Chapter 4

A Long Wait

*NOTE - this will be usefull for you later

Brain

Heart

 

 

It’s been a week now and I guess things have gone okay. At work I’ve been avoiding Woohyun at all cost. And at the times when I do see him; we don’t talk or make any eye contact.

It was lunch so I headed towards the staff room. I smiled to other teachers there as a hi. I got used to them all, they are nice people but I wouldnt consider them as friends or anything just colleagues. I went over to the coffee maker and made myself some coffee.

“Alex-shi” I saw Shinhye walking towards me with a smile on her face.

“Oh annyeonghaseyo” I said bowing. She waved her hands looking panicky “Aniya, you don’t need to do that” she said.

“I want you to be comfortable with me” she said smiling. I just nodded and went back to preparing myself some coffee.  It’s not like I’m trying to ignore her and hate her because of Woohyun. Actually I like her she seems cool. But she’s a bit too happy it’s kind of annoying. “So how has things been so far?” she asked starting a conversation.

“Okay. The students listen well and the staffs are really nice” I said. She stood next to me making herself coffee as well.

“Alex I have a favour to ask you actually” she said. So this is the reason why she’s talking to me? Hmm should expected something like this. I looked at her signalling her to go ahead.

“Would you mind replacing me for this after school club thing” she asked with pleading eyes. I took a sip of my coffee and looked at her. I don’t know if I should stay late at work just for her. Even if she’s like a semi-boss, but her looking at me like that made me give in.

“Sure. What is it?” I asked

“Chinja?!” she asked shocked. What did she think I was going to say no?  i dont look that mean do i? “It’s cooking club. Don’t worry the students there are mostly girls and as usual they listen very well” she said. I nodded, she gave me the class room number which I already knew but she doesn’t know that.

 

 

When school finished I packed my stuff and texted Sunggyu telling him that I’m staying late for work. I walked in the class room and saw Woohyun there.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. Seriously why do we always meet each other like this?

“Please don’t tell me Shinhye asked you to replace her” Woohyun asked looking annoyed as much as I was.

I shrugged and put my bag down “fine I won’t tell you” I said. I walked towards him and snatched the paper he was holding. It was the instruction and ingredients for the meal were making, which was bulgogi.

Before I could even read more of the instruction Woohyun snatched it back. “You don’t even cook” he said glaring at me.

“I can I just never cooked for you” I said taking the paper from him again.

“But when I asked you to cook for me last time you said you couldn’t?!” he took the paper back after finishing his sentence. I was too shocked by what he said. He looked at me “What?” he asked.

“I didn’t cook for you because at those times I was too lazy to get my hands dirty” I said replying to his previous question. He looked at me confusedly, it seems like he didn’t realize what he said. He was about to say something to me but stopped. Did he notice?

“I’m going, you do this thing on your own” before he could leave the students came in for the cooking club. My eyes widened from the amount of students that came in. And he expects me to do this on my own?! Pshh I don’t care if we just had an awkward moment he is staying whether he likes it or not.

“Woohyun you can’t leave me with them all” I said to him while waving to some of the students that I teach English. He looked over at the classroom and then me. With a sign he stood next to me and started the class.

“Hello everyone welcome to the cooking club. Today we will be making bulgogi” he said starting the lesson.

I was watching him the whole time thinking about what happened just a minute ago. I tried to push it away but my heart keeps telling me that he still has feeling for me and is just putting up an act with his bad attitude to push me away. While my brain is telling me to dream on because he’s getting married and that he’s defiantly over me.

I looked at him again, watching him help a student.

Don’t even think about him like that.

Have you not notice that I still do think about him that way?

Well stop. How can you move on from him if you’re acting this way?

She is acting this way because she knows that not the real Woohyun.

If Alex believes this then she will get hurt even more.

“Miss! I think I burned something!” someone shouted pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked over at the student who shouted and walked towards her. “You think?” I asked chuckling. I fixed her food and gave her and her partner extra help. While doing so I could feel someone looking at me but I was too scared to even look. Because for some reason I think that person is Woohyun.

Class finished and the people who left with smiles obviously did a good job with what they cooked. While the others just put their food in the bin. I took out my bulgogi that I cooked awhile ago that I was planning on giving to Sunggyu.

“What are you doing with that?” Woohyun asked when he saw the plastic bag that I was holding.

“Bringing it home for Sunggyu” I said walking towards my bag.

“You’re going to feed him poison?!” he said pointing at me. I raised my eyebrows at him. Is he serious? do I need to prove it to him that I can cook? I walked towards him and took out the container and opened the lid.

“Taste.” I pushed the food towards him. I saw him hesitate a bit but still grabbed a chopstick. He grabbed a piece of meat and then looked at me.

“If I die people will be searching for you first” he said before putting the food in his mouth. He took some few bites before his eyes popped open.

“Ya! Since when can you cook like this?!” he asked taking another piece while I was trying to put the container back in the plastic bag. I smiled to myself.

So he likes the food.

“Why are you putting it away? I want more” he said reaching for the food I was holding. I put it behind him and looked at him weirdly. “It’s not for you Woohyun” I said.

He ignored me and tried to reach for it again but I kept pulling it away. Next thing I know he put his right arm around my waist and used his left hand to reach for the food. I looked up to him and froze. His face was just an inch away from mine. He looked at me and noticed the little amount of space we had between us.

This is to dangerous Alex! Push him away.

I ignored my brain and stared at Woohyun’s eyes. I noticed how his eyes moved from my eyes to my lips.

Alex! Push him away!

Woohyun moved in closer. Before his lips could meet mine a phone rang. Woohyun moved away looking shocked. He pushed me away from him and walked towards the ringing phone.

“Shinhye”

My heart dropped when he said her name.

I did tell you.

I wished I listen. Regretting what was about to happened.

“I’ll be round in a minute. I just have to pack some things up” he said looking at me when he said the last bit. He hanged up and put his phone in his pocket.

“Woohyun I—“

Woohyun just ignored me and walked past me and walked out of the class room. What just happened?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this is okay~

Oh and i hope you understand the whole hear VS brain thing 

anyways Thanks for the comment keep them coming!

it makes Woohyun do his aegyo