Chapter 18

A Long Wait

 

25 Days

“Talent show?” asked one of my students. I nodded and showed them the poster I made. All of the students gathered around and looked at the poster.

“I thought that having a talent show will get everyone in the school to participate. So what do you guys think?” I asked.

“The poster looks weird.” One of them said. I put it down and looked at them “Ya! It’s not about the poster okay; you can make a new one if you want. But guys do you want to do the talent show or not?”

They looked at me and then at each other.

“Fine we’ll do it”

“Good. Now sign you name here if you want to be in the talent show and the rest who doesn’t want to do it will help me out with organizing the thing” with that half the class came to sign their name. I looked at Jiyeon and saw her jumping around.

What’s up with her now?

The bell rang and everyone left the room except Jieun who was sitting at her seat looking down. I walked up to her and asked her if she was okay.

“Hmm Alex-shi can I ask you something?” she asked. I sat on the seat in front of her table and told her to continue.

“I want to do the talent show but I don’t know who I should do it with” she said while fidgeting with her fingers.

“Then do it with Jiyeon” I said. She shook her head.

“Wae?”

“She’s doing it with her unnies” she said.

“What is it that you wanted to do?” I asked.

“Sing”

I raised my eyebrows. I didn’t know Jieun can sing? I actually though she was going to do a dance routine like the other girls.

“Then do it yourself” I said. She raised her head and finally looked at me.

“M-myself?”

I nodded. “Why not? I mean no one said that you have to sing with someone. And plus look at the bright side of it. You can pick whatever you want without someone’s opinion right?”

Jieun was thinking about it a bit.

“Okay I’ll do it!” she said standing up and holding her fist up. I chuckled and watched her gather her stuff. Before leaving the room she called my name. I turned around and looked at her.

“Thank you for the advice Alex-shi” she turned around and bumped into someone.

“Oh mianhae” she bowed and left.

I looked up and noticed it was Sunggyu.

Oh no. I’ve been avoiding Sunggyu. Waking up really early so he wouldn’t have to drop me to work. And ignoring his text. Just that since what happened last night I didn’t know what to say. Telling you the truth I don’t even know how I feel towards Sunggyu yet. It’s just confusing.

“Can we talk?” he asked still standing near the door.

It’s now or never.

I nodded and he walked more in the class room.

“About what happened last night. I just want to say I’m sorry” he said.

“You’re sorry? So does that mean you regret it?” I asked. I don’t know why I felt like a weight just dropped on my heart. What if he does regret kissing me?

“Of course I don’t regret it” he said stepping closer to me.

 

Woohyun’s POV

I was walking back to my office after talking to a teacher about something. I passed Alex’s class room and halted. I took a few steps back. I looked inside and saw Alex and Sunggyu.

“You’re sorry? So does that mean you regret it?” Alex said.

“Of course I don’t regret it” Sunggyu said and walked closer to her. What’s going on? Regret what? I continued watching them and listened to their conversation.

“I kissed you because I like you Alex” Sunggyu said. I took a few steps back and nearly lost my balance. Sunggyu likes Alex? I looked back in the classroom and looked at Alex’s expression. She was obviously shocked.

Sunggyu held her shoulders and looked her in the eyes. When he did that I felt like running in there and punch his face. Friend or not don’t touch Alex like that.

“I know you might not like me back but can’t you give me chance?” Sunggyu pleaded.

“I mean I understand with the whole past relationship thing with Woohyun. But I’m not like him. I won’t push you away like he did. I promise I won’t just give me a chance at least” he said one last time.

I scoffed. He used me to make himself look better just then. I shook my head. Alex will say no, she’s still in love with me and that won’t change.

“Fine”

What?

“Seriously?” Sunggyu asked. Alex nodded and smiled at him.

Is she really doing this?! I fell on my knees and felt like the world was going to end. I don’t care if I’m over exaggerating. My heart might as well stop beating because each beat seems to hurt me. I can’t believe she would do this to me. I wiped away the fallen tears and got up.

This isn’t over.

_______________________________________________________________

I'm so so so sorry that this chapter is short.

my goal for each chapter is to always write over 1000 words but today i only got 890...i think that was it.

but yeah anyways i dont know when i will update because i have exams coming up.

so please wait for me =D