Chapter 28

A Long Wait

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu got inside the plane that they were taking back home, they sat down without saying a word. Realising that it was getting awkward Woohyun decided to say something instead of staying in this awkward atmosphere for 8 hours. “So have you written a speech yet?” he asked.

“Out of all things say, that was it?” Sunggyu asked.

“Well do you have anything better to say then?” Woohyun challenged. “Are you really letting go of Alex?” he asked. There was a long pause until Woohyun finally answered “She seems more happy with you then she was with me so I should.” He said. Sunggyu sighed as it didn’t really answer his question “but what about you though? Are you willing to let her go?” he asked again.

Woohyun looked at him “Truthfully no I don’t want to but what else can I do?” he asked. “I mean I can’t end the wedding, ignore yours and shinhye’s feelings just to be with Alex. I’m not the same selfish brat that I was before” Woohyun said. Sunggyu started at him not knowing what to say. Seeing Woohyun act this way did prove that he has matured and isn’t being selfish, he was actually proud of him. Woohyun felt uncomfortable with the stare he was giving him and faked a yawned and stretched his arms “I’m getting tired. Wake me up when we land” he said before laying his head on the window and closing his eyes.

Sunggyu chuckled and just shook his head.

 

3 Days

Amber ran inside her house and headed upstairs and walked inside the room that Alex was staying in. Alex stopped marking the students work and looked up at Amber and wondered why she walked in like that.

“What’s up with you?” she asked. Amber breathed in and out to even out her breath and finally spoke “Sunggyu is back”

Alex blinked at her “what?” Amber nodded and sat on her bed “I was at Shinhye’s and she had a call from Woohyun saying he was back with Sunggyu. She’s going to see them now” she explained and sighed. She fell back on the bed and looked at the ceiling “I’m surprised Woohyun was able to bring Sunggyu back. Wonder what he did?” Amber said mostly to herself.

“Does that mean he’s going to be at the wedding rehearsal tomorrow?” Alex finally spoke when she heard the news. She was kind of wondering how Woohyun was able to bring him back that easily as well. Amber looked over at her “Seems like it, he is the best man right? So he has to be there” she explained.

“How am I supposed to face him?” Alex asked.

“I don’t even know what to say to him, sorry? I feel like saying sorry would make things even worse…I just don’t know how I’m going to approach him.” Alex said. Amber finally sat up and looked at her best friend “Just stick with me. He’s probably not ready to talk to you so just give him time. In the mean time continue with what you are doing and get your mind of him. When you’re done we have to go to Shinhye’s so we can talk about the theme for the wedding rehearsal” she said while getting up.

“Why are we picking out the theme now when its tomorrow?” Alex asked.

“Beats me but you know how these people are they always seem to be ready at the last minute, I really don’t know.” With that she left the room leaving Alex on her own. Alex tried to get back on what she was doing but her mind kept wandering to Sunggyu. She really wasn’t ready to face him; she just didn’t want to see that look of betrayal from him again. She was even thinking on what might happen when she sees him. One of her scenarios was him ignoring her completely like she didn’t exist. Or him coming in the hall with a girl she’s never seen before.

Alex shook her head and told herself that Sunggyu wouldn’t be like that, that wasn’t him.

A few hours later Alex finished marking work when she finally got her mind off Sunggyu and headed downstairs. Amber was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Okay I’m done. Let’s go” she told her. Amber nodded and turned the TV off and followed Alex out after they wore their shoes. Shinhye apartment was just a five minute walk from here so they didn’t think there was a need to call a cab. Soon the two girls arrived and was standing in front of Shinhye’s door waiting for her to open the door for them.

“Good you guys are here, come in” Shinhye said when she opened the door for them. Amber and Alex walked in and made them self comfortable on the couch as Shinhye went to get them something to drink.

“Okay now what do you guys have in mind, any ideas for a theme?” she asked. Amber and Alex thought for awhile.

“Massacre?” Amber suggested. Shinhye shook her head which made amber frowned “Why not?” she asked. “Because I want everyone to be able to see each other’s face” Shinhye answered.

“Hmm how about a black and white party?” Alex also suggested. Shinhye thought about the idea and nodded “Not bad, how about we have the guest wearing black and me, Woohyun, family member, the bridesmaids and best man wear white” Shinhye added.

“I don’t want to wear white.” Amber stated.

“Why?” Alex asked.

“It gets dirty easily, let’s wear black instead” she suggested. Shinhye frowned “Why should the bride and groom wear black? Does that even make sense?” Shinhye asked. Before there could be a big argument  Alex decided to say something “How about the guest wear black, the bride and groom wear white and the family members, bridesmaids and best man’s wear whatever colour except black or white?” she suggested.

They both looked at each other then at Alex.

“That’s not a bad idea”

“Okay we can do that” Shinhye said. “I will tell everyone who’s invited and Woohyun and Sunggyu” she added. “How are you going to do this in such short notice” Amber asked her cousin. Shinhye smirked “Woohyun’s mum can do it for me. I’m finally using that woman” she said while typing something on her phone.

“Omo Park Shinhye can be bad?!” Amber gasped. Alex chuckled at Amber’s silly reaction and watched Shinhye throw a pillow at her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

HELLO~!

Hey guys just want to thank two people on this chapter pinnochi and danlyy!

Reason well because in nearly every single chapter these two people commented on my chapters and I just want to thank them! =D each comment pushes me to keep writing and get more ideas so again THANK YOU~!