Chapter 6

A Long Wait

 

“What are you talking about?” Woohyun asked trying to avoid the question that Shinhye asked him.

“Woohyun just answer the question” she said looking at him. How exactly did she know about this? Woohyun thought about it and realized why his mother wanted to see Shinhye. She knew about Alex’s return.

“My mother told you didn’t she”

Shinhye nodded.

Woohyun signed and looked at Shinhye putting his hands on her shoulders.

“If you’re worried that I will go back to her, I’m not” he said looking at her eyes. But Shinhye could see the doubt in his eyes but let it slide.

 

“Sunggyu why did you say that?!” Alex asked him when they entered the house. Sunggyu just shrugged “I don’t know for fun I guess” but really Sunggyu did know why he did that. He wanted to make sure if Woohyun really was the guy Alex once loved. Sunggyu was trying to see if Woohyun would flinch or show his true feelings by the way Alex and Sunggyu were acting close.

“Well it won’t be fun when I have to explain everything to them. Aish” Alex said scratching her head in frustration.

“Then don’t” Sunggyu said while walking to his room.

“Don’t?” Alex mumbled. Wait what does he mean? She thought

Alex walked to his room. “What do you mean?” she asked him. Sunggyu signed “Just act like were dating or something” he said while getting out his plaid pyjama trousers and a grey t-shirt. Sunggyu doesn’t know why he wanted them to pretend to be together. But what he does understand is that Woohyun can’t just get married to someone he doesn’t love. So what Sunggyu needs to do is figure out if he really is over Alex.

"You know what. I’m too tired to care I’m going to bed. GOODNIGHT~” Alex said singing the last bit while walking out of his room. Sunggyu chuckled but his smile faded away. How can she act like she didn’t see him tonight? Sunggyu thought.

But the truth is Alex couldn’t get the image out of Woohyun and Shinhye together like that. Yes she sees them at work but out of work they seemed different like more of a couple. Something which pained her a lot.

 

In the morning Sunggyu got a call from his father telling him that his aunt wanted to see him. His aunt who is Woohyun’s mother. Sunggyu walked in the office without knocking and smiled at his aunt who was sitting in front of her desk.

“Ah Sunggyu you came” She said.

He nodded at her “Ne is there a problem with anything?” he asked. Sunggyu works for his aunt as well for his father. It’s basically a combined company they sell different things and even own a school you all have heard about.

“Actually there is” she said looking at him seriously now. Normally this would scare others but not Sunggyu and Woohyun as they grew up with her. Telling you the truth Miss Nam wasn’t as uptight as she was before her husband past away. Mr. Nam died from cancer when Woohyun was 10 and Sunggyu was 12. Because the company was passed down to her she felt as like she has a huge responsibility to keep it at the top.

“Go on”

“Well let me just get to the point. How exactly do you know Alex Marcher?” she asked.

“She went to the same university I went to in the US, why?” Sunggyu asked. But he knew exactly why she asked him this. She’s worried that Woohyun would go back to her and leave Shinhye.

“Does she lives with you?” she asked ignoring his question. Sunggyu nodded.

“We’re close friends”

“Arraso you can leave, don’t forget about the party tomorrow night.” Miss Nam said rubbing her temples. Sunggyu got up and looked at her. “How can I forget about it when my father keeps nagging about it to me” he asked.

“Just leave”

Sunggyu chuckled and left her office.

 

Alex was walking down the school hall filled with students who were on their lunch break. She walked in the staff room and saw all the teachers bundle over something. Alex got curious and walked towards them.

She saw a poster which was hanged on the wall.

COMPANY 25TH ANNIVERSARY~!

All school staff is invited

Starts:

Friday 7:00pm to 11:30pm

It would probably be one of those boring parties with slide shows especially if it’s a company’s 25th anniversary Alex thought.

Omo this is the first!”

Alex looked over at the person who said that. It was one of the maths teachers.

“I know! I wonder why they finally decided to invite us to their parties it’s mostly only the staffs that works there not the school” the other said.

Alex chuckled at the way they were acting. They acted like teenage girls being invited to a cool collage party.

“Oh! Mr. Nam is this true?”

Alex stopped smiling and looked behind her. Woohyun was there and answered the teachers question by nodding.

“Ne. For some reason my mother wants everyone to be there” he said avoiding any eye contact with Alex. Everyone started cheering and started talking about it. Wondering what they would wear on how to impress the chairwoman on that day.

Alex had no intention of going. She didn’t want to face the woman that made her leave. And it felt like that she only did this to see Alex and making her leave again.

“Are you coming?”

Alex looked up and saw Woohyun in front of her.

“No”

“No? Who is going to be Sunggyu’s date then?” he asked looking at her. Saying that made Woohyun’s inside feel bitter. It not like he is angry with Sunggyu it’s just how Alex can move on from him that quickly. Didn’t she want them to be together straight after she arrived?

Alex shrugged at his question. Woohyun was about to say something but her phone interrupted him. Alex picked up her phone.

“Oppa what’s up” she said.

Sunggyu? Woohyun thought.

“No I won’t stay late today” she said remembering the night before when she stayed late. Alex talked on the phone for a while and hanged up when she was finished while leaving the room. Woohyun scoffed at what she just did.

Leaving without saying goodbye he thought while shaking his head.

 

“I can’t believe your making me do this” Alex said. It was Friday night and Sunggyu somehow got Alex to come with him to the company party with him. Alex was wearing a black dress that fitted her beautifully.

“Well stop whining we’re nearly there” Sunggyu said while driving his car. They arrived at the huge mansion and walked inside. Sunggyu had his arms around Alex’s waist while he politely greeted people.

“Alex!”

Alex recognised that voice but how can she hear it here?

She turned around and her eyes widened. “Amber?!”

The two girls met and hugged each other.

“Ya! What are you doing here you said you were coming next year” Alex said with a smile on her face. Amber was one of her closes friend in the US before Sunggyu and even before she met Woohyun. You could call them sisters. They were so alike that you would think they were related somehow.

“Well that was the case but my cousin’s wedding got moved up to next month” she said. Amber looked at Sunggyu and then back at Alex.

“Oh! Amber this is Sunggyu, Sunggyu this is Amber” Alex said smiling she was glad that two of her friends finally got to meet each other.

“Amber!” someone said cutting Sunggyu off.

“Unnie!” Amber said walking up to a girl. I looked carefully and noticed it was Shinhye. Alex was pretty much confused right now, how did Amber know Shinhye. Actually why was Amber at this party? Alex thought.

“Shinhye you know her?” Sunggyu asked.

Shinhye nodded “She is my dearest girly cousin” she said sarcastically.

“Look only because I don’t wear dresses doesn’t mean you have to act like that” Amber said. Before Shinhye could respond Woohyun appeared behind her.

“Hey Amber it’s been awhile hasn’t it” he said.

Amber smiled at him but it soon faded when she looked at Alex.

“Alex you okay?” she asked worriedly.

“Yeah just a little confused.” Alex said while trying to get rid of the headache she was starting to get.

“You know Alex?” Shinhye asked.

Alex groaned “please be quite while if sort this out” Alex said.

Okay so Amber. My best friend is related to Shinhye who is my boss and Woohyun's fiancé. Okay sorted. WAIT! Alex thought through it again. Amber is here because of her cousin’s wedding which is moved up to NEXT MONTH!

“Alex don’t hurt yourself” Amber said looking at her thinking face.

Everything got explained to everyone well skipping the relationship between Alex and Woohyun and they all understood how everyone knew everyone.

“I understand why you had a headache” Amber said while leaning her head on Alex’s shoulder. Alex shrugged her should making Ambers head fall off it.

Amber and Alex were catching up with things but got interrupted by someone.

“May I talk to you?” Alex flinched from that voice. Is a voice she was dreading to hear.

Woohyun’s mother.

Miss Nam.

_____________________________________________________________________________

i didnt look through this so i hope its okay~ and sorry for any mistakes and shiz

anyways please comment~! i love it when you guys comment it motivates me to write more =D