Chapter 38

A Long Wait

 

Shinhye walked out of the open kitchen to see Alex, Sunggyu and her cousin walk inside the living room. “Jackie!” Shinhye rushed towards her. Jackie turned to look at her like she’s seen a ghost.

Shinhye hugged her cousin while Jackie was still shocked at her being her. “Shinhye what are you doing here? Oh my gosh you look so different” Jackie said while examining her face. Last time she saw Shinhye they were both 15 and that’s it. When Shinhye turned 16 she had to stay in Korea and study so she could take over her father’s company, because of it Shinhye was unable to contact them that much.

“Is she going to cry?” Sunggyu asked while looking at Jackie’s watery eyes.

“Shut up!” She snapped while whipping her tears away before they fall. “What are you doing here anyways? And who is that?” she asked while pointing at Woohyun who was watching them.

“I’m friends with Alex, and that’s Woohyun” She said.

“Woohyun? You’re fiancé? Yeah how did the wedding go? I’m really sorry I couldn’t come I was busy with the guys touring and stuff” Jackie explained.

“Umm we didn’t get married so you don’t need to say sorry”

“What?”

Amber decided to jump in now as she didn’t want things to get awkward. “Why did you guys take long?” Amber asked. Sunggyu’s mind went to what happened in Alex’s room “W-we went to her house” Sunggyu cursed silently for stuttering and he wasn’t the only one who caught that.

“What’s wrong with you?” Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu tried to calm himself down and shrugged his shoulder “trying to get used to the heat” he said while walking towards the kitchen. Jackie watched him with his eyes. Jackie was like a mother when it comes to boys and her sister, not only with Amber but also Alex. She told herself that they are too young to understand love at their age, even if they are adults now.

Everyone sat down while Woohyun decided to leave to the kitchen as well. Shinhye took out Alex’s phone from her bag and handed it to her “You left it behind” She told her.

“Hey Alex I swear you told me about a guy that was named Woohyun” Jackie asked while trying to recall their conversation. Alex shook her head concentrating on turning her phone on. But in truth Alex did tell Jackie about Woohyun she just didn’t want an awkward conversation again. Plus she doesn’t want to think of guys right now, actually for a while. After that event with Sunggyu she noticed that he didn’t say anything to her. Even when they had the chance to talk he just acted like nothing happened. So the best way to go through things is to stop thinking about the dilemma she is in and start thinking about how she will prepare things for her dad.

Her phone wouldn’t turn on because of low battery so she plugged in the charger, and sat on the floor next to it. While the girls were talking the boys were sitting at the kitchen. None of them said a word; they were just sitting there watching the girls have fun.

Woohyun sighed; things are really starting to go confusing for him. He knew something went on between Sunggyu and Alex when they left. He looked over at Alex and all these question’s just started coming in his head. Does she hate me? Like me? Maybe love me still? Would she pick me over Sunggyu? Or would she do it the other way round?

Woohyun sighed and ruffled his head hoping all of this would just go away. “What’s wrong with you?” Sunggyu. Woohyun snapped his head towards him “Huh oh nothing just jet lagged” he lied.

Alex once again tried to turn her phone on and it soon did. She let it rest for a bit and brought her attention back on their conversation. Jackie was telling me all the embarrassing moments Shinhye went through when she was going through puberty. Why she is telling her this, Alex has no idea but it was funny hearing all these stories.

Alex soon felt her phone vibrate; she picked it up and noticed she had two voicemail messages. She looked at who it was from, one from the hospital her dad was staying at and one from her dad himself. Alex sat still and looked at her phone screen.

“Hey Alex, Amber is telling me your not a ! Tell me it’s not true!” Jackie shouted.

Everyone’s attention was on Alex. She slowly looked up at them and blinked “What?”

“Tell them, Alex I’m getting scold for losing my innocent when you apparently haven’t” Amber told her, not noticing her change of attitude. Alex turned towards Jackie with a smile plastered on her face “Sorry Jackie”

Jackie felt like she got slapped on the face while Shinhye found it amusing “Who was it?” she asked.

“Who?” Alex knew perfectly who it was but telling them this would make things weird so she just kept it to herself. Woohyun’s and Sunggyu’s attention was on the girls when Jackie asked Alex that question. Woohyun obviously knew who it was she lost it to as it was him but he ignored that thought when he saw that look in her eyes. She looked like she felt more upset than she did before but she was smiling.

“Oh come on tell us, or me. You can just tell me who it is if you want” Jackie said trying to pursue her. Alex shook her head and placed her phone back on the floor. She told herself that she would listen to it tonight on her own. This voicemail would be the last time she would her father’s voice.

___________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late/boring chapter. As usually I have been busy with school, there's this whole deadline and uni applications, it's just a mess.

So I hope your able to wait for a while =]

Here is a picture of Jackie~ Amber's Sister