Chapter 15

A Long Wait

After I finished paying for my dress Me, Amber and Alex walked back to the car.

“So when are you buying our dress?” Amber asked whiles getting in the car. I thought about it for a while “Hmm how about next week? I’m quite busy” I said and started the car. I dropped Alex home and we said goodbye to her.

A few minutes later I drove Amber back to my house.

“Are you not coming?” she asked. I shook my head “I’m going to see woohyun” i told her.

“O-oh you are?”

I raised my eyebrow at her. What does she know?

“Okay bye then” with that she ran inside the house leaving me with a confused face. Something is up with her.

I arrived at Woohyun’s house and let myself in. I saw him sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV screen. I walked up to him without making any noise. I got behind him and put my hand over his eyes.

“Who’s this?” he asked while holding my hands.

“Guess”

He chuckled and took my hands off his eyes and looked at me.”What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Wae? I can’t come see you?” i asked.

“Ani that’s not what i meant” he said. I just laughed at his panicked face. I looked over at the table and saw a small box on it.

“Oh what is that?” i asked while walking towards it. Before i could open it Woohyun snatched it off me. I looked at him

“It’s nothing, hey do you want to eat something?” he asked changing the subject. I watched him put the box in a corner and walked towards the kitchen. I followed him “Yes i am, what you are going to cook for me?” I asked him, he nodded.

While he was cooking my mind wondered back to the box.

“Hey I’ll be right back, going to the bathroom” i said. He looked over at me and nodded. I walked out of the kitchen and looked behind me to check if Woohyun was watching me. When i was sure he wasn’t i walked up to the box and took it with me to the bathroom.

I put the box on the sink and opened it. There were un-opened letters in the box. I took one out and read the address on it.

Letters to Alex? And this is Woohyun’s hand writing.

So he was planning on sending her these but never did? There were about 20 letters in here and he never thought of sending them to her?

I looked through the box and saw a picture. I picked it up and saw Alex and Woohyun smiling.

I hate to admit it but they looked cute together.

Woohyun is obviously still not over Alex. I mean why else would he keep all these things that would remind him of her?

I heard Woohyun calling my name. I put all the stuff back in the box and placed it back in the corner before walking in the kitchen.

 

“Shinhye sit up straight” my mum said.

I nodded and did what she told me to do. Right now I was having dinner with my future in-laws and future husband. This is the first time I’ve seen him so it’s kind of awkward. I looked over at him and noticed that he wasn’t paying attention to anyone. All he was doing was playing with his food.

“Woohyun why don’t you take Shinhye-shi to the garden” Miss Nam said.

“But we still have to wait for dessert” Woohyun said. Miss Nam gave him a look and put on a fake smile in front of my parents.

“Boy’s these days only thinks about food” she said laughing awkwardly. My parents did see the whole fakeness and just laughed along. Woohyun signed and got up while I followed behind.

Their garden was really beautiful with different kind of flowers and trees. And what made it look even nicer with the light bulbs around the edge of the garden.

I saw Woohyun walking back in.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

He stopped and looked at me. “My room” he replied

“Wait” I grabbed his arm but he pushed me away.

“What do you want?” why is he so rude?

He signed “Look, I don’t want to get married to you. I don’t even like you”

Ouch.

“Being forced to marry someone I don’t like just pisses me off. Especially when I don’t want you! I want—“he stopped talking and just looked at the ground.

There was a long silence.

“I don’t like you too but we can’t stop this. So you just have to get to know me and learn to like me and I will do the same with you” I said.

He looked over at me “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to act like that” he said.

I just shook my head “Nah don’t worry about it, I understand. I mean you’re not the only one who’s being forced to like someone you don’t” I said.

He smiled at me.

I felt a warm feeling on my chest and touched it.

What is this?

 

“Shinhye!”

“Huh?” I looked up at Woohyun; he was giving me a look.

“What?” I asked.

He chuckled “I’ve been calling your name and all you’ve been doing was staring at the food. Is it not nice?” he asked. I shook my head “No, no I do like it. I’ve just been thinking about stuff” I said.

“Has the wedding been stressing you out?” He asked. I nodded and he smiled at me.

“Don’t worry too much about it” he said. I nodded again and just continued eating.

 

30 Days

Alex’s POV

RINGG~

Everyone in the class started packing up. Today was such a busy day at school. I rubbed my back because I’ve been standing the whole day.

“Alex-shi you look so tired” said Jieun.

“Because my students are so troublesome” I said looking at her. Jiyeon came and stood next to Jieun.

“Well obvious it’s not us. Because we are your favourite student and we listen to you and also we—“

Jieun put her hand on Jiyeon’s mouth making her muffle up her words. I looked at Jieun and mouthed and thank you. She nodded and dragged Jiyeon with her.

I chuckled and sat on my seat. I looked over at the clock. An hour till lunch is finished, what should I do?

I felt a vibration in my pocket and took out my phone.

Are you free? – Sunggyu!

It’s better than nothing.

Yup, you want to go out? – Alex

I’ll be there in a few – Sunggyu!

I should go and meet him.

I left my bag but took my purse before leaving my classroom. I walked down the busy hallway and reached the office. I had to sign myself out before I could leave for lunch.

“Mr. Nam, your 2 o’clock appointment has been cancelled”

Oh no. I looked behind me and saw Woohyun talking to his secretary. When he was done talking to her he looked at me.

“Are you going somewhere?” he asked. I just nodded.

“Where?” I just shrugged.

“What, you won’t speak to me now?” he asked sounding annoyed. I was about to reply until I felt my phone vibrate again. Sunggyu must be here.

“I have to go” I walked past him but he grabbed my arm.

“Why couldn’t you just talk to me?”

“Because you would get me to change my mind. No let go, I have to go” I said. With that he let go of me and I walked towards the exit.

When I reached outside I felt like I could breathe again.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I walked towards the car park and saw Sunggyu leaning against his car while looking at his phone. He didn’t notice me so I decided to scare him.

I slowly walked behind him.

“Boo!”

He looked at me obviously not scared.

“Oh your here”

I looked at him weirdly. “I saw you coming” he said answering my question that I was about to ask.

“Oh okay...Well let’s go!”

We soon arrived at a restaurant that wasn’t far away from the school. We ordered our food and started eating.

“Waaah~ this is so good” I said putting more food in my mouth.

“Yah calm down before you cho—“I started choking on my food and Sunggyu rushed towards me and tapped my back while I drank my water. When I got the food down I gasped.

“Didn’t I tell you to slow down?” Sunggyu said with worried eyes. I just chuckled “Don’t worry I’m fine” I said. I heard him sign and sat back on his seat.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing”

I frowned at him. Something is up with him and he’s not telling me what it is.

“Ya Kim Sunggyu. What’s wrong?!” I asked again.

“I’ll tell you later” he said. I shook my head, and gave him a stern look.

“Tell me now”

He raised his eyebrows at me.

“What?” I asked

“If I tell you will you tell me why you were crying that day?” he asked. Sunggyu don’t do this to me. I don’t want to tell you what’s going on between me and Woohyun. You might hate me.

“Never mind then” I said and went back to eating my food.

“Are you seriously not going to tell me?” he asked. I shook my head.

“So stubborn”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“If I tell you, promise me you won’t look at me differently” he said. What does he mean by that? I just shrugged it off and put out my pinkie finger. He hocked his on mine.

“I promise I won’t look at you differently” I said. He nodded and removed his finger from mine. He rubbed his neck and looked at his food.

“How should I say this” he said mostly to himself.

“I kind of li—“my phone rang.

I put my finger up to signal him to wait. I picked up my phone without looking at the ID.

“Lunch is nearly finished, you should be here now” it was Woohyun. I looked over and Sunggyu, he was looking somewhere else.

“I’ll be there soon”

“Alex I’m talking to you as your boss not your—just come back now” with that he hung up on me. That bastard, he’s only like this to me because of what happened. I scoffed and looked at my phone.

“Did something happen?”

I looked up at Sunggyu and gave him an apologetic look. “I’m sorry but I have to go” I said while getting up. He looked at me shocked and stood up as well.

“No its okay let me drop you” he said.

“I’m really sorry Sunggyu” I said again feeling really bad. He just laughed and told me it was okay and dropped me back at the school.

When we arrived I got out of the car.

“Oh Sunggyu don’t forget to tell me what you wanted to tell me at the restaurant okay” I said.

“Y-you should go” he said. I just looked at him weirdly. Why was he stuttering?

I nodded and walked towards the school and entered the office to sign myself in.

“Did I ruin your date?”

I turned around and glared at Woohyun. Is he really going to act like this again?

When I was finished with signing my name in, I walked out the office slamming the door. Some students looked at me and started whispering.

Urg I don’t even care!

_______________________________________________________________________________

well.....lol i don't really have much to say.

30 days left~ i wonder what would happen in those days ^^

i wonder peoples secret will be exposed.....oh i don't know xD

anyways please comment and tell me what you think. i've been reading your comment and noticed that some people find Alex irritating. I hope i didnt make you guys hate her.

i dont want you to hate her D=

lool and again i didnt look over this so sorry if there is any mistake =D