Chapter 20

A Long Wait

 

23 Days

Do what you like. Love what you do. Does anyone know what that means?” I asked pointing my finger on the board where the quote was. Someone raised their hand and answered me.

“Do what you like. Love what you do.”

“Right and the meaning of this is—“I looked outside my class window and saw Shinhye running and burst inside my classroom.

“Ya! Are you really dating him?!” she asked. I looked at her and then at my students, they were whispering to each other. I looked back at her and pointed at the door. She gave me a weird look and looked at the student now realising what I was trying to say.

“Sorry. I’ll wait outside” she nervously laughed and walked out.

“I’ll be right back” I said and met up with Shinhye.

“What the heck! That’s so embarrassing” I whined.

“Sorry but why didn’t you tell me!” she said. I gave her a look and told her that I told her when we went out yesterday.

“You did?”

“Yes I did and you didn’t believe me”

“Ahh mianhe. I guess hearing from his parents I believed it” she said. Wait his parents?

She looked at me and saw my confused face “They told me because me and Woohyun will have dinner with you guys.” She said answering my question. Aish why do they have to come?! Actually I don’t mind Shinhye being there but Woohyun. Seriously he’s like everywhere now.

“I guess that makes sense. I have to go back in the class now see you tonight” I said, before I could walk in she called me.

“You, me and Amber are going to buy the bridesmaid dresses soon okay? I’ll text you the det’s” she said before leaving. I haven’t heard from Amber for awhile and she doesn’t know about Sunggyu and me. I’ll text her.

I got back inside the classroom and everyone looked at me.

“What?”

“Nothing. But can we ask you something” Jiyeon asked.

“Is it connected to what we are doing?” she shook her head.

“Then no.” They all groaned.

Soon after the bell rang for lunch and everyone piled out the classroom. I took my phone out and started texting Amber. I was expecting her to reply in 10 second but I got nothing.

10 minutes passed still nothing. I wonder if she’s okay.

“How can you tell me this through a text?” I looked toward the door and saw Amber standing there with a smirk on her face.

“H-how did you get here? Instead of replying you decided to come all the way here?!”

“Pretty much. Anyways~ back to the topic YOU AND SUNGGYU!” she shouted. I laughed at her reaction and walked towards her.

“How did it happen?” she asked.

I shrugged my shoulders “I don’t know it...just did” I said trying to stop myself from smiling like a fool but obviously Amber noticed and lightly pushed my shoulders.

“Look at you getting all flustered” she said grinning.

“Ahh I feel like I completed my mission” she said. I gave a weird look and asked her what she was talking about.

“Let’s just say I was the one who pushed Sunggyu a bit” she said smiling proudly.

“I’m meeting his parents tomorrow” I said.

“Bwo?! But you guys just started dating how can your first date be meeting his parents?” she asked.

“Actually it’s our second but—“

“Second?! So you had your first! What am I to you? Am I not your friend? No! Your best friend”

I blinked at her “Anyways” I said ignoring her. Amber gasped and shook her head “This girl.”

“Shinhye and Woohyun was with us and it was so awkward”

“I swear he’s everywhere” she said.

“I know right! And he’s going to be at Sunggyu’s house as well!”

Amber scratched her head “No matter how you much you run away from your problems they always seem to find their way back” she mumbled. She’s right, every time I try to avoid Woohyun he’s always there and always seem to have a bit of my heart. But you know what? Not anymore I’m with Sunggyu now and only him.

“Anyways what are you going to wear?” she asked bringing me back to reality. I shrugged my shoulder “I don’t know. I’ll just look through my closet and see what I have”

“Nope it’s better to go shopping. Come on lets go” she said.

“Amber I’m working. I don’t have time to do that”

“Fine, do whatever you want. But don’t forget to call me when you come back okay?” she asked while backing away from me toward the door.

“Nae I will call you” I told her. She waved me goodbye and walked out the room.

 

 

“Are you sure I look okay?” I asked Sunggyu.

“For the 5th time you look fine!” he said while keeping his eyes on the road.

“Sorry. It’s just that I want to make a good first impression towards your parents.” Sunggyu sighed and grabbed my hand to stop me from fiddling with my dress.

“Don’t worry they will like you”

“You don’t know that. Maybe they’ll hate me and tell you to stop seeing me” I said thinking about what Woohyun's mother did.

“Well if they do, don’t think I will actually listen to them. I like you and nothing is going to stop me from seeing you” he squeezed my hand. I was touched at what he said. I shouldn’t worry about Sunggyu leaving me and should stop comparing him to Woohyun because Sunggyu is completely different. He’s sweet and caring. He won’t hurt the people he loves. And I will make sure not to hurt him as well.

“We’re here” Sunggyu opened my door and held his hand out for me. I grabbed it and got out the car. Sunggyu’s house was as big as Woohyun’s. We walked up the marble stairs and opened the grand wooden door.

A maid came towards us and told me and Sunggyu to follow her. We soon found ourselves in a living room.

“Oh Sunggyu your finally here” a woman walked up to Sunggyu and gave him a hug.

“Hi mum” she let go of him and looked at me, she smiled and held her hands out for me to shake.

“You must be the girl I’ve heard about. Thank you for coming” she said. I shook her and smiled back at her. His mum looked behind us and smiled.

“Finished talking?”  Me and Sunggyu turned around and saw a man who I am guessing is Sunggyu’s dad. But he was standing next to someone.

Miss. Nam