Chapter 37

A Long Wait

 

“Why are they taking so long?” Woohyun asked while biting his nails.

Amber looked at him weirdly “Why do you even care?”

“Are you not worried!?” He asked.

Amber nodded “I am but Sunggyu is with her so nothing will go wrong but why are you even like this?”

Woohyun sighed and sat down ignoring her question. Amber scoffed and looked at Shinhye for some answer but sadly got nothing when she shrugged.

 

Sunggyu was upstairs vacuuming while Alex was downstairs doing the dishes. Sunggyu came across her room. He turned the vacuum off and walked inside. “And here I thought her room would be girly” he told himself while chuckling.

Alex’s room was normal; nearly everything in her room was white and sky blue except for her books that were staked on the book shelf. He walked towards her white desk which was next to her bed and picked up the picture of her, Amber and another girl.

“What are you looking at?” Sunggyu turned to see Alex walking towards him. She looked over at the picture Sunggyu was holding at smiled. It was the day her, Amber and her older sister went to Disney Land in Florida. Alex and Amber were 7 at that time and her sister was 9.

“Who’s that girl in the middle?” Sunggyu asked.

“Amber’s sister, her name is Jackie.”

“You guys look so young” Sunggyu said while looking at the picture closely. Alex rolled her eyes and grabbed the picture of his hand and placed it back on her desk. “Did you just call me old?” she asked him.

Sunggyu shrugged “Maybe...”

“Ya!” Alex raised her hand about to hit Sunggyu but he was quick enough to dodge it. Alex eyes him “Stand still so I can hit you” she told him. Sunggyu shook his head at her and moved further away from her. She soon gave up and glared at him “I don’t even know why you’re calling me old when you’re older than me” she said while sitting on the edge of her bed. “Only because I’m older than you does not mean I don’t look younger than you. I have—“

“Let’s end this conversation”

“Clear skin and with this cheek of mine I look even younger. Last time someone asked for my id when bought alcohol. I felt flattered actually; I bet that hasn’t happened to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t—“Sunggyu got cut off by Alex when she threw her teddy bear at his face. She had enough of him talking so that was the only thing she could think of.

“Did you just throw that at me?” he asked while playfully glaring at her. Alex didn’t like that look at all and shook her head “It flew by itself” she said. Alex soon regret saying that when she watched Sunggyu slowly advancing towards her. “What are you doing?” she asked when he was standing in front of her. Without warning Sunggyu started tickling her. Alex tried pushing him away but she was laughing too much, she was so ticklish that even a pock on her sides would make her giggle. “S-Sunggyu, stop!” she said in between her laughs. She moved further back making her head hit the wall.

Alex yelped causing Sunggyu to stop. “What’s wrong?” he asked in a worried voice.

“Because of you I hit my head against the wall!” Alex shouted while rubbing her head. “Let me see” Sunggyu reached out his hand and touched the top of her head.

“Gently it hurts” she whined when he put pressure on his hands.

He chuckled at her childish behaviour “Sorry, just trying to help” he told her. Alex sighed and let Sunggyu do whatever he was doing. The pain in her head had left a while ago actually; she just lied to get closer to him. Sunggyu didn’t seem to noticed the position that they were in. He was hovering above her while she was stuck in between his legs.

Sunggyu felt her eyes on him and looked down at her causing their eyes to lock. Sunggyu froze and just continued staring at her. Alex took this opportunity to grab his collar and brought him closer. Sunggyu soon realised what was happening and tried to stop her “Alex—“

Alex ignored him and placed her lips on his. Sunggyu soon found himself quickly gave up on resisting and kissed back. They both didn’t realise how much they missed touching each other. Even when they were in a relationship they hardly kissed each other as they were still getting used to the whole, from friends to boyfriend and girlfriend.

Sunggyu deepened the kiss and held the back of her neck.

“What the hell is going on?!” Sunggyu and Alex parted and looked at the door.

“J-Jackie?” Alex stuttered. She was feeling embarrassed that she got caught but Amber’s sister. The said girl softened when she realised it was Alex. “Oh my gosh Alex!”

Alex got of the bed and hugged her. “How are you? Are you okay?” Jackie asked.

Alex smiled at her to calm down her worried mind “I’m fine, you?”

She sighed and looked behind her. “Who is that?” she asked while glaring at Sunggyu.

Without looking back Alex answered “That’s Sunggyu”

Sunggyu waved at her hoping to ignore her intense glare. Jackie just ignored him and looked at Alex with a pout on her face. “Did you know you scared me? I thought there were burglars in your house when I saw the door open.” Jackie told her.

“I left the door open?” Alex asked herself.

“Anyways where’s Amber? Didn’t she come with you?”

Alex nodded “She’s at her apartment”

“Cool, I’ll give you a ride” Jackie told her.

Before leaving Alex checked if everything was back in its place before leaving the house. They walked towards Jackie and Amber’s house where Jackie’s car was parked at. Jackie looked over at Sunggyu again and sighed “I’m guessing you’re staying at Amber’s aswell” she said.

“What?” Sunggyu asked.

“Nothing” Jackie got her car key out and unlocked it. Everyone soon got in and was ready to leave. Next thing you know they were already outside Amber’s apartment.

The lift felt really awkward. Alex felt like crawling in a hole and never come out.  Jackie knew Alex was feeling awkward and nudged her. “Hmm?”

“I won’t tell Amber what happened in your room” she told her causing Alex to feel embarrassed again. The elevator door soon opened and they headed towards Amber’s door. It took awhile for Amber to open the door after they knocked.

“Jackie!” Amber grabbed Jackie’s shoulder and brought her in a bear hug. “Hey Amber~” Jackie giggled at her sister and hugged her back

_____________________________________________________________________________

Still wondering who you would pick =]