Suspicious

Break of a Lifetime

Jenny's POV

I'm currently in the hotel room. I have been receiving many calls from entertainment shows about wanting to interview me. How great is this?! About time that I've received some recognition. I mean, I think Scynthia, Ann, and even Lauren have spent enough time in the spotlight. It's my turn now.

You want to know why I'm doing all of this? Well, I guess I'll tell you.

It all started when Scynthia and Ann got accepted into BigHit. I mean, they barely did anything to get in. All they did was smile on camera and boom! They're now trainees. They're not even rookie idols yet and they appeared on Inkigayo. I mean, who does that?!

And then Lauren! I mean, all she did was walk down the street and what do you know! She's now a fashion stylist at YG. They've done nothing! They've had it all easy!! They didn't put any work to get all

Me? I had to be interviewed to become a MC at Inkigayo. From there on, I had to talk to people and make connections. For example, me and Eric Nam have gotten kind of close. He's the one who hooked me up with the job at Korean Entertainment News. (Ahh! I love Eric! Can't help but say his name how Jackson says it on the After School Club. XD)

And all of these people are in relationships! How does that even happen so fast? We've been here for two friggin weeks! No friggin way!

Plus, I'm only telling the truth. I mean, J-Hope and Scynthia are in a relationship. Am I or am I not lying here?

Ann's dad is in prison. For what, I don't know. Like I was really paying attention while she was telling her sappy boo-hoo, attention seeking story.

And Lauren? Well, let's just say I think something is up between her, Taehyun, and Suho. Only time will tell though.

Well, anyways. There you go. That's my story. I'm doing everything because of me. I'm going to become big in the entertainment world. You think I'm taking it too far? Well nothing is too much when you're talking about the entertainment biz.

I get ready and do my usual stuff before heading out. Hyuk wants to see me for something and he asked me to coffee. I This shall be interesting.

 

I head out the hotel and head over to the coffee shop.

Huh, I think this is the place Scynthia and Lauren wanted me to go to one day. Surprisingly, it's a nice looking place. Maybe I'll invite them to hang out.

I mean, they're competition now. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right?

As I enter the shop, I scan the customers for Hyuk. I spot him at a table near the window. Nice choice.

I sit in the seat across from him.

"Why hello Jenny. You look very nice today," he says while smiling.

I smile back. "Why thank you. Appearance is always most important, right?" I ask him before laughing.

He nods his head before saying, "Of course, especially in this industry."

I nod. "So, what did you want me to see me about?" I ask.

He smiles. "Wanting to get straight to the point, huh? That's one of the things I like about you. Guess I'll get to it then. How did you get so much information on the two new BigHit trainees?" He asks.

I shrug before smirking. "Like I said on the show, anonymous."

He smirks back as he leans forward on his elbows. "Really now? Anonymous? Two times in a row, huh?"

"What can I say. I guess I'm really meant for this type of job," I say.

"How far are you willing to go?" He asks.

"How far are you thinking?" I ask back.

He stares at me for a little bit before leaning back into his seat.

"I think if we work together, we can go pretty far," Hyuk says before smiling.

I smile back at him. Partners, huh?

Told you this guy would be interesting.

 

At BigHit Entertainment

Ann's POV

Hyejin came to get us and she brought us to the company.

We are all now sitting in Mr. Bang's office. Yup. All of us. Me, Scynthia, and BTS, along with Hyejin.

I'm sitting in between Suga and Hyejin.  

On our way here, I told Hyejin about my dad because she asked why I walked off stage. She said I didn't have to tell her, but I trust and feel comfortable with Hyejin. She's like a big sister I've never had.

I also had to explain why my right hand is currently wrapped up in a bandage.  Now that was akward to tell.  I mean, I still can't believe I punched a hole in the wall.

As I'm in my seat, I can't help but bounce my leg. That's one of my habits I do when I get nervous. That and closing and opening my hands in a fist.

Suddenly a hand is on my knee and stops me from moving it. I look over to see that it was Suga.

"Everything will be fine. Just relax," he says before offering a smile.

I sigh before nodding.

Mr. Bang then enters the office and takes his seat in front of us.

"It seems like you guys enjoy visiting me, huh?" Mr. Bang asks.

We all just keep quiet.

"So. I just want to let you guys know that this isn't your fault. I already have people talking to Inkigayo so they can tell me what happened. It seems like it was that new MC. Do you two happen to know her?" He asks.

Me and Scynthia look at him wide eyed before nodding our heads.

"Yes, unfortunately. She is or was my friend. She came with us here for spring break," Scynthia says.

Mr. Bang slowly nods his head.  "So is this why she knows so much about you guys?"

Scynthia nods again.

"I see," Mr. Bang starts off before looking at me.

"I'm going to assume that something significant happened with your father. You don't have to tell me. But is that why you walked off stage?" Mr. Bang asks.

I nod. "Yes sir. And I'm sorry," I say as I bow my head.

As I look back up, I find him giving me a slight but warm smile.

"We'll just have to work on your variety show skills and such. Anyways, back to business," he says.

He looks at J-Hope and Scynthia before speaking.

"After yesterday's show, you guys have become a trending topic. It seems as if that interview boosted you guys. People are now saying how they want you two to be a couple. Many people are actually rooting for you two. Even though this is good news, we'll just let things go naturally," Mr Bang says.

"Does that mean we can go out in public on dates?" J Hope asks.

"No. Not yet anyways. I want to take this slow and see how things go," Mr Bang says.

He then looks at me and then at Scynthia.

"As for you two. People are loving you guys. You two have been receiving a lot of praise from the performance. Fans are even making websites and such about you guys. So, I just want you guys to beware of this. Fans may begin to randomly come up to you for autographs and such, so just be careful," Mr Bang says.

"No way! That is really awesome!!" Scynthia says.

Mr Bang nods.

"As for all of you. I want you guys to be careful around this Jennifer person. You guys are to watch what you say or do in front of her. She is like paparazzi now; she just wants dirt. She is not allowed in the dorm and I already told security not to let her in company's building either," he says.

I sit there and listen, not believing it has come down to this. I can't believe I have to be careful in front of my own friend. Well, I don't know what we are anymore to be honest. I let out a sigh. As I do this, Suga places his hand on my knee then looks at me and smiles before mouthing it'll be okay.

"And lastly. I just want to tell you that I am very proud of you all. Keep up the good work. You guys are now dismissed," he says before smiling.

We all leave the office and head our separate ways to begin our training.

As I'm heading to the dance room with Jimin and Jungkook, Hyejin calls out for me.

"Ann!" She yells as she walks to catch up to where I am.

"Yes unnie?" I say.

She smiles. "I think that's the first time you've called me unnie. I'm so touched," she says as she places a hand on her chest and wipes off a fake tear with the other.

I giggle.

"But you can't call me oppa?" Jimin asks.

I shrug. "It's different," I say.

"Ok guys. Don't start. But anyways. Ann, you won't be going to dance practice today," Hyejin says.

"Where am I going then?" I ask curiously.

She smiles before saying, "You are going to vocal training," she says.

My eyes widen in shock. I don't sing. I mean, I've never tried, but I don't sing. I'm a dancer not a singer.

"I don't sing though," I say.  

"Well, I guess we will see today, won't we? You will go with Jungkook and Jimin to the studio. Jin and Taehyun should be there as well," she says.

"Well, come on noona!" Jungkook says before grabbing my wrist and taking me to the studio.

We arrive at the studio to meet Jin and V.

"Hey Ann. Why don't you step in the booth and we'll see how you sound," Jin says before smiling.

I sigh. "Fine."

"You'll do fine," V says.

I walk into the booth and put the headphones on.

"Okay. So we'll choose...let's try the song Butterfly," Jimin says.

I look at them like they're crazy. I mean they are but Butterfly?? Do they want me to embarrass myself?  That song has some good vocals.  I mean, why would I want to ruin it?

"Whenever you're ready Ann," Jin says.

I sigh before giving him a thumbs up. The song starts and I begin to sing. I sing until the song stops. I walk out the booth.

"Wow. That was much better than I expected. I mean, it wasn't perfect but you're not bad either," Jin says.

I nod. "Thanks I guess. Do you know why I'm here anyways? I mean singing?" I ask.

Jin shrugs. "Mr. Bang just told us to have you sing and he wanted Scynthia to practice more on her dancing."

Well then.  I guess Mr. Bang must be up to something.

 

Back at the dorm

Scynthia's POV

I walk in the dorm and I literally fall on the couch and close my eyes. I'm so exhausted. For some reason, I've been practicing my dance all day long today. I mean, I usually just join in on the group practices. But this was one on one dance training. I mean, it was cool cause I got to dance with Hoseok. I mean, who doesn't want to get a dance lesson from him?!

I feel my legs being held up. I open my eyes to see Ann sitting down and putting her legs on her lap.

"Tired?" She asks.

I nod. "I don't know how you dance like this all of the time. I'm so sore and beat," I say.

She laughs. "You know they had me practicing singing all day?" She says.

"Hmm..well, you aren't a bad singer. I mean, when we sing to songs for fun, you don't sound bad. But seriously, why are they making us practice these things? Oh and while you're here, wanna massage my legs?" I ask hopefully.

She shakes her head and smiles and starts to rub my legs. I think I'm in need of an ice bath.

"Thats what I was thinking. Once they tested out my voice, they had me practice I Need U and Run for the rest of the day," she says while still massaging my legs. Feels amazing by the way.

"Same here! They had me dance to those two songs like crazy. Well, Hoseok did anyways. I wonder what everyone is up to. I mean, the guys aren't even here," I say suspiciously.

"Yeah. Yoongi told me they had to stay and practice for a show. And Hyejin has been acting really really happy and excited today. I think they're not telling us something," Ann says.

"I agree. But we'll probably find out soon. Hey! Why do I only feel one hand on my legs?" I say.

"Sorry. I'm on Twitter. I haven't been on here in for----oh my god!" She says and stops massaging me.

"What's so important that you gotta stop rubbing my poor legs?" I ask.

"I have almost 50,000 followers. What the heck? I'm looking on your account. . .you have over 50,000 followers! What is this?" She says excitedly.

I sit up and scoot next to her to see her phone.

"Wow. I guess he was right when he said we'd be getting fans. This is so cool! Maybe we should start tweeting again? Maybe it'll be a good way for fans to get to know us?" I suggest.

"Hmmm....I guess it couldn't hurt? Oh! Let's take a picture! We can say we just came back from training," She says while smiling.

I nod. We take the picture and she posts it.

"Well, I'm going to take me a long and relaxing bath," I say ad I slowly stand up from the couch.

"Have fun. Don't stay in there too long," she says.

"Whatever," I say before leaving for the bathroom.

 

BigHit Entertainment

Hyejin's POV

I'm going to miss the girls so much! I can’t believe the girls will leave at the end of next week.

But anyways, me and the boys are planning something big for the girls before they go!

I would tell you guys but that would give it away wouldn’t it?  It does, however, have to deal with them practicing extra hard.

We just left Mr. Bang’s office discussing their surprise.  He was for it, as well! Now, we just have to keep it from Ann and Scynthia. 

And I hope we can keep these two out of trouble and keep them in the good headlines.

But tomorrow, we are going to play out part one of our surprise.  I hope they like it!

 

 

 

Eh, I guess you can tell the story is starting to come to an end .  . .slowly but surely.  Hope you like the chapter!  Peace! :)