Chapter 24

A Long Wait

 

 “Ah I didn’t know our school had so much talented people” Shinhye said. She and Amber were waiting outside with all the parents who came to the show for their kids. Amber did not pay attention to what her cousin was saying because she was worried about Alex.

She noticed something weird on her. She looked really upset but she doesn’t know why because she was fine a minute ago.

“Hey Shinhye I’ll be right back” Amber said while walking to a door that leads her backstage where Alex might be.

“Oh unnie!” Amber turned around and saw Jieun running towards her. Amber waved at her.

“Unnie what did you think of my performance?” Jieun asked.

“The best! I didn’t know you had that in you” Amber said while pushing her playfully.

“Ahh thank you”

“Oh Jieun-ah do you know where Alex is?” I asked. Jieun shook her head.

“Ani, when she left the stage I saw her walk towards where the classrooms were. But I don’t know if she actually is there” she said. Amber nodded and thanked her before running towards the inside of the school. Amber went inside Alex’s classroom knowing she was there and she was right.

Alex was sitting on her desk just looking at nothing. Amber walked towards her and sat next to her not saying a word. After a few minutes of silence Alex spoke.

“Sunggyu knows” she whispered. Amber looked at her still not saying anything.

“I was going to tell him today and tell him I want him not Woohyun.” Alex paused trying to keep herself from bursting out in tears. “But instead someone decided to take a picture of me and Woohyun and gave them to Sunggyu. And now he wants nothing to do with me.”

“Sunggyu will soon talk to you Alex, trust me” Amber said trying to comfort her friend. Alex shook her head “I can’t do this anymore. I might as well just go back.” She said.

“Ani, after the wedding then you can go” Amber said. Alex looked over at her wondering why she would want her to stay.

“Didn’t I tell you? No matter how much you run away from your problems they always seem to come back” Amber said. “Alex if you leave now, the past is going to haunt you forever. You don’t want that do you?”

Alex shook her head.

“Exactly, so stay until the wedding. You can stay with me if you want” Amber offered.

“What about Shinhye? Aren’t you staying in her house?”

“Ani, she just likes coming round.” Amber said.

“But—“Amber got up and grabbed Alex’s hand dragging her outside.

“You’re staying whether you like it or not”

Alex couldn’t stop her. She knew she could change Ambers mind when she says her final words.

 

9 Days

 I opened the door to Sunggyu’s house and walked in with Amber. I wasn’t able to call this house my home now because of the way I betrayed him.

Me and Amber came to get the rest of my stuff.

“Hmm? What’s in this box?” Amber asked. I came out of the closet and saw her holding the box. I thought I threw that away.

“Nothing. You can throw it away” Amber scoffed “Obviously it’s something” with that she opened the box.

“This is—“

“I know, I know just throw it away already”

“But why? There’s nothing wrong for keeping some memories right?”

“Amber seriously—“

Ding Dong

I looked over at Amber and she just shrugged. I wonder who that is.

I walked out the room and towards the front door and opened it.

“Aish what now?” I’m now used with him popping out of nowhere now. He raised his eyebrows and walked inside.

“Where’s Sunggyu?” Woohyun asked. Amber soon walked out the room which my suitcase, Woohyun pointed at it and asked why I was packing my stuff.

“She’s moving out” Amber said

“Wae?”

“Sunggyu is in china for a few days” I told him, ignoring his question. “Why are you packing up your stuff” he asked again.

“Sunggyu knows about you and Alex you idiot” Amber said. I could tell she was getting annoyed so I told her to calm down.

“Why should I calm down? So you know how long it took for me to get you guys together. Why can’t you just stand still and be happy with Shinhye huh?” I looked at Amber in shock, she normally doesn’t snap like that. When something is wrong she would act cool and take care of calmly.

“Why would Sunggyu leave you when know if he already knew?” Woohyun asked.

“He somehow saw us kiss on that day” I didn’t tell him how exactly Sunggyu found out because I don’t want him to lash out at his mother. Yes I knew it was his mother, I mean who else would have done it. Without saying anything Woohyun ran out the house.

“He better not come back” Amber mumbled.

“Come on lets go”

 

Shinhye’s POV

I was at the venue where the wedding was going to be held. I was instructing the workers what they should do and what to bring. It was really stressful doing this on my own but I wanted everything to be perfect.

“Miss here are the white roses you wanted” one of the workers asked.

“Omo! I think you made a mistake, I wanted white tulips not roses”

“Oh mianhe we will fix this” with that she left the place and started scowling at her co-workers.

I sighed and sat on a chair. My legs have been killing me because I’ve been standing for the whole day today. I felt a vibration in my jeans pocket and took my phone out. I looked at and received a message from an unknown number; I opened it and saw something I didn’t want to see.

It wasn’t a normal message but a message with a picture attached. A picture of Woohyun and Shinhye together.

“What is this?”

 

8 Days

Woohyun took out a small suitcase and put some of his clothes in it. When he was done he ran out his room and walked towards the front door. When he opened the door he came face to face with Shinhye who was about to ring his door bell.

She looked down at his suitcase and then back at him.

“Are you going somewhere?” she asked.

He nodded “I need to go to China really quickly and get Sunggyu back” he said.

“What about the school?”

“You can take care of it while I’m gone right?”

“Oh…Yeah I can. Umm before you go can I just talk to you for a bit” Shinhye asked. Woohyun opened the door wider for her to come inside feeling stupid for letting her stand outside his house. Shinhye decided to go straight to the point “Did you kiss Alex a few days ago?” she asked.

“B-Bwo?” Woohyun was taken aback; he didn’t think that she would find out about it. He didn’t even want her to know because he doesn’t want to hurt her feelings.

“I guess you did.”

“Shinhye I—“

“I’m not going to cancel the wedding if that’s what you think.” Shinhye scoffed realizing what she said; she was thinking how ridicules that sounds. Any other person would tell her to stop the wedding and leave Woohyun but she couldn’t.

“I will make you love me slowly Woohyun. I thought you were close to feeling the same way as me but Alex decided to show up and change your heart all over again. But after we get married I hope you will only look at me like you promised.”

“Shinhye I….I don’t…I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to hurt you” that’s all Woohyun do, apologize.

She nodded and looked up at him “You might miss your flight so you better get going now” she smiled at him and walked out his house.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

OMG this story is nearly finishing~!!

Waah so what do you think? I wonder what will happen when Woohyun and Sunggyu meets…..

Please comment and tell me what you think~ =]