Chapter 31

A Long Wait

The party gave a lovely atmosphere towards the guest who didn’t feel the tension between Sunggyu and Alex. Everyone was sitting down and watching the soon to be married couples dance with each other. Alex was obviously feeling uncomfortable and no it’s not because of Woohyun and Shinhye but because of Sunggyu.

She could even bring her eyes up to talk to Dongwoo as he’s sitting next to him. Amber seemed to notice and tried to distract her.

Meanwhile with Shinhye and Woohyun they were both a bit distracted. Even though it was their day they didn’t like what was going on between Alex and Sunggyu. Woohyun was even regretting hurting his friend like that and sighed. “What’s wrong?” Shinhye asked.

“Hmm?”

“Don’t worry” she said and looked over at a table. “We need them to talk and sort things out” Shinhye said all of a sudden. She really wanted Sunggyu and Alex to at least talk it out with each other. If Alex gets to explain Sunggyu might change his mind about her.

Woohyun agreed and though of how to get them to talk to each other but Shinhye was already ahead of him. When she saw some of the guest and families joining in she decided to get the others involved as well. She let go of Woohyun and walk towards Alex’s table and grabbed her hands. “Are you guys not going to join?” she asked and quickly grabbed Sunggyu’s hand. Before he could reject Shinhye got him up and walked towards while holding their hands.

“Want to dance?”

Amber turned her head towards Myungsoo and shrugged but still got up. One by one everyone walked towards the dance floor with a partner.

“You guys need to talk.” Shinhye said when she let them go when they were standing in the middle of the dance floor. Shinhye continued when Sunggyu rolled his eyes “And if you don’t want to talk just dance. If not I will make a scene” with that Shinhye turned around and walked away leaving Alex and Sunggyu standing there awkwardly. Other people were dancing around them which made it even weirder. Alex scratched her head awkwardly not knowing what to do. Should she talk to him? Or do something else? She was completely lost right now.

Sunggyu sighed and grabbed her hand which brought Alex away from her thoughts. He put her right hand on top of his shoulder and grabbed hold of her left while he held her waist with his right.

“Umm” Alex was trying to think of something to say but that was what came out first. She felt like an idiot while Sunggyu seemed to be calm. But of course he wasn’t, he was actually nervous. He hated but also loved how his heart fluttered when he held her hand.

After some while Alex was ready to talk “I’m sorry” she said with her head down, to afraid to look in his eyes. Sunggyu didn’t say anything so she decided to continue “What I did was wrong and I know that. That’s why I ended it straight away. Yes I wanted to be with him but that was then...before you and me. Before you told me you liked me” Alex was careful when she was talking. She didn’t want Sunggyu to get mad and no one to know who they were talking about.

“To tell you the truth, I wish I knew about your feelings ages ago. If I did I don’t think I would be in such a situation.”

“Explain those pictures to me. Why did that happen?” he finally asked. Alex was a bit startled because of his voice. She didn’t notice how close they were.

“Are they talking?” Shinhye asked while standing next to Woohyun. They were both watching Sunggyu and Alex wondering if things were okay. Woohyun shrugged “Alex is.”

Shinhye sighed hoping they will make up soon.

Alex thought for awhile “Umm...he tried to convince me to stop all this and be with him” she said.

“Did you?”

“No.”

“Why?”

Alex looked up at him finally “Because I was with you Sunggyu. And I still want to be with you Sunggyu. That is why I didn’t stop this because I want to be with you” This hit Sunggyu really hard. Knowing that Woohyun and Alex had more history than him she still wants to be with Sunggyu.

Sunggyu let her go and took a step back. “Let me just think this through” with that Sunggyu walked away leaving Alex standing there. “Guess I have to wait now” she said to herself.

“Alex!”

She turned around and saw Shinhye walking towards her. “How did it go?” she asked. Alex told her what Sunggyu said to her. Shinhye sighed “I guess that is understandable.” While walking out of the crowed dance floor with Alex following her. “Why are you helping me so much like this?” Alex asked. She’s starting to feel even guiltier than before. Even if Shinhye knew she just could stop thinking why she would still be nice and help her things out with her and Sunggyu.

“You’re my friend Alex. I don’t care what you did...you’re still my friend.” Alex couldn’t hold it in anymore and hugged Shinhye. She tried her best not to cry but failed to keep it in. “Thank you” Alex said through her sobs. Shinhye only smiled and pat her back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if this is short but there is a reason behind it keke