Chapter 2

A Long Wait

 

Woohyun’s POV

“Why is there a half girl in your house?” I asked. Telling you the truth I'm actually pissed that she’s here, did she move on that quick? I scoffed at that thought.

“Do you know her?” he asked.

“I told you I don’t know her and you didn’t answer my question” getting a bit annoyed.

Sunggyu signed “My friend”

“Good” I mumbled

“What?” I just shook my head. I shouldn’t care if they are more than friend.

“I got to go so I’ll just see you tomorrow” I said heading toward the door. Sunggyu waved me goodbye before I left.

 

Alex’s POV

The next day I got up and walked towards the kitchen seeing Sunggyu eating his breakfast. He saw me walking towards him, “morning” he said before swallowing his food.

“Morning, hey Sunggyu where do you work?” I asked, I’ve been thinking about getting a job since I’m staying here and plus I will feel bored being stuck at home all the time.

“My dad’s company, why you asking?”

I sat beside him “Do you think there’s any job vacancy there?” I asked. Sunggyu shook his head “nope sorry but I know a different place you can work at” he said.

I looked at him with hope in my eyes “Really? Where?”

“At a school being an English teacher, do mind that?” he asked. I thought about it for a bit, being an English teacher won’t be that hard.

“Okay I’ll do it” I said.

“Cool let me just give them a call” he said walking away with his phone in his hand.

A few minutes later Sunggyu came back wearing a suit.

“You got the job” he said smiling, is he serious? Was it that easy?

“Really? That was quick, so when do I start?” I asked. Sunggyu looked at his watch. “Hmm in a few hours”

“An hour?!” I rushed to my room and got ready really quickly. I wonder how the school looks like or if the students there are okay. Dang it where are my heals?

I walked out the room and told Sunggyu I was ready. We walked out the house and walked towards his car. Sunggyu’s neighbourhood was a quiet place and very clean.

On our way there I realised that the road seemed a bit familiar.

“Hey what’s the school called?” I asked. I’m starting to feel uneasy.

“Seoul Boarding School” he said not taking his eyes of the road.

Oh great going back to a school that I have been kicked out from is seriously not a good feeling. Didn’t the headmistress know I was working there?

“Who exactly did you ask?”

This time Sunggyu looked at me, “The assistant head, but don’t worry if you scared” he said hearing the uneasiness through my voice.he pulled up in front of the school.

“I’ll pick you up when you’re done okay” I smiled and waved at him while he was driving away. When I was sure that he was gone I dropped my hand and started frowning.

Seriously what is this stupid coincident.

I signed and walked inside the school. Nothing much has changed just a few new things here and there. I reached the office and told them about my arrival. They gave me few instructions and all those sorts and I was on my way to teach.

Teach. So weird.

I got to my class and looked at the planning sheet where it says what I would have to teach them. There was an hour left till school starts so I had enough time to prepare myself. I heard a knock on the door.  Someone is already here?

The door opened and Woohyun walked in. What is he doing here?!

“What are you doing here?” he asked and by the looks of it he’s quite shocked.

“I work here, what are you doing here?” I said with annoyance on my voice. Seriously seeing a jerk like him twice is just....I can’t even describe it. I looked away from him and put pieces of paper on the student’s desk.

“Is that how you talk to your boss?” I snapped my head towards him. BOSS?!

Woohyun raised one of his eyebrows “I’m surprised your even here” he said ignoring my shocked facial expression. This guy cannot be my boss.

“I’m surprised you let me work here” I snapped back at him. I don’t care if I’m going to lose this job on my first day. I don’t want him to be my boss. I rather have his mother as my boss.

“I didn’t hire you” he said.

He didn’t hire me, then who did?

“Oh there you are” a girl with brown shoulder length hair came in the class room.

“You must be the new teacher, right?” she asked, I just nodded. Who is she?

“She was the one who hired me” he said. I just nodded again, I’m getting confused.

“Umm not to sound rude but who exactly are you?” I asked. Seriously I want to know who she was especially when she is standing so close to Woohyun.

“I’m Park Shinhye, the assistant head” she said smiling.

“My fiancé” said Woohyun.

I looked over at him and then the woman. That’s who he is getting married to? My heart felt like there was a heavy weight on it. I started choking on my own spit and started coughing. I saw Woohyun flinch but I wasn’t sure if it was just me and my eyes.

Shinhye walked toward me handing me a water bottle, I just shoved it away and stopped coughing.

“I’m fine thanks”

“Oh well we hope you do well on your first day even though it was kind of rushed.” She said smiling.

I can’t dislike this woman she’s too nice.

They walked out of the room. I heaved a sign and sat on one of the table clutching on my chest.

“Appayo” I mumbled.

Hours passed and I finished my work. I kept myself busy to stop me from thinking about what happened. The students there were really nice and stuff, I found out that they are going to a school trip so I decided to go to my old dormitory.

I walked in the empty building and walked up the stairs towards my old room.

Room 27

There it is.

I opened the door and saw all the changes in the room. Instead of a blue wall paper it changed to green with posters on the wall. I walked toward the desk which they didn’t replace with a new one and opened the drawer at the bottom with a lock on it.

I took out the key and put it in and opened it. I took out the box that was in the drawer, when I was about to open it my phone rang. I took it out and looked at the ID.

“Hello?”

“Alex are you done yet? I'm like almost there” said Sunggyu on the other line.

“Yep I’ll be out in a minute” I said. He said bye before hanging up. I looked at the box and picked it up taking it with me.

I entered the school to get my bag and the student’s work that needs marking. When I got myself ready I left the classroom and walked towards the exit.

“What is that?”

I looked up and saw Woohyun. I put the box behind me so he wouldn’t be able to see it.

“Nothing”

He chuckled and walked towards me. “You know you’re a bad liar right?” he said now standing in front of me.

“I thought you want nothing to do with me” I said trying to change the subject. I don’t want him to know what’s in the box; I’ll probably burn it or something.

“You work for me now so I have every right to do something with you” he said.

I raised my eyebrows at what he said. I think he noticed what he said and started blushing. “W-wait not in that way. As in I-I’m your boss so I have every right to know what you’re doing” he stuttered while looking away.

That’s the Woohyun I remember.

“I guess you haven’t changed” I said.

“Stop thinking about me in that way” he said still not meeting my eyes.

“You think I’m not trying?” this time he looked at me. I signed, me working for him is not working out how can I move on if he’s everywhere?

My phone rang breaking the awkward silence. It’s probably Sunggyu.

“I guess I’ll be going then.” I said before I could walk away Woohyun grabbed my arm.

“What’s in that box?” he asked again.

“Stupid memories” I said before yanking my arm away and walked towards the exit.

When I got outside I saw Sunggyu’s car. I walked towards it and got in.

“Let’s go home, I'm so tired” I said faking a yawn.

We arrived home and had dinner. After dinner I went straight to my room and got the box that I placed under my bed when we got home.

I sat on my bed and opened it.

In the box were some notes me and Woohyun pass each other in class. I took it out and started reading them.

Alex I'm bored what are you doing? – W

Are you seriously asking me what I'm doing? I'm doing my work which you should be doing as well – A

But it’s boring – W

Stop bothering me your distracting me – A

And that was pretty much it. I looked at the other notes.

Alexandraaaa~! ^_^ - W

Oppa you know I don’t like my full name D= - A

But it’s so pretty like you – W

Eww so cheesy, how can I like a cheesy guy? xD – A

I’ll show you why ;D – W

And there’s the grease -__-  - A

I smiled at the notes; I guess that was the time we were together. There was so much more notes but I wasn’t bothered to read it. I looked through the box and saw some concert tickets that we went to and other junks.

I got out the picture that was on the bottom of the box. It was a picture of me and Woohyun; he had his arms around me. We were smiling so brightly, I wish things still was like that.

“I’ll get rid of it tomorrow” I said putting everything back in the box and getting ready to sleep.

 

I felt someone nudging my shoulder.

“Jagiya wake up”

That voice, I would recognise it from a mile away. I pushed him away and turned my body around facing the wall and putting my pillow on my head.

“Don’t call me that” I said trying to fall back to sleep.

“Okay if you want to be late for school I don’t really mind” he said. I quickly got out of my bed and ran towards the bathroom. “Woohyun lay out my uniform please!” I shouted through the bathroom door.

I got myself ready and walked out the bathroom. I looked over my bed and saw my oversize panda t-shirt and shorts.

“Woohyun didn’t I ask you to put my uniform out?” I asked.

He nodded “yes you did and I will do that on Monday when its school.”

Wait what? Oh my gosh it’s Saturday.

“Ya you tricked me!” I said while punching his arm.

“Well sorry if that is the only way of waking you up” he said trying to hold in a laugh. He held my shoulder and pushed me towards the bathroom.

“Hurry up and get changed we’re going to be late” he said while I was grabbing my clothes.

“Late…Late for what?” I asked. “You’ll see”

A few minutes later I got ready and we walked out of school to his car. I kept bothering him with questions wondering where we were going, until I realise where we were going when I saw the bridge.

He parked his car and we got out.

“Is that a picnic basket?” I asked pointing at the basket that he was holding.

“Yup I heard that going to Hangang River is romantic especially when you’re having a picnic” he said while holding my hand and strolling around.

He’s so cheesy but I guess he’s trying. We had a lot of fun; Woohyun rented out some bikes after the picnic and went on one of those taxi boat things. Afterwards we went to an arcade and went to those picture booth things.

We took some pictures with different kind of facial expression. When we finished we got the pictures.

“Hey you got a pen?” he asked. I nodded and gave him the pen.

He took the picture and started writing on it.

“What are you writing?” I asked trying to look but he kept blocking my few so I just gave up.

“Done!” he said

“Can I see it now?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Oh but why?!” I really wanted to know what he wrote. Woohyun chuckled “Just calm down you’ll see it later” he said.

“Come on curfew is nearly over” he said while dragging me out of the arcade.

We got back on time. Woohyun walked me to my dormitory building.

“Do you want to see the picture now?” he asked. I nodded eagerly he chuckled and got the picture out and handed it to me. There was nothing written on the front so I turned the picture around.

24/08/2009 – don’t forget this day because without you realizing you opened up to me more and I'm glad that you did because I fell for you much harder than I did before. I hope as the days go past you will feel the same way as I do because by the looks of it you’re still confused. Don’t worry I will wait for you ^__^ - Namstar~!

I looked up at Woohyun; he smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “One step at a time” he whispered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

i hope this chapter is okay.

i was really suprised that i already got subscribers and comments on this

and because of that i want to thank you guys for commenting!! =D

please read my other fanfic also: How To Use Chopsticks

Fact! - I write this fanfics at school on my free periods xD