Chapter 21

A Long Wait

 

Miss. Nam’s smile dropped when she met Alex’s eyes.

“This is Alex, Sunggyu’s girlfriend” Sunggyu’s dad said. Alex felt uneasy now. She was actually hoping that Sunggyu’s dad didn’t label her as his girlfriend in front of Miss. Nam. She knew she would disapprove with this but instead of speaking up she smiled at Alex.

She looked at Sunggyu's parents. “I already know her. She works at the school” she said.

His parents nodded and started asking Alex questions while walking to the dining room. Miss. Nam stopped Sunggyu making him look at her confusedly.

“Is there something wrong aunt?” he asked.

“What is this?”

Sunggyu knew what she meant and shrugged his shoulder “I like her and asked her out”

“But I told—“

“Look aunt I don’t want to sound rude but I don’t care what you say about her. So you might as well accept the fact that I'm with her” Miss. Nam glared at him. “Kim Sunggyu—“

“Mother?”

Both Sunggyu and Miss. Nam turned to see Woohyun and Shinhye behind them.

“Eomeoni what are you doing here?” Shinhye asked.

Woohyun looked at his mother wondering when she got back from her business trip. Now he can finally find out how she knew about Alex and him. Miss. Nam cleared her through and smiled at Shinhye “We should go in the dining room now” she said.

Shinhye nodded and followed her leaving Sunggyu and Woohyun behind.

They looked at each other not needing to talk to get their message through.

“I think you’re wasting your time” Woohyun said breaking the intense silence. Sunggyu scoffed and put his hands in his pockets.

“What makes you think that?” he asked.

Woohyun shrugged and walked towards the dining room with Sunggyu following him.

“What were you guys doing?” Sunggyu’s mother asked them when they walked in.

“Just talking” Woohyun put his arm round Sunggyu and smiled at him.

“Right?” he asked. Sunggyu nodded and pushed his arm away before sitting next to Alex. Alex knew something was up between them but decided to ask Sunggyu later.

Diner went down smoothly until Miss. Nam decided to bring up the wedding.

“Shinhye how is the wedding going? Everything ready?” she asked. Shinhye whipped like a land and shook her head.

“I need to get the flowers sorted, pick a cake with Woohyun and get bridesmaid dresses” she said listing off the things she has to do.

“Who are your bridesmaids?” Sunggyu’s mother asked.

“It’s her cousin Amber” Miss. Nam said answering her question.

“And Alex” Shinhye said.

“Bwo?!”

“Really?” Sunggyu’s mother clapped her hands in delight while Miss. Nam looked angry and confused. Sunggyu’s parents seem to now have seen Miss. Nam’s facial expression.

“N-nae, me and Alex got close and plus she’s Amber’s friend so I asked her” Shinhye stuttered afraid of what Miss. Nam might do to her. Woohyun watched his mother and knew she was annoyed, well everyone could see that except Sunggyu’s parents.

Miss. Nam put down her utensils and stood up causing everyone to look at her. Woohyun, Sunggyu and Alex were scared at what she might say.

“It looks like I have to go now” she said.

Is that it? They all thought. Alex sighed in relief why the two boys kept their guards up. Sunggyu’s mother pouted at her “Why are you going so early? The dessert is nearly done so stay a little longer” she said hoping she would stay.

Miss. Nam smiled but shook her head “I wish I could but I need to finish of some work” she said. Suddenly Sunggyu’s dad got up as well “Before you go I need to give you something” he said.

They walked into his office and closed the door behind them. Sunggyu’s dad walked over to his desk and grabbed the big envelop.

“Here is the contract for the new hotel that we are building” he said, handing her the envelop.

She nodded and put it in her bag.

“What do you think about Alex?” he suddenly asked. Miss. Nam scoffed “What do you want me to think?”

Sunggyu’s dad was confused at why she said it like that “Why? Don’t you like her?” he asked.

“She’s just a fake. Being nice and sweet to elders but really she’s just after the money. They all are”

“Don’t be like this” he said defending Alex.

“I will proof to you that she’s not right for Sunggyu. She’s going to break his heart like she did with Woohyun” Sunggyu’s dad looked at her with wide eyes “She was with Woohyun?” he asked.

“I will be leaving now” Miss. Nam left the office without answering his question. I will show him what kind of girl she is, and then he will tell Sunggyu to break up with her. After that it would be the right time to bring her back home Miss. Nam thought.

 

20 Days

“Uibong what would you be doing for the talent show?” I asked. I was preparing the talent show list. I’ve been doing a lot of work lately just busying up my mind with that instead of Miss. Nam.

Since the diner with Sunggyu’s parents I’ve been feeling uneasy like she will do the same thing again. But as Sunggyu said he won’t leave me.

“Dance!” he said.

“What song?”

“Rain – Love song” he said. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow at him.

“It’s for you noona” he winked and me and ran out the class room. I scoffed and asked Jiyeon and her friends what she’s going to do.

“Dance! And the song we are using is why are you being like this” Jieun said. I nodded and wrote it down. I looked over at Jieun and asked her what song she would be singing, when I said that Jiyeon looked at her.

“You’re going to sing?” she asked.

“N-nae and I will be singing to someday” Jieun said.

“Someday? Never heard of it” I shrugged my shoulders and wrote it down. When I got everything sorted I told them when we would be having the talent show which is in 10 days.

 

19 Days

“Ya!” Sunggyu looked up at me and laughed at the icing stain he put on my cheek. I was making cupcakes because I promised my class I would make them some if they all got a mark over 50. And I guess that happened today.

I was trying to concentrate but Sunggyu decided to annoy me.

“Oppa~ leave! I need to finish this today so I can give it to them tomorrow” I said while pushing him away with my hips as my hands are full with flour and icing.

“But I’m bored” he whined. Seriously what is up with people coming to me when they are bored?

“Well a game or something” I said. He came behind me and back hugged me.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked, I was still a bit new with this whole relationship thing between us. “Don’t worry; I’m not here to cause trouble” he said.

“Says the guy who put icing on my cheek. Next thing you know Sunggyu my cheek where the icing was and smiled at me.

I blinked at him. Did he just me?

“S-Sunggyu”

“Yes?” he leaned his face closer to mine making our nose touch.

“Get off me” I said with a straight face.

“Nae~” he let go of me and walked out of the kitchen.

Idiot.

 

18 days

“You actually did it?!” Jieun said. I gave everyone their cupcake I nodded. Everyone awed at me.

“Alex-shi you’re the best teacher ever” she said while wiping a fake tear away. I laughed at the way she was acting “Well a promise is a promise right? Anyways we have 8 days left till the talent show, so we need to start selling tickets” I said.

“Can we do it tomorrow? I rather study” Uibong causing everyone to give him strange look, even me. I mean this is Uibong were talking about. He doesn’t like to study at all!

“Umm okay, sure” I said.

 

17 Days

“How about this one?” Shinhye asked, showing us a pink frilly dress. Me and Amber looked at it and shook our head.

“What’s wrong with this one?”

“Too frilly” I said.

“Too pink” Amber said.

“Okay, okay. We will get something that’s less frilly but what colour?” Shinhye asked while looking through the dresses.

“Blue!” me and Amber said at the same time.  Shinhye shook her head “This is my wedding I should choose” she mumbled.

“Let’s just go to a different store” I asked.

“But this is the 4th store we went to” Shinhye whined.

“Aish let’s just go home and try next time” Amber said while walking out the shop.

“Unnie wait!” I followed Amber out the shop and heard Shinhye whine. “The wedding is in 17 days guys!”

 

16 days

Me and Sunggyu were sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Let’s go wash the car” he suddenly said. I looked at him “Why?!”

He shrugged his shoulder “It’s dirty….and I want to see you in a bikini” he mumbled.

“Sunggyu!”

“What?!” he looked at me innocently.

 

15 Days

“Jiyeon is the stage okay for you guys?” I asked her.

“Alex-shi the school’s stage is like a huge theatre of course its okay” she said. Her and her friend walked up the stage and started practising the dance. I walked round and watched everyone practise their act that they will be showing in 5 days.

Jieun was playing in a room with her guitar not wanting anyone to listen to her yet. So I let her be.

 

14 days

Woohyun’s POV

“I need to ask you something” that was the first thing I said when I walked in my mother’s office. She looked at me and took her reading glasses off and looked at me.

“How did you know about Alex and me?” I asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about! How else would Shinhye and Sunggyu know?!” I was getting annoyed at how she thinks she can get away from this by acting like she doesn’t know.

“You are my son. So of course I would know these kinds of things” she said.

There is something else in my mind but I don’t know if she actually was the reason for it. “Did Alex leave because of you?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Bwo?!”

“I told her to leave and she did, she didn’t even put up a fight so she’s not worth it”

“Not worth it! I love her!” I shouted. How could she? What if she didn’t ask her to leave? Would we still be together?

“Love?” she scoffed “Woohyun that time you didn’t know what love meant. Your with Shinhye you love her” she said.

“No I don’t! I tried but I can’t”

“Don’t be stupid Woohyun”

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out the office pissed off. Now I need to confront Alex and tell her that I know.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hmm I don’t know about this chapter….I didn’t know how to write the dinner scene.

I mean I had it all in my head and stuff but nothing lol

Woohyun knows! I think I could have written that bit a bit better but I couldn’t sorry to disappoint.

and yes i did use JR from dream high 2 in this chapter. I just love that guy! xD

Anyways please tell me what you think and what might happen~