Chapter 14

A Long Wait

 

Its 2am and I still can’t seem to fall asleep. I turned around and faced Sunggyu; he looked so peaceful right now.

“Stop staring”

“Omo! You’re awake?” I asked, shocked that I got caught. But was I really staring at him that long?

He opened his eyes and lay on his back. “I tried to sleep, seems like I’ve been thinking too much” he said staring at the ceiling.

“Hmm you’re not the only one”

He looked at me “Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” he asked. I shook my head and heard him sign. I do want to tell him it’s just that I’m scared he’ll judge me and hate me.

“Just...understand that I won’t hate you okay” he said while lying on his side. His face was just an inch away from mine.

I nodded.

All we did was staring at each other. But how come I didn’t feel uncomfortable actually it felt normal.

I buried my head on his chest and fell asleep in his arms.

 

31 days

Amber’s POV

“Shinhye give me back my shoes!” I said while chasing her around the room.

“Ani, you promised to help me pick out a dress. You can’t just bail on me” she said.

“I told you I’ll be right back I just have to....do something” I said, while thinking about the conversation I had with Alex this morning.

 

“Unnie” I heard Alex say on the other line of the phone.

“Yes Alex”

“I’ll end it with Woohyun” she said. I smiled, “So it worked?” I asked. Obviously she knew what I was talking about and said yes.

“But umm I was wondering if you could tell him for me?” she said.

“Why can’t you?” I asked

“Amber I don’t think I would back out of it if I saw him” she said, hmm that is true.

“Fine I will, I’ll go over to his this afternoon” I told her.

“Thank you!! I owe you!”

“YES YOU DO!”

 

I rang the doorbell and waited. The door soon opened and there was Woohyun.

“Amber? What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I need to talk to you about something...can I come in?” he let me in and closed the door behind him.

“So what’s up?” he asked. I better get this done and over with.

“Alex wants to stop seeing you”

“You know?” he asked, shocked at my straight forwardness. I nodded and continued “Alex doesn’t want to continue what you guys are doing.”

“What? Why?”

Is this guy and idiot?!

“Why?! Because she can’t just watch you get married to someone else, which by the way is MY COUSINE” I said emphasizing the last bits.

Before he could say anything I kept speaking “Woohyun don’t be selfish and stop what you are doing. Doing it this way is not right. If you don’t love Shinhye then end the wedding but if you do then don’t cheat on her with Alex. I understand that you love Alex as well but that’s in the past, you’re with someone else now.” With that I walked out the house.

 

Shinhye’s POV

I picked Amber up after the thing she had to do. She still didn’t tell me what it was but I guess it’s none of my business.

“Where are we going? The boutique is that way” I heard Amber say.

“I know we’re just picking someone up” I said keeping my eyes on the road.

We arrived at the familiar road. “You’re getting Alex?” Amber asked.

I nodded “Of course I want you both with me” I said while parking in front of the house. At that time Alex and Sunggyu walked out of the house.

“Oh! Are they going somewhere?” I asked. I got out of the car and waved at them when they saw me. Amber followed behind me.

“Shinhye what are you doing here?” Alex asked and looked at Amber and me.

“I was going to take you out with us to pick out a dress for the wedding” I told her. She looked at Sunggyu and was about to say something until he cut her off.

“Take her” he said

“Oppa but—“

“We can go another time. Plus your getting clingy” he said mumbling the last bit. Alex gasped and punched him on the arm.

“Stop punching like a guy” he said.

“Stop acting like a girl! Let’s go!” she said while walking to the car.

Amber shook her head “How are you going to get her if you act like that?” Amber said.

“Bwo? You like her?” I asked.

“Well we are together” he said. I glared at him “Ya! Alex told me that you were just messing around that day so don’t lie!” I said. I still couldn’t believe he did that. I was so happy for them as well.

“Guy’s hurry up!”

We turned around and saw Alex waving at us to come.

Me and Amber said goodbye to Sunggyu and walked over to her. We arrived at the boutique 45 minutes later and I and Amber looked through a rack full of dresses. While Alex was looking through a book.

“What kind of dress are you looking for anyways?” I heard Alex say from the couch. I shrugged “I don’t know just something that will catch my eyes I guess” I said. She nodded and walked over to me showing me a dress.

“Hmm it’s cute” I said.

“Would you like to try it?” asked one of the workers. I smiled and nodded at her.

I followed her and tried on the dress. Alex knows what’s she’s doing I thought smiling at my reflection. I was so in love with the dress. I was about to walk out the dressing room to show them but stopped when I heard their conversation.

“I told him” I heard Amber say

“You did….how did it go? Did he say anything?” Alex asked.

“I didn’t stay to hear what he got to say. Alex just don’t get close to him okay. If he needs to talk to you just change the subject and leave okay” Amber instructed.

“I’ll try”

I walked out and saw them startle. I laughed at their reaction “So? What do you think?” I asked.

“Wow you look amazing Shinhye” Amber said. I smiled at her and looked at the mirror again. It’s not like I wanted to eavesdrop on their conversation just a minute ago.  But for some strange reason I feel like I know who they were talking about it. I looked over at Alex.

“Alex”

She looked at me. “What do you think?” I asked her.

“You look beautiful Shinhye” she said.

I pushed the strange feelings away and just enjoy the moment.

But what if they were talking about Woohyun?

__________________________________________________________________________________

it's done! finished!......or is it??

 

I don’t really know who Alex will end up with. I mean I know how the story will go and stuff it’s just who it will be at the end xD

Anyways please tell me what you think about this chapter~