Chapter 29

A Long Wait

 

2 Days

“Time. Everyone please put down your pens and wait for me to collect you work before you talk to the person next to you” I told my students. I collected their essay and looked up at the clock realising the bell would ring in a few minute.

“Okay guys, I will mark these and give them to you on Monday. Now putting that aside I have something to tell you guys” I told them. They all looked at me showing that they were listening “We were able to raise enough money to go to Paju!” I told them. They all cheered and clapped their hands.

“Alex-shi so when are we planning on going?” Jieun asked.

“Hmm probably in next month or so, I still need to sort out the date” I told them. “Ah~ I can’t wait. One of my friends told me it’s the best way to learn English.....and there are cute foreigners” Jiyeon said making every girl in the class to squeal in excitement and the boys gagged.

“Alright alright, everyone calm down. And Jiyeon the lesson is for educational purpose only. Not a way for you to meet guys” I told her. The bell rang signalling the end of the day making everyone pack up their books. Jieun and Jiyeon walk towards my desk “Alex-shi I heard you were leaving” Jieun said.

“Oh where did you hear that from?” I asked. I was pretty sure I kept it a secret from them, I mean it’s not like I wasn’t coming back I just don’t know how long I will be staying with my dad. “Don’t worry about how we knew but is it true?” she asked.

“Yeah it’s true. I’ll be leaving right after the wedding” I told them.

“Unnie you can’t leave us! You’re like the best teacher ever! You can’t leave andwea!” Jiyeon shouted. I watched her in amusement “Ya did you just call me unnie?” I asked, Jiyeon shrugged “You’re leaving so that means you’re not my teacher anymore” she said and turned around making me face her back. Jieun laughed at her friend “Unnie make sure you take pictures of the wedding and sent it to us, arraso?” Jieun said before leaving the classroom while dragging Jiyeon with her.

“I will defiantly miss them” I told myself. I packed up my stuff and put them in my bag.

“You’re leaving?”

I froze in my position; I haven’t seen him this morning since I got in the school and I defiantly don’t know what to say to him right now. I turned around and looked at Woohyun; I nodded finally answering his question. “Wae?” he asked.

“Family reasons” I told him.

“Well you should have told me” he said.

“I told Shinhye”

“But I’m your boss” with that we got quite. I looked down at my shoes not knowing where to look. I heard Woohyun sigh “You can’t even look at me now?” he asked. I looked up at him but not directly at him. I was mostly looking past him “I have to go, me and Amber are buying a dress for the wedding rehearsal tonight” I told him wanting to leave the room as soon as possible. I started heading towards the door until Woohyun asked me one last question.

“Are you happy when you’re with Sunggyu?” he asked. I thought about it, yes I did feel happy being with Sunggyu. But what if I told him I wasn’t? Would he try and stop the wedding just because I said no? I finally answered him by nodding my head.

Woohyun sighed “arraso, you can leave” he whispered. I was too scared to turn around and look at him so I left the room as soon as possible. I could already tell that he was upset just by the tone of voice. As much as I want to comfort him I can’t, doing such thing would confuse me all over again. And I can tell he understood that as well by just telling me he was fine about it even though he wasn’t.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I took it out and picket it up.

“Hello?”

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting for you for 15 minutes now. I can even see the students in your school at the mall” Amber complained. I told her I was on my and soon enough I was there to meet her glares. “Took you long enough” she said.

“Mianhae” Amber’s face soften when she saw my facial expression. “Ya what’s wrong?” she asked.

 

 

“What?!” Amber shouted popping her head out of the curtains from the changing room. Right now Amber and I were inside a store trying on dresses. While she was changing I was telling her what happened.

“So what did you tell him?” Amber asked while getting back in the changing room. I was sitting on one of the couches in the changing room waiting for her to finish as I already found a dress to wear. “I told him I was happy” I told her. Amber finally came out and sat next to me, placing her dress on her lap.

“Are you though?” she asked. Before I could answer her she held her hand out “You don’t have to tell me, I think I know” she said. I blinked at her and she smiled at me. “You’re a bit confused here” she said while pocking my head.

“And especially there” she said finally pointing my chest where my heart was placed. I sometimes don’t like it how she knows me so well but then again she’s the only one who understands me so well. I’m so happy that I met a person like Amber; I don’t even know where I would be without her. I don’t even want to think about that.

“I’m sorry that I’m no help, I can only tell you how confused you are” she said. I shook my head and told her how wrong she was. “You’re the best help line ever” I told her. Amber scoffed “Help line” and shook her head.

 

 

Wedding rehearsal

Amber and I walked inside the restaurant that Miss. Nam rented out for the day for the wedding rehearsal. The place was already pact with guest wearing black dresses and suits. Amber was wearing a grey dress while I wore a blue dress. “It’s shocking how people are able to follow the dress code” Amber said while we were looking for a table with our name on it. “What’s so shocking about it?” I asked.

“If it was me I wouldn’t have followed it and acted like I didn’t know” Amber smirked.

“But your following the dress code now” I told her while pointing at her dress. “That’s because I have a scary cousin” she said, I chuckled at her and walked towards the table with our name on it.

“Oh!” Amber picked up one of the papers with the names on it and showed me she was holding Sunggyu’s name. “He’s sitting with us?” I asked not liking this at all. Everything seems for real now; I was actually going to face him today. Amber looked at the other names “Seems like all the bridesmaids and best man are sitting here. Some of Woohyun’s friends are on this table as well” she said. I looked at the names as well but only recognised one of them.

“Oh wow I haven’t seen him in a while” I said mostly to myself. “You know one of them?” Amber asked. I nodded and told them how he was one of my friends in school with Woohyun. “Was I replaced?” she asked.

“Shinhye is here” I said ignoring her and walking towards Shinhye who was wearing a beautiful white dress. “Look at you all dressed up” I said to her. She giggled and tried to hide her blush by putting her hands on her cheeks. “You don’t look bad yourself” she said and then suddenly started squealing “    I seriously can’t wait till you wear your brides maid dress” she said and then looked at Amber who was walking towards us.

“Ya you didn’t answer my question and aren’t you supposed to walk in with your groom?” Amber asked. I again ignored her and looked at Shinhye waiting for her to answer Amber’s question “I did, he’s there talking to the guest” she said while pointing at Woohyun who was standing out from the guest because of the white suit he was wearing.

“He’s very...”

“Bright?” I said finishing Amber’s sentence. We talked for a while until Shinhye had to greet the other guest. Amber and I went back towards our table and sat down and continued our talk until someone interrupted us.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Who’s the mysterious friend that Alex knows? Who is the person that interrupted Amber and Alex when they were talking? Oh so many questions xD