Chapter 25

A Long Wait

7 Days

I was at home waiting for Amber and Alex to arrive. I asked them to come over and help me plan the wedding which just a week away now. I wonder if I’m actually able to face Riley right now but I have to, I want to.

I heard a knock on my door so I went over to go open it. In walked in Amber who went straight towards the kitchen, I looked at Alex. She was taking her shoes of and felt me starring at her.

“Hi” I said when she looked up.

“Oh hey” she smiled. We just stood there not saying anything until Amber walked towards us with a piece of bread in . “What are you guys doing?” she asked, I just shook my head and sat on the couch.

Amber and Alex followed.

“So why are we doing this with you? Shouldn’t you be talking to Woohyun instead?” Amber asked.

“Well we are her bridesmaid Amber; we are supposed to help here with this stuff as well”

“Exactly! Thank you Alex. And plus Woohyun isn’t here” I told them. “Woohyun isn’t here? Then where is he?” Amber asked while finishing of her bread.

“China, something about getting Sunggyu back.”

“What?”

“I know I was confused as well. Did something happen between you and him?” I asked Alex.

“Huh? Oh umm we broke up”

“Bwo?!” if they broke up why would Woohyun bring Sunggyu back? Unless he’s over her, no I should stop thinking that way or I will bring my hopes up.

“Let’s just change the subject and focus on the wedding” Amber said. I nodded and told them the things I would want and how we are going to sort things out. Tomorrow we would be going to the venue to help put things in place with the workers.

I kept glancing over at Alex, every time I try to talk to her she would always avoid looking me straight in the eyes. Was I to obvious?

 

6 Days

Shinhye Amber and Alex walked in the venue carrying boxes full of white tulips. Shinhye decided to get the flowers herself just in case the workers make another mistake, because it’s nearly time for the big day she wouldn’t mind doing everything herself. She just really wants everything to be perfect and spot on.

Amber dropped them on a table and laid on the floor “why are those flowers so heavy?” she asked. Shinhye shrugged and put everything down next to Amber, Alex followed.

“Come on Amber were not done yet” Shinhye said while picking her up.

“Aish what else is there to do?” Amber asked. Amber really doesn’t like doing this kind of stuff, she always feels like she’ll mess something up and she doesn’t want to ruin things for her cousin.

“You can go to the kitchen and test out the food that we are going to serve. If you don’t like them then tell them so they can change the menu” Shinhye instructed. Without saying anything Amber ran towards the kitchen. Alex and Shinhye laughed at her reaction and went back to the boxes full of white tulips.

“Okay what we are going to do with these is tie two flowers together and we’ll place them on the tables on the day.” Shinhye instructed while opening a box and showing Alex an example by taking two tulips and getting a black ribbon. She tied it round them and made a bow she showed her the result and asked her if she got it.

“Okay”

They sat on the floor cross legged doing their work. They already finished one box and were on to their second one. Shinhye and Alex haven’t said anything while they were doing this. Was it because they were concentrating too much or was it because they just couldn’t because of what has happened?

Shinhye put the flowers in another box after she was done tying them together and looked over at Alex. Alex didn’t notice that she was looking at her as she was too busy tying up the ribbon around the two flowers.

“So have you heard of Sunggyu yet?”

Alex stopped with what she was doing and looked up at Shinhye who had asked her that question.

She shook her head “no I haven’t”

“What happened anyways?” Shinhye asked. Actually Shinhye knows the reason why Sunggyu must have left, it was kind of obvious to figure it out but Shinhye wanted to see if Alex would tell her the truth.

“I did something bad.”

“What was it?”

“I think you already know” Shinhye was caught off guard, was she really that obvious that day?

“I’m really sorry Shinhye” Alex said “Because of me things aren’t going well with you and Woohyun. If I didn’t show up then things wouldn’t turn out like this. You would get married without thinking if he really wants to do it”

Shinhye didn’t say anything and just listened to what she was saying. The silence made Alex continue with what she was saying “I don’t even understand why you’re being nice to me sometimes.  I don’t even understand why you still want me as your bridesmaid when I don’t even deserve that spot. You should be hating me right now instead of acting like you don’t know anything.”

“I do not hate you because it’s not actually your fault” Shinhye said.

“What?” Alex was really confused at why she thinks it wasn’t her fault. Of course it’s her fault. She was the one who decided to come back and be with Woohyun but realize he was getting married. She was the one who decided to be with Woohyun that time after the ski trip and she didn’t even stop him from kissing her. This was all her fault and Alex can’t stop thinking that it’s actually all her fault.

“I mean come on if I was in your place I think I would do the same thing. Woohyun is your first love and probably your first kiss as well. If I was in your place I think I would try and get him back as well but we need to slowly realize that things are meant to be this way. For example you met Sunggyu and your happy with him right?” Alex nodded, she was happy with Sunggyu probably even happier then she was when she was with Woohyun.

“Exactly, so stop thinking it’s your fault when it’s not okay”

 

Amber’s POV

I have never eaten that much in my life! Everything was just delicious that I kept asking for more, Shinhye is going to love the menu. I walked out the kitchen and saw Alex and Shinhye standing near a pile of white tulips that they must have tied together.

I was about to call for them when I saw Shinhye slap Alex on the cheek. I gasped and ran towards them, I stood in front of Alex and had my arms spread out so Shinhye wouldn’t be able to attack her again.

“Ya! What the heck are you doing?! I know she did wrong but it doesn’t mean you should resolve it by hitting someone!” I really didn’t think Shinhye would do something like this, that’s not her.

“Amber—“

“Shh Alex don’t worry I'll sort this out” I told her. Poor girl she must be scared doesn’t know what to do. I felt Alex putting my arms down and pushing me to the side.

“Amber calm down I told her to do that” she told me. Okay what? Why would she ask Shinhye to slap her?!

“Alex wouldn’t stop annoying me until I hit her, she felt like she deserved it. Amber I’m so disappointed at you! Do you actually think I would hit her?!” Shinhye asked, with that Shinhye picked up the tied flowers that was in two boxes and walked away.

“I-I don’t understand” Alex pat my back “Don’t worry and just help put things in place” she said and followed Shinhye.

What the heck?!