Chapter 32

A Long Wait

 

After a while the party ended and everyone was heading home. Instead of going home Alex went to Amber’s with Shinhye. She wasn’t trying to avoid Sunggyu she was just lucky that she didn’t need to go back. As the wedding is tomorrow Shinhye wanted Amber and Alex to stay together with her till tomorrow.

The tree girls were in the living room and sitting on the couch wearing their pyjamas while watching a movie and eating ice cream. “Normally when I think of the night before the wedding I think of strippers, male strippers and alcohol…a lot of them”

“Well sorry Amber I just want us to relax” Shinhye said while laying her head on Alex’s shoulder.

“Hmm I guess this is better anyways” Alex said agreeing with Shinhye. Amber gasped and pointed her spoon at Alex “Since when did you take her side?!” she then pointed her spoon at Shinhye “what have you done to my friend”

“Just eat your ice cream” Shinhye said ignoring Amber. Amber just rolled her eyes but still did what her cousin told her to do. “You should eat something as well” Alex said.

“I don’t want to gain weight by eating junk food” Shinhye said while pointing at the ice cream that they were eating. “Well you still need to eat something. You didn’t even eat at the party” Alex tried to convince her. As a brides maid she needs to take care of the bride and plus she has no way of thanking Shinhye for what she has done for her.

Shinhye thought about it for awhile and sighed “Fine. Amber do you have any vegetable or something?” Shinhye asked.

“I got no such thing but I do have some fries I don’t think that’s fattening” Amber said while keeping her eyes on the movie. Alex was kind of surprised that she was interested in it. Not that Amber normally doesn’t like movies she just gets distracted easily to not watch it properly.

Shinhye just stared at her “I don’t even know why I bother asking. I’ll look for something myself”

Shinhye got up and walked towards the kitchen. “Can you get more ice cream while you’re at it?!” Amber shouted. “And some cookies!” Alex added.

Amber and Alex giggled when they heard Shinhye protest but knew she would bring them anyways.

“So how did it go with Sunggyu?” Amber asked.

“I guess alright. I told him everything” Amber nodded “What did he say?” Amber asked.

“He would think about it”

Amber rolled her eyes “What is there to think about. He already had time to think when he left. Plus didn’t you—Ya!” Shinhye dropped the tub of ice cream on Amber’s lap without any warning. Shinhye ignored Amber and sat down while giving Alex her cookies. “You shouldn’t blame Sunggyu; he didn’t hear the full story then. Anyways I think he will get back to you” Shinhye said with pure confidence.

“What makes you think that?” Alex asked.

“I don’t know” Shinhye said with a smile on her face, “You’re weird” Amber gave her a look.

“Say’s you!”

 

 

Wedding day.

“Where are my shoes?”

“I don’t know but when are the makeup stylists coming?”

“Ya! Amber hurry up”

“Don’t rush me!”

“Someone get the door!”

“Oh my gosh I swear my dress doesn’t fit me anymore!”

“How can you get fat by eating carrots?”

“The makeup stylists are here!”

The house was completely packed. Everyone was getting ready for the wedding that was going to begin in a few hours which is why they are all panicking and rushing. They had to be at the venue before everyone else to double check things.

Amber and Alex were done with hair and makeup but decided to wear their dress at the venue. Shinhye decided to do that as well but as the bride it takes longer for her to prepare herself. When everyone was done they all headed out and drove to the venue.

 

“Hyung do you know where my shoes are?”

“Ya Lee Sungjong move out the way!”

“Myungsoo please don’t wear your black shades to this”

“But I look good”

“NO!”

“Arraso!”

Shinhye and the others weren’t the only ones who were busy getting ready. Sunggyu was already done awhile ago and was just sitting watching everyone rush. His mind soon wandered somewhere else. He’s been thinking about what Dongwoo told him yesterday. It kind of hit him hard.

“What are you doing here?” Sunggyu asked when he walked inside of his kitchen to see Dongwoo.

“Couldn’t sleep, you?”

“Same” Sunggyu had a lot of things in his mind. Sunggyu sat down and Dongwoo followed. They were quiet for a bit until Dongwoo spoke “What’s going on between you and Alex?” he asked.

“Yeah about that, how do you know her?” Sunggyu asked trying to change the subject. He already knew how they knew each other just to try and distract him but he should know that Dongwoo is not that stupid.

“We met at school now spill. What’s going on between you guys?” he asked again.

Sunggyu sighed and told him everything, from the beginning to the end. “Wow that’s a lot to handle” Dongwoo said.

Sunggyu scoffed “You have no idea that is why I have no idea what to do”

Dongwoo looked at him confusingly “What do you mean you have no idea to do? Take her back1”

“What just like that?”

“Yes!”

“But didn’t I just tell you what she did?”

“Yes but I’ve know Alex for a long time and I know she didn’t mean to hurt anyone, you especially. Come on just think about it. Normal people would lie and say something stupid but she told you the truth, isn’t that enough?”

Sunggyu stayed quiet.

“Do you love her?”

“Love is a bit of a big word” this caused Dongwoo to laugh “Okay okay do you like her?” he asked again. Sunggyu nodded without thinking making Dongwoo smile. “Then don’t be those idiots who regret letting go arraso!”

Sunggyu smiled and nodded.

 

“Hyung! Come on we are going!” Sungjong shouted.

“Ah ne”