Chapter 8

A Long Wait

 

It’s been 3 days since the announcement of their wedding. Amber has been on my case for a while as well. Asking me questions that I don’t really want to answer and telling her that I’m fine. Yes she knows now I can’t keep secrets from her.

“Miss, I don’t understand this question” a student asked. I walked up to him while eyeing everyone else. They were doing a test right now. I helped the student out without hinting out the answer to him.

I heard a knock on the door which caused me to look over. It was Shinhye; she was waving at me to come out.

I looked back at the students “I’ll be right back, don’t think you can still talk. I’ll be watching you” I warned the class and walked out.

I looked inside the class again before bringing my attention to Shinhye.

“I’m so sorry but I wanted to give you this” she said handing me a white envelope.

“It’s the wedding invitation. You didn’t pick yours up at the party” she said smiling at me.

“Oh umm yeah sorry about that I felt sick “I said taking the envelope.

She nodded. There was an awkward silence right now so I decided to break it “Umm I have to go in now”

“Oh! I forgot about that yeah go I’ll see you round okay” she said. I nodded and walked back inside the class.

I sat on my chair and looked at the envelope.

Should I go?

“Teacher” I looked up and saw one of the students raising her hand.

“Yes Jiyeon?”

“Is that an invitation to Mr. Nam and Miss. Park’s wedding?” she asked getting everyone to look at me.

“A-ah ne, but how do you know” I asked. Everyone started giggling completely forgetting about the test.

“Miss everyone knows” she said grinning, “They look cute together I’m so happy! I hope I meet a man like Mr. Nam” she said signing.

“Ya, Jiyeon stop day dreaming. I don’t think they suit” said one of my other students Jieun.

“Then who is perfect for Mr. Nam then” Jiyeon responded. Before Jieun could answer her question she started squealing. “OH MY GOSH! I would be perfect for Mr. Nam” she said causing everyone to groan and throw paper balls at her,

“Hey! Stop throwing things at her” I said picking up one of the paper balls of the floor and tossing it around.

“Anyway!” Jieun said “I think Alex-shi would be perfect for Mr. Nam” she said. I dropped the paper when she said that.

“Noona! Jieun is right you guys would be good together” said one of the boys. I gave him a look, “Ya only because I gave you permission to call me by my name do not mean you can call me noona.”  I said sternly.

Then reality hit me.

“You guys are supposed to do you test why are you talking!” I said.

“Hmm maybe Jieun is right” mumbled Jiyeon. Before I could tell her to be quite the bell rang.

 

 

No one’s POV

Amber walked in the school building searching for Alex. While she was walking down the busy hall way filled with students she saw her cousin.

“Shinhye!”

 Shinhye turned around and saw Amber; she smiled and walked towards her.

“Oh why are you here? Came to see your cousin?” she asked. Amber laughed awkwardly “actually I came to look for Alex” Amber said.

“Oh! Well I can show you where her class is” she said. Amber nodded and followed her.

When Amber told Shinhye that she came to see Alex instead of her she felt like someone just saw her trip up the stairs. Shinhye felt so embarrassed right now assuming that her cousin came to see her and because of that theirs an awkward aura around them.

Shinhye stopped in front of a class room “it’s here, I have to go so I’ll see you later yeah” Shinhye left without hearing a response from Amber.

“Did she get upset?” Amber asked herself. Amber shrugged it off and walked in the classroom causing Alex to look up from the papers she’s holding.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Can I not see my friend?” Amber asked while sitting on a desk in front of Alex’s.

“I’m sorry for asking” Alex said while putting the papers away. Amber saw an envelope on her desk and picked it up already knowing what it was.

“Are you going?” she asked while opening the envelope.

“Hmm I was thinking of not going” Alex said without looking up.

“AH WAEYO!!” Amber whined.

Alex looked at her “What are you 3?” she asked.

“Do you want me to act 3?” Amber threatened, Alex signed.

“Just please come. For me” Amber pleaded.

“Amber you know why I can’t come” Alex said

“But-“Amber stopped talking when Alex gave a glare.

“If looks could kill, fine whatever you don’t want to come then okay”

“Thank you” Alex said getting up.

“Oh are you going to that school trip on Friday” Amber asked changing the subject.

“How do you know about that?” she asked

“Because I’m chaperoning, Shinhye is too busy so she asked me to take her place” Amber answered.

“That’s so cool, we can go snowboarding together” Alex said excitedly happy that her friend is coming along with her.

“Snowboarding?” Amber gave her a confused look.

“You do know we’re going to a ski resort right?”

“Jeongmal!!?” Amber got even more excited. She loved the snow and living in L.A you don’t really get any snow. Alex nodded “Look at you getting excited, I thought you knew” she said whiles giggling.

“I didn’t, I have to go home and repack. I’ll call you later okay” Amber said while walking out the classroom.

Alex shook her head with a smile on her face “Crazy”

 

 

FRIDAY

“Okay everyone before you get in the coach put your bags in here and come and let me sign you in!” a teacher yelled at the students. Alex was busy helping students with their bags that she didn’t notice two of her students walk up to her.

“Alex-shi~”

Alex looked up and saw Jiyeon and Jieun in front of her. The 2J’s is what she called them.

“Alex-shi do we look like were skaters” Jiyeon asked. Alex looked at them weirdly “As in ice-skating?” she asked.

Jiyeon nodded.

“Umm I guess” Alex was kind of unsure; she looked over at Jieun who looked at her skates weirdly.

“Jieun you okay?” she asked.

“Oh don’t mind her she just keeps thinking she’ll fall when she skates” Jiyeon answered for her.

“Well she is clumsy” Alex said.

“SEE!” Jieun shouted feeling frustrated and walked away muttering something about peer pressure. Jiyeon laughed awkwardly “Haha don’t mind her, bye miss” she said while running after Jieun.

Alex chuckled.

“You ready?”

Alex turned around and saw Amber with her snowboard. Alex nodded at her question.

“Are you sure I don’t see your snowboard” Amber asked again while putting hers in the coach.

“It’s already inside”

“Ahh this is going to be fun” Amber said while slinging her arms on Alex’s shoulder.

“Is everyone ready?” asked Woohyun. Yes Woohyun is going to this trip as well.

When Alex found out about that in the morning she felt like running away and telling them she caught the flu. But remembering that Amber was coming and wanting to spend more time with her, she stayed.

“Fighting” Amber said rising up her fist.

Alex chuckled “Fighting” she said rising up her fist as well.

3 days with Nam Woohyun…..it will be okay.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

all i can really say is that i got really busy lately and couldnt get back to this.

but look at it now i'm back and hopfully i'll be able to update more =D

sorry for any mistakes in this story i wasnt bothered to look over it xD