Chapter 13

A Long Wait

 

30 Days

Amber’s POV

It’s been 3 weeks now. 30 days till the wedding.

Shinhye has been busy arranging the wedding to even realize what’s going on between Woohyun and Alex.

Yes I know. I knew awhile ago but never thought of telling Alex to stop what she’s doing. I know she doesn’t want to hurt anyone but right now all she can think about is Woohyun. She needs to snap out of it before she gets hurt.

I have a plan to stop this whole relationship thing between them but I need help.

“Where is he?” I asked myself looking at my watch. I’ve been sitting here at a café for 5 minutes now, he should be here already. Right on cue Sunggyu walked in the café. He saw me and walked towards me sitting on the seat opposite mine.

“Hey Amber, what do you want to talk about?” he asked. Huh he likes to go straight to the point doesn’t he?

“Oh nothing just a bit worried about Alex” I said. He had a concern look on his face and asked me why I was worried.

“Well she has working late lately and hardly spends time with me or you I presume?” I said. Sunggyu eyes had guilt written all over it.

I raised my eyebrows.

“Sunggyu it’s not your fault”

“Yeah but I didn’t notice that” he said. Does he like her?

“Sunggyu do you like Alex?” I asked. Sorry but I’m not in the mood to ask him questions to figure out if he does like her. Asking him straight away can make my life easier.

Sunggyu started laughing awkwardly “why would you think that?” he said.

“I guess I take that as a yes” I said with a straight face. He signed and looked at me.

“Was I that obvious?” he asked. I just laughed.

“You just show your feelings to easily, if that makes sense” I said, saying the last bit mostly to myself.

Sunggyu chuckled “Too bad she doesn’t seem to notice that” he said.

 “Yeah, Alex is very oblivious over this kind of stuff”

Hmmm I wonder…..

“Why don’t you ask her out?” I asked. The guy has been with Alex when she studied in Seattle and gave her a home when she decided to come and live in Seoul. He never even thought of trying to make a move?!

“I wish it was that easy” he paused. “But she has someone else in her mind right now” he said looking outside the widow watching people walking in the busy street. I looked at him; I can tell he was thinking about something.

“I’m guessing you know about the past relationship between Alex and Woohyun” I stated.

He nodded.

It doesn’t seem like he knows about the other thing. And I think it’s best for him not to know, I don’t want to add more drama to Alex’s life. Okay now that I got this all sorted I need this plan to work.

I picked up my back bag and looked through it searching for the object I was looking for. I could feel Sunggyu’s eyes on me, I looked up.

“What?”

“What are you doing?” he asked.

I just put up a finger to signal him to wait.

Geez so nosy

When I felt the object I took it out.

“A DVD?” he asked.

“I was supposed to watch this with Alex but can’t as I have plans” I said. Sunggyu just nodded. Great now I need to go in more details.

“Watch this with her for me and tell her I’m sorry for not being able to come today” I said handing him the DVD. He took hold of it and read the title out loud.

“Lifeless? What is this? A chick flick?” he asked. I nodded.

He looked at me weirdly “is Alex even into those things”

Wow this guy knows her pretty well. That means more explaining.

“No but still watch it with her and if she refuses tell her I won’t talk to her for a month if she doesn’t” I said. Alex can’t last a day without talking to me.

Sunggyu chuckled “Sure” he said.

I smiled and told him I had to go. When I left the café I was thinking if my plan would work.

That movie has a strong message in it and Alex will defiantly understand why I’m making her watch this. And Sunggyu….it’s not like I’m using him as a rebound for Alex I actually think they can be cute couple. I just hope she watches it and gets her sense back.

 

Alex’s POV

I arrived home and could smell popcorn. I took of my shoes and walked in the living room.

There were lots of cushions and a blanket on the couch. On the table there was different kind of sweets as well.

What’s going on?

I looked up and saw Sunggyu walking in the living room with a bowl of popcorn in his hand.

“Oh your back” he said I nodded and then pointed at the table.

“What’s up with the mess?” I asked. He chuckled and put the bowl on the table.

“Amber felt bad about ditching you so she asked me to accompany you with the movie she wanted to watch with you” he said. Couldn’t we just watch it together another time Amber?

“What are we watching?” I asked walking towards him. He grabbed the DVD from the couch. I looked over his shoulder and read the title.

“Is this a chick flick?!”

Sunggyu nodded “Eww lets watch something else” I said walking towards the DVD rack.

“Nope can’t. Amber said if you don’t watch this she won’t talk to you for a month….I think she said a month” he said mumbling the last bit.

AISH! That girl

“Fine I’ll go and change into something comfy” I said.

I put on my baggy jumper and my sleeping shorts.

I walked back in the living room and saw Sunggyu drinking his coke. With the bottle still in his mouth he looked at me and started choking on his drink. I rushed towards him and tapped his back hoping to stop the choking.

“What’s up with you?” I asked. He just shook his head and told me he was fine. I shrugged it off and sat next to him.

I looked over at Sunggyu and noticed he was being stiff. What’s up with him?

“Oppa aren’t you going to put in the DVD?” I asked.

“Huh? Oh right” he put the CD in the DVD player and pressed play. While we were watching the trailers Sunggyu put the blanket on my legs.

“I’m not cold” I said

“Just put it on you just in case” he said without looking at me.

Half way in the movie I realised why Amber wanted to watch this movie.

“I can’t believe she’s letting him do that to her even though he’s with someone” I heard Sunggyu mumble.

“But they love each other” I said “I mean “I mean they were together before right?”

“Alex come on look at this” he said pointing at the TV. “How can you say this is fine? He’s still with someone else and the girl knows this, which makes her the bad person” he said looking back at the TV screen.

“I'm the bad person?” I mumbled to myself.

 

Sunggyu’s POV

I heard Alex say something but didn’t hear her.

“Did you say—“I looked over at her and saw a tear slip out of her eyes

“A-Alex are you okay?” without answering me she got up and walked towards the kitchen. Forgetting about the movie I followed her. She was pacing around the kitchen.

“Alex what’s wrong?” I asked again holding her shoulder making her look at me. She pushed me away and headed for the door. Before she could leave I grabbed her arm.

“Let me go, I need to end this”

“End what?”

I was getting frustrated. She wasn’t even telling me what was wrong with her.

“Sunggyu just let me go, I need to go” she said as she started to cry. Seeing her like this hurts me and I don’t even understand what’s going on. How can I even comfort her if she won’t tell me?

I pulled her closer and hugged her.

“Let me go” she said still crying.

“Whatever you want to do you can do it tomorrow” I said.

“Only if you knew” she whispered.

“Then tell me”

“You’ll hate me if I told you” she said. Is she being serious? How could I hate her?

I pulled her away and looked at her. “Alex I wouldn’t hate you” I whispered.

I whipped away the fallen tears and smiled at her.

“Come on lets go to sleep okay”

She just nodded and followed me.

I really wonder what made her act like this. Is it that bad that she thinks I would hate her? Let’s just hope everything is back to normal by tomorrow. 

________________________________________________________________________

 

I hope you liked this chapter again sorry if there were any mistakes. I wasn’t bothered to look over it xD

I don’t have much to say here lool

Just want to thank my subers for commenting~!!!!

I really love reading them and hope to hear more =D