Chapter 5

A Long Wait

 

Sunggyu’s POV

I looked at the text that I received from Alex.

“I came home for nothing then” I said

“Excuse me sir I’m done with work” I looked over my shoulder and saw the maid. My mum hired her to come clean the house at least once a month. I still don’t understand why she waist her money with such thing. The house is hardly a mess anyway.

“Thank you for coming Miss Kim. I’m sorry that you had to come when there was hardly anything to clean” I said. She shook her head.

“Oh and I found this in the guest room. I didn’t know if it was yours or your guest” she said handing me a box. Well it defiantly wasn’t mine. I thanked her again and watched her leave.

I put the box on the kitchen table and looked at it. I had an urge to open the box.

“Alex won’t mind would she?” I asked myself. Next thing you know I had my hands on the box lifting up the lid. There were piece of papers and tickets in there. I looked at the paper and saw a name I did not expect to see.

Maybe it’s someone else.

I looked deeper and saw a frame I took it out and saw a picture of Alex and Woohyun.

“What is this?”

I’m so confused. Were Alex and Woohyun together? Wait! Is that the guy she is trying to get over? The reason she came back was because of him?!

That explains everything. Especially the time Woohyun was miserable for 6 months that was because of her?! I heard the front door and quickly put all the stuff back in and rushed towards the living room pretending to watch TV.

I can’t let her know that I know.

 

Alex’s POV

I walked inside the house and saw Sunggyu watching TV.

“Your back?” he asked without looking away from the TV. I sat next to him on the couch and signed.

“Long day?” he asked looking at me now. I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. I took out my purse out of my bag and took some money out of it.

“Here” I said handing it to him. Sunggyu looked at me confusedly.

“What’s this for?”

“Rent. I got paid today and plus I can’t just stay in your house for free” I said. He chuckled and put the money on the table. “I don’t really care if you’re staying for free. You’re my friend aren’t you? So I’m not making you pay” he said looking back at the TV. Is it me or did he sound a bit different when he said that?

Before I could protest he starts sniffing the air like some dog.

“What are you doing?” I asked looking at him weirdly.

“What’s that smell?”

“OH! I forgot I made this for you” I said getting the food out of my bag and walking towards the kitchen with him following behind.

Before I could heat it up for him, he grabbed the food of my hand and took a piece.

“What are you doing? Don’t you want me to heat it up” I asked. How can he eat cold meat? He continued stuffing his mouth with the food and finally put it in the microwave. I walked towards the fridge when I saw something at the corner of my eyes.

What’s that doing here?!

“Where did you get that from?” I asked taking the box. Sunggyu looked over at me and the back at the microwave.

“The maid thought it was rubbish and I told her not to throw it away. It might be important to you” he said without looking at me. Does he know?

“Oh umm you should of told her to throw it. I don’t need it anymore” I said. He just shrugged and got the food out.

“So how’s work?”

“Fine I guess”

The air was so awkward there was nothing to say. Sunggyu didn’t even have to speak as he is still eating his food. I still can’t figure out if he knows or not. I mean he wouldn’t go through my stuff would he? That not him.

“Let’s go out” he said getting up.

“Huh? But you haven’t finish—“I looked over his plate and realised he finished his food. How long was I out of it?

 

Woohyun’s POV

“It’s so cold why did we come out again?” I asked. Shinhye was clutching my arm while looking at each store that we passed.

“Wasn’t it you that suggest that we go out?” she said looking at me.

“I meant going to that restaurant across the street not coming all the way to Hongdae” I said scratching my head. Shinhye looked at me and smiled.

“Coo~ Mianhae oppa.” She said pinching my check. She giggled when I pulled her hand away.

“Anyways we haven’t come here since our first date so why not” she said while looking at a food stall. I asked her if she was hungry and she nodded. I bought the food for her and watched her eat it happily. She looked at me and tried to feed it to me.

“Aniya” I said.

“Just once, you look hungry you—oh is that Sunggyu oppa….with Alex-shi?”

I looked up and saw them walking towards us. It seems like they didn’t notice us by the way they were acting towards each other. Sunggyu had his arm around her whispering something to her which got her to laugh.

“Sunggyu!” Shinhye shouted his name.

They looked up and Sunggyu waved at us. They walked towards us with Sunggyu dragging Alex with him.

“Hey, what you guys doing here?” Shinhye asked.

Alex shrugged “we’re on a date” Sunggyu said answering her question.

Date?!

“Date?!” Shinhye asked shocked as I was.

“S-Sunggyu—“Sunggyu put his arms round Alex cutting her of. What, she didn’t want me to know?

“So you guys are together?!” Shinhye asked again with a smile on her face. There was no reply.

“Omo! This is why you really wanted her to get that job. Aww helping his girlfriend” she said smiling even bigger.

“Ya stop smiling like that you look like the joker” I said putting my hand on . She pushed it away pouting at me. I saw Alex looking at us.

“We should go back” I said.

“What already?” Shinhye said “I haven’t seen Sunggyu since his arrival last week cant we just hang out a bit longer?” she asked me with pleading eyes.

Sunggyu chuckled “Shinhye don’t worry we can hang out tomorrow. I'm free tomorrow” he said with a smile.  Shinhye nodded and waved at them when they left.

“Wow, Alex-shi with Sunggyu. I defiantly didn’t see that coming”

Me too

 

Shinhye’s POV

Woohyun has been quite the whole ride back home. Was something up with him?

Maybe…

 

“Eomeoni” I said walking in her office. Woohyun mother said she wanted to see me today. That was one of the reasons why I wasn’t able to do the cooking club.

“Ah look at you. You look prettier every single day I see you” she said. I giggled at her complement.

“Eomeoni, why did you want to see me is something wrong?” I asked sitting on her chair. She nodded and looked at me seriously now. She’s actually scary when she is like that.

“I heard you took in a new staff right?” she asked I nodded.

“Hmm I guess you don’t know that much about her right?”

“Well Sunggyu to—“

“Sunggyu?” she asked interrupting me.

“He mentioned her to me and asked me to take her in” I said. I heard her muttering about talking to him.

“Well did you know that Woohyun and that staff of yours had a strong relationship at the past?” she asked looking me straight in the eye.

Relationship

“M-mwo?” why is she telling me this?

“And I think she’s here to take him back after leaving him two years ago” I couldn’t even say anything anymore. Is that why Woohyun has been acting weird lately?

“D-do you think he still has feelings for her?” I finally asked.

She sighed “That I don’t know. Woohyun has been hiding his emotions lately that I can’t even figure it out myself” I nodded.

“I’m not asking you to fire her because that will cause problems to the company. What I want you to do is keep a close eye on her”

Keep an eye on her?

“Make sure she’s not left alone with him because he can become weak around her” she said.

Woohyun never acts weak around people.

“You got that?” she asked

“Ne I will try my best eomeoni”

 

“Woohyun”

“Hmm?” he said while getting out of the car.

Just ask.

“Are you still in love with Alex?”

_________________________________________________________________________________

So Sunggyu and Shinhye knows dun dun duuuun~

lol anyways i hope you like this chapter. everyone had their own POV in this chapter i hope you don't mind =]

oh yeah just to tell you this Shinhye is not a bad person here!

i cant make her bad she's to lovely xD

anyways please comment telling me what you think~!