Chapter 22

A Long Wait

 

I walked out my class room after everyone left to go home. Today was such a busy day because the talent show was just 4 days away. We finally sold all the tickets and were able to raise money for the trip.

I got a text from Sunggyu telling me he won’t be able to pick me up today because he was going to China with his dad. Something to do with work and would be back in Thursday.

I really need to learn how to drive, I told myself.

I stood at the bus stop and looked at the time table. When I knew when it would arrive I sat down putting my headphones in my ear. I looked up noticing a car stopping in front of me. Next thing you know Woohyun came out of it.

He held the passenger seat open. I took my headphones out and looked at him.

“Get in”

“What?” I asked. Where is this coming from? I’m just minding my own business, waiting for the buss and then Woohyun just decided to come out of nowhere.....again and wants to give me a lift?

I got up and walked the opposite way. Before I could walk any further I felt him grab my arm dragging me towards his car.

“Woohyun let go!” I shouted, I tried to yank my arm away but he was held even tighter. He pushed me in his car and ran to the driver seat.

“Woohyun what are—“I looked at him and noticed he was pissed off and upset so I decided to sit still and keep my mouth shut. When Woohyun is upset or angry it’s always best to keep quiet and just comfort him by being around him. When he calms down then he would tell you what is wrong with him.

I noticed that we went driving to Sunggyu’s house but somewhere else. I really wanted to ask him where we were going but by the looks of it he’s still pissed off. 15 minutes later we arrived at a place I didn’t want to be. He took us to the place we had our first date.

Woohyun stopped the car and got out of it, I did the same following him. The place didn’t look any different. The cherry blossom tree was blooming and swaying with the wind. I never knew how much I missed this place...and those times. But it’s the past now.

“I know”

I looked up at Woohyun with a confused look on my face. He was standing two feet away from me with a pained facial expression.

“That you left because of my mother” he said. How did he find out? He wasn’t supposed to know though.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked. I shook my head “Does It matter if I told you?” I said avoiding his eyes.

“Of course it matters! I would have stopped this and talked it out with my mother”

“Even if you did, either way you would still leave me.” Why is this happening out of all days? Can’t he just let it go? I’m trying to make something between me and Sunggyu but with him coming up with things like these just don’t help at all. And he is with Shinhye. Doesn’t he realize that?

“I hope you know you’re the one who left me right?” he said taking a step closer. “You were the one who left. Not me” he’s right. I was the one who left but still we can’t be together.

“Woohyun—“

“Exactly. I’m right aren’t I?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore anyways” I said trying to tell myself that everything that has happened in the past doesn’t matter anymore. Woohyun is with Shinhye and I’m with Sunggyu.

“Yes it does!”

“How? You’re with Shinhye aren’t you? You’re getting married to her Woohyun so just forget it!”

“But I don’t want Shinhye! I want you and always did” he took a few step towards me again. “If you tell you don’t want to be with me as much as I want to with you. Then I will leave you alone and go through the wedding”

“I don’t want to be with you”

“No. Look me in the eyes and say it”

I couldn’t. And I knew he knew I couldn’t. I don’t know why as well. Why couldn’t bring myself to tell him I don’t want to be with him.

He now stood a few inches away from me and put his hand behind my neck.

“Say it then” he said resting his forehead on mine. My mind is telling me to push him away but I just couldn’t bring myself from doing that.

“I-I can’t” I said. I could feel woohyun’s breath lingering on my lips.

“See, you still love me. And want to be with me. So can’t you just tell me to stop the wedding?”  He pleased.

“No Woohyun I can’t do—“

Woohyun pressed his lips on mine. I hate myself for being so weak around him. Instead of pushing away I kissed him back. I’m not going to lie, I missed his kisses.

Woohyun pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. We looked at each other not regretting what we did. But then I came back to reality and pushed his away.

“Stop.”

“You didn’t want me to stop just a minute ago” he said. I shook my head, this is messed up. I cheated on Sunggyu. I don’t want that.

I took a few steps back and looked at Woohyun “Stop this please, I—we can’t do this” with that I turned around and ran hoping he wasn’t following me.

 

13 Days

Amber’s POV

“Okay this has got to be the one” Shinhye said showing us and exact replica of that pink frilly dress.

“No.”

“But—“

“No.”

Shinhye glared at me and put the dress back where she got it from. “You know what! You guys look for a dress yourself” she said and sat on the sofa. I chuckled and walked over to Alex. She’s been looking at the same dress for a minute or so.

“You like this?” I asked pointing at the ugly dress. She snapped out her gaze and looked at me then back at the dress.

“No, I was just looking” she said letting it go. Shinhye noticed something was up aswell and asked if she was sick. Alex shook her head “Just tired. My class has been preparing for the talent show, so things are busy” she said.

“Oh yeah the talent show, I nearly forgot about that” Shinhye said.

“Can I come?” I asked.

“Sure, but you have to pay though” Alex said. I shoved her on the shoulder. How can she make her best friend pay? Alex giggled but it soon faded away. Something is wrong with her but she’s not telling me.

Before I could ask her what was wrong she walked up to that pink frilly dress.

“Amber how about we just take this” Alex said. Shinhye sat up when she heard that, she had a huge smile on her face.

“Jeongmal?!” Shinhye explained. Alex nodded and smiled at her. I looked at Alex like she was crazy but then I saw something. Her eyes…it showed guilt.

“Alex—“her phone started ringing and she told me to wait. She walked out the shop and picked up her phone.

“Finally! Someone wants to listen to me” Shinhye cheered.

“I’m not wearing it”

“Wae?! Amber you’re going to wear it whether you like it or not!” Shinhye said, sounding like a mother. I laughed at the way she was acting.

“If you don’t then I will tell your mum where you really went for the summer” she threatened. I stopped laughing at looked at her. She wouldn’t, would she?

“Fine!”

Shinhye started squealing like a pig and called the shop assistant. Alex came back with a sad look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” Shinhye asked.

“My dad is ill.”

“Is he okay?”

“Yeah he said he’s okay but I’m still worried. I told him I would see him right after the wedding. I wanted to go earlier but he wouldn’t let me” she sighed. I’m pretty sure her dad would be okay, he’s a strong man from what I remember.

 

12 Days

No one’s POV

A man walked in Miss. Nam’s office and bowed when he saw her.

“Do you have them?” she asked, not looking at him.

“Yes ma’am I do” the man got out an envelop and placed it on her desk. Miss. Nam reached out for the envelop and opened it, looking at the things that was in it. She smiled, satisfied at the work the man has done.

She looked up at him and signalled him to leave. Again he bowed before leaving the room.

“Here is your prove” she said.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This story is nearly ending but I don’t know how to end it! Well I do…but with whom.

I probably already said this xD

But really it is hard. I feel sorry for Woohyun because he’s so confused he doesn’t know what he’s doing. But then again Sunggyu is the sweetest guy ever!

I don’t know what to do D=