Chapter 23

A Long Wait

 

10 Days

It was the day of the talent show and everyone was getting ready. I saw Jieun with a worried expression and walked towards her.

“You okay? You look nervous” I said.

“Alex-shi I don’t think I can do this”

“Wae? You can’t back out from it now?” I said. Jieun started playing with her dress and looked down “but what if they don’t like my song?” she asked. The song she’s singing is her own song?

“It’s your song?” she nodded.

“I don’t see why people won’t like it. If you have the confidence then everything will turn out right” I said. Jieun suddenly snapped her fingers “I’m changing my song!” she said.

“Bwo?” why all of a sudden?

“Instead of someday it’s cruel fairytale okay?”I just nodded my head and watched her walk away. What just happened?

“Alex-shi one of the light bulb burst” one of my student told me. Aish why are things not going my way today? I told her that I would sort it and went to get a new light bulb.

While walking towards the storage room I recieved a text from Amber telling me she was here. I texted her back telling me to meet me there. I opend the door and started searched for a light bulb, I saw them but realized I wouldnt be able to reach it.

“Why do they always but the smallest neediest thing on the top shelf?” I asked myself. I stood on my tip toes trying to to grab it but my finger tips kept pushing it away. “Aish!”

I started to jump but stopped when I saw a hand reaching out and grabing a hold of the light bulb. I slowly looked behind me and saw Woohyun. He didnt pay attention to me and brought the light bulb down placing it on my hand.

He was still standing behind me. I could feel his breath on my cheek, why am I not moving? I seriously need to stop being so weak around him. I was about to move away but he held my waist.

“Woohyu—“

“Just for a bit” he said, hugging me tighter. No, I can’t let him get to me again. I pushed his arms off me and walked out the storage room. He followed behind and grabed my arm making me look at him.

“Woohyun let go.” I said.

“I’m going to cancel the wedding” he said starring me straight in the eyes. Was he being seriouse? How can he act so selfish? What about Shinhye, he can’t just leave her like that!

“No your not”

Me and Woohyun looked up to see Amber standing there down the hall. Woohyun let go of me when she walked towards us. Amber stood infront of Woohyun with no facial expression at all. Amber is very scary when she acts like that.

“You can’t back down from the wedding, its too late. And if you did don’t you think your mother would do something to Alex again?” Amber said.

“Just don’t do anything stupid at break my cousins heart okay?” she looked at me and I flinched by the look she gave me. She had dissapiontment written all over her face.

She took my hand and dragged me away from Woohyun.

“Amber?” she stoped infront of the theather front door and looked at me.

“I’m sorry” I said looking down at my feet. I didnt have the courage to look her in the eyes.

She sighed “You know I can’t get mad at you. But I am dissapionted in you Alex” she said. I nodded my head agreeing with her. I’m dissapionted with myself as well, being so weak around Woohyun.

“lets just hope he doesnt bother you anymore, come on lets go. People are already lining up to get their seats” Amber said and walked inside the theater.

When everyone handed their tickets and found a their seats the talent show begun.

I walked up the stage and held the micophone infront of my lips. “Thank you everyone for coming. Please enjoy the show. First act up is Uibong who will be dancing to Bad Boy by Rain.” I walked backstage and told Uibong to get ready on stage. When she song started playing he started dancing the chorography.

 

Sunggyu’s POV

I was at home finishing of the last piece of work I had to do before heading off to see the talent show Alex invited me to. I was already late so I decided to pack things up now and go there now.

Right when I grabbed my jacket someone knocked on my door. I looked over at the watch and sighed, I didn’t want to get there and realise that the show was over.

I opened the door and saw my dad.

“Abeoji” my father walked in the house and turned to look at me. I noticed that he wasn’t in a good mood by his angered face so I asked him what was wrong.

“Do you know about the past relationship Woohyun and Alex-shi had?” he asked. How did he find out about that? Actually I think I already know the answer to that. I nodded answering his answer.

“Then do you know about this” he threw an envelope on the floor and rubbed his temples. I picked the envelope up and opened it to see what was inside of it that caused him to act like this.

What is this?!

“By the looks of it you didn’t know about this as well?” he scoffed. I don’t understand. How—When did this happen? This isn’t real. Me still being in shock my father continued talking “And here I thought she was a nice girl”

I put on my jacket and ran outside the house. I could hear my father calling me but I ignored it and got inside my car, starting the engine.

 

Alex’s POV

Wae ireoni wae ireoni jeongmal wae wae wae ireoni
Eoddeohge dapdaphae geuman naege nage waeirae


Wow I was really amazed at Jiyeon’s performance. I didn’t know she had that side of her. And I can’t forget to mention how awesome her friend’s vocal cords are.

 

Knock Knock Knock Knock. Can you hear me now
Knock Knock Knock Knock. Just wanna love you now
Welcome to your wonderland
Everyday I Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock
Knock Knock Knock Knock

 

They sang the last line and everyone clapped their hands. When the girls got came backstage I walked out again to announce the next act which was Jieun.

She stood on the centre of the stage. The music played and she was waiting for her line to sing.

“I guess she’s not playing her guitar anymore” I mumbled.

I bam jinago namyeoneun
Nal kkaeul geudae oltejyo
Han bangul sshik heullyeo noheun
Nunmul jeuryeo balbeumyeo

While I was watching Jieun I got distracted by the loud noises behind me. I went to go see what was going on and tell the students to be quite but saw them trying to push someone out the door.

“Alex-shi this guy isn’t allowed to me here but he won’t listen to us” one of them said. I looked over at the person and noticed it was Sunggyu. I told them to let him in because I knew him.


Nan sumeul swijyo (You will never know)
Nan sara isseoyo (Everyone fails to love)

Geu sashil maneun na mideodo dweneun geogetjyo

“Sunggyu what’s wrong? Why are you here instead of watching the show” I asked smiling at him but my smile soon faded away when I saw his face properly.

“Wae?”

“Were you going to tell me?” he asked. What was he talking about? Before I could ask him that he continued speaking. “How long were you going to keep this away from me? How long was it?” Sunggyu kept asking me questions when I had no idea what he was talking about.

“Sunggyu what are you talking about?” I asked. Instead of answering me he gave me an envelope. I looked at him then back at it. I opened it and took out whatever was in there.

It was a picture. Of me and Woohyun at the ski trip and the day he brought me to the place we had our first date.

“I thought you were over him” I barely heard that because I was still in shock. I didn’t want him to know about this like that. I wanted to tell him so he could trust me.

“I am—“

“Then how did this happen? How can this happen?”

“I—I was going to tell you, but you just came back a-and it didn’t feel right” I said. I wasn’t able to look him in the eye. I didn’t want to see the amount of pain I’m causing him to have.

“The day we watched the movie Amber gave us. Was the reason why you cried because of him? Because of that?” he said pointing at the pictures I was holding. I nodded, “You were scared because I would hate you for this right?” he asked and again I nodded scared to speak.

“I guess you know me to well” Sunggyu mumbled. I looked up at him in shock, did I hear him right?

Sunggyu snatched the pictures off me and walked away. I ran after him and wrapped my arms round his waist, pressing my face on his back.

“Please don’t go. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it”

“Even if you didn’t you still have feelings for him. Properly more than you have for me”

“Ani! I like you and only you” I said not wanting to let go of him. I want him to know that I only want him, not Woohyun. I let him go just to have Sunggyu and I don’t want this to split us apart.

Nothing lasts forever
Nothing really matters

Nothing lasts forever
Nothing really matters

I felt Sunggyu’s hand on mine pulling me off him.

“I’m going to China for a few days for work” with that Sunggyu walked out the theatre.

I just stood there looking at the empty hallway. How did this happen? He wasn’t supposed to know about it like that. I was going to tell him today but instead this happened.

“Alex-shi Jieun is done” one of my students said. I held my tears and walked out the stage and put on a fake smile in front of everyone.

“Thank you all for coming, I hope you had a fun night watching our students hidden talent” I did a 90 degree bow and saw a tear slip. Before anyone could notice I walked off the stage.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Finally got this out!! Because of the whole AFF malfunction I just had this saved on my computer.

Now I finally got it out~!

Anyways please tell me what you think!