Chapter 28: Sixteen going on Seventeen!

Complete : Forever

 

Yoona’s P.O.V

It’s been 3 days and now it’s all through. We were all busy for today’s big surprise. Finally, the biggest event we’re all waiting for is going to happen now. We were all at Sooyoung’s house. Sooyoung was out with Yuri, Ryeowook, Heechul and Sica. Well, actually today is Sooyoung’s birthday. We all already planned what we are going to do. Yuri, Ryeowook, Heechul and Sica are the ones who are going to distract Sooyoung while we are all preparing everything. Of course, it wasn’t that easy to distract her since she’s the type of girl who has strong instincts and she believes it! Taeyeon, Seohyun, Kyuhyun, Kibum, I and Siwon are in charge of the settings and decorations while Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, Tiffany, Leeteuk and Donghae are the ones in charge of cooking. We were all now preparing it.

Me: Oppa! How about we make this a circus type? Do you think Soo will like it?

Kibum: From what I see from Soo, she’s the type of girl who likes adventures and magic!

Siwon: I’m sure she’ll like it! It’s a wonderful idea, Yoong!

Seohyun: Ahh!!! I’m so excited to see Sooyoung-unnie’s expression when she sees everything!

Kyuhyun: Let’s just hope that everything goes the way we planned!

Taeyeon: Guys, are you sure about this? You know, we can just make it simple!

Me: Yeonie, this is the first time that we’re going to celebrate Sooyoung’s birthday altogether, complete!

Taeyeon: I just thought that… maybe, it’ll be much better if we called Sooyoung’s mom and tell her to come here and celebrate Sooyoung’s birthday with her. It’ll be much better! Sooyoung will certainly be happy!

Siwon: yeah! But Omma can’t make it! She’s too far and very busy. But don’t worry; she said she’ll make it to the graduation! Omma keeps her promises!

Taeyeon: Arasso!

Kibum: Wae, Yeonie? Is there something wrong?

Taeyeon: Nothing! It’s just Im feeling a little bit unsure but don’t mind it! It’s all for Sooyoung’s sake! Let’s all make it memorable for her!

Kyuhyun: It’ll be the best birthday celebration she’ll ever receive! There’s no doubt!

Siwon: I think Donghae and Eunhyuk should be the one to do the magic tricks since they’re the one who can do it!

Kyuhyun: Yeah! That’s a good idea! And the assistants would be Jessica and Hyoyeon!

Taeyeon: Maybe, Yuri would do better than Jessica. You know, Yuri has an experience in magic shows.

Seohyun: Ok! Then, Yoona-unnie and Kibum will do the other shows like some exhibitions. The ones that people usually do in circus.

Taeyeon: Then, I and Siwon-oppa will be the MCs!

Kibum: Korom, let’s have it in that way then! But for now, let’s all decorate it. We need to finish it all before they come back!

All: Ne!

Ryeowook’s P.O.V

We were at the mall with Sooyoung, Yul, Heechul and Sica. Ugh!!! I hate it! We’ve been going everywhere back and forth and my feet are aching. It’s killing me. We’re all too tired to distract Sooyoung. And not only that, we can’t even come up with a new idea on how to get her attention! All our ideas have already been done. Ahh!!! Distracting her is one of the hardest things to do! While we were walking, we saw a restaurant. That’s when we decided to eat first since we were all hungry and we don’t have any energy left to distract Sooyoung.

Me: hey! Look! There’s a restaurant there! Let’s eat first! I’m so hungry!

Yuri: Ne! Me too!

Jessica: Ahh! Finally, we’re going to have time to rest and restore all the energy that we lost!

Sooyoung: Are you kidding me? You’re just sitting and sleeping the whole time! You weren’t able to witness everything we did!

Heechul: Let’s just go there and eat! Come on!

We then all go there. We sat at the big table as soon as we get inside of the restaurant. The waiter quickly went to us and took our order. After a minute, the waiter went to us again. We all thought that it was the food since we were all VERY much hungry.

Yuri: Wow! So fast!

Jessica: Yay! We’re gonna eat now!

Me: so where’s the food?

Waiter: I’m sorry! But there’s no food! Your orders are still preparing.

Heechul: So why are you here?

Waiter: To give this to Sooyoung (gives a bunch of chocolate and a bouquet of flowers) Happy Birthday, Choi Sooyoung!

Yuri: Bwa? Who are you?

Me: Why do you know Sooyoung’s birthday?

Waiter: It’s me, Hankyung! Don’t you remember me Yul?

Yuri: Omo! Hankyung-oppa???

Jessica: Who is Hankyung?

Yuri: Ah! Guys, meet Hankyung! He is our senior. He’s our schoolmate. He’s SO great in Tennis!

Me: hyung, how are you? And why are you here?

Hankyung: Oh! It’s just that my friend was not around because he’s sick and someone needs to substitute him.

Leeteuk: Oh! Kuraeyo?

Hankyung: by the way, since today is my special Sooyoung’s birthday, just wish anything or ask me anything, I’ll willingly do anything you want me to.

Sooyoung: Birthday?

Hankyung: Yeah! Today is your birthday! Feb. 10 remember?

Sooyoung: I’m sorry but~ It’s been a long time since I last celebrated my birthday and I don’t celebrate my birthday. I’m sorry but will you do me a favor? Just, act like there’s nothing special today! Will you do that?

Hankyung: But~ But… Arasso! For you, I will!

Jessica: um… guys, where’s the restroom here? I need to go to the restroom!

Hankyung: Just go straight there. You’ll find it. There’s a logo/ sign at there.

Jessica: Thanks! I’ll get going!

Jessica then left us all at the table. OMG! This is not good! What are we going to do now? Sooyoung don’t celebrate her birthday and she doesn’t want to. But why didn’t Siwon or Taeyeon and not even Donghae told that to us? Don’t tell me none of them knows it? But how come? Aish! I’m going crazy here! We better tell it to them right away. I’m pretty sure Sica’s doing it now. This is really confusing. I have a lot of questions going on in my mind! After 5 minutes, Jessica then comes back and we all then leave with Hankyung. It was already dark outside though it was just 7:00 in the afternoon. We then decided to go directly to Sooyoung’s house. I wonder what they decided to do now that Sooyoung don’t want to celebrate her birthday.

Siwon’s P.O.V.

We were all decorating when suddenly my phone rings. It was Jessica

On the Phone

Me: Yoboseyo?

Jessica: Oppa! Why didn’t you tell us that Sooyoung don’t want to celebrate her birthday?

Me: Bwa? What are you talking about?

Jessica: We were talking right now when someone called Hankyung came up. He shows up with bouquet of flowers and bunch of chocolates with “happy birthday”. Then Sooyoung said that she don’t celebrate her birthday and make it seem like there’s nothing special today.

Me: I don’t understand! But~ but why?

Jessica: I don’t know too! I expect you guys know something about this! This is got to be something related about Sooyoung’s past. I heard that before when she was living alone here at Korea she was a… sort of… bad type girl. But you know what? I got to go. They might be already looking for me. Annyeong!

I don’t understand! Sooyoung don’t celebrate her birthday? If so, then why anyone didn’t tell that to me? Why didn’t Donghae tell it to me? I quickly went to Donghae who was at the kitchen.

Donghae: Ne?

Me: Why didn’t you tell me that Sooyoung don’t celebrate her birthday?

Donghae: Bwa? What are you talking about? Sooyoung don’t celebrate her birthday?

Me: you don’t know?

Donghae: That’s impossible!

Me: And about her “bad girl type” What’s that all about? I thought you were with Sooyoung? I heard that she was living alone. Donghae, tell me, is that all true?

Suddenly, Taeyeon came in from nowhere and joined our conversation.

Taeyeon: About that Siwon, It’s true that Sy don’t celebrate her birthday since you guys left her and about “bad girl type” and she was living alone. Those were not true. You know, Sy was a bit naughty girl and loves making fun of others so everyone was afraid of her and you know, Sy loves staying at your house so she was living there but Aunty and Donghae always took care of her Right, Hae?

Donghae: um… Ne! That’s true!

Me: Arasso! But why didn’t you tell me?

Taeyeon: I was hoping that Sy might want to celebrate it since you are here now but I was wrong. I’m really sorry. I just don’t want to make you worry about her.

Me: Arasso! But we need to change the decors now. We need to make it simple.

We then quickly changed the decors. We make it simple but meaningful. I still can’t believe that Sy don’t celebrate her birthday. I remember when we were kids; she wants to celebrate her birthday always. She even wants to celebrate it at Amusement park. Wait. Amusement park? That’s it! She might don’t want to celebrate her birthday but if we bring her to Amusement Park, it’ll be like she’s celebrating her birthday. I quickly call them all and gather them at the sala.

Me: Guys! Stop decorating! Today is Sy’s birthday. Yeonie, Hae, what Sy usually do when celebrating her birthday?

Donghae: um… eating?

Taeyeon: I don’t know!

Me: Amusement park! That’s where she always celebrates her birthday. Remember Hae, that’s where you guys first met. It was Sy’s birthday. Do you remember?

Eunhyuk: So???

Kibum: Seriously? That’s what we are going to do!

Eunhyuk: Do amusement park?

Me: No! We’re going to bring Sy to the amusement park!

Taeyeon: Oh! No need to worry for that! I’ll handle it! My uncle owns one of the Amusement parks here at Seoul, remember?

Yoona: Korom, Kibum-oppa and I will pack some foods to bring with us! We’ll have picnic there!

Hyoyeon: Arasso! Eunhyuk and I will help! Let’s go!

Leeteuk: Then, I think I’ll deal with our transportation. (Grabs the Phone from his pocket and dial the number) *On the phone: Ni hao! Baba! Zhe shi Leeteuk…

Tiffany: then, I think I’ll be the one to call the others to inform them about the new plan. (Took the phone from the pouch and Left)

Taeyeon: Ready now?

Yoona: Everything set!

Leeteuk: The car will be here in a minute!

Tiffany: I already told it to them. We’ll just pick them up at in front of the mall.

Seohyun: Wait! My cam. We need this for taking pictures as a remembrance!

Donghae: looks like the car is already here!

Kyuhyun: I think we can go now!

Me: let’s go!

Sooyoung’s P.O.V

We were at the mall waiting for them to come and pick us. Where on earth are we going? I’m really curious! Is it because today is… No! That’s impossible! But Siwon-oppa is here. He might have planned something because today is my birthday! But it’s really been a long time since I last celebrate my birthday. I even just remember right now that today is my birthday.

Yuri: Are they still on the way here?

Jessica: they’re coming!

Ryeowook: Let’s just wait a little longer!

Heechul: It’s getting cold!

Me: Guys! Where on earth are we really going? Can someone tell me? Am I the only person here who don’t have any idea on where are we going, huh?

Hankyung: Sy, calm down. You’ll soon get know.

Me: right! When I finally come home! I’m leaving all of you here! I can’t wait for something I don’t know! What if this is just a prank! What if something happens to us! You know there’s a saying that when someone who is going on somewhere or anywhere might die!

Yuri: That’s when you were celebrating your birthday outside of your house!

Me: Exactly my point!

Jessica: those were non-sense! That was just old-beliefs! A superstitions that’s COMPLETELY impossible!

Ryeowook: Sy, nothing’s going to happen! Not unless they didn’t come here. We’re really going to die in cold.

Heechul: Wait! Celebrate outside? You mean…

Me: well, Hankyung started it first! I really have no idea today is  my birthday so I am guessing that you guys would~ you know want to celebrate it but unfortunately since I told just earlier today that I don’t want to celebrate my birthday, changed plans and so Oppa thought we can still celebrate my birthday at Amusement Park by me not finding out!

Heechul: I’m… I’m speechless!

Ryeowook: one word… WOW!

Hankyung: Same old Sooyoung!

Yuri: Yeah! We’re busted! Even today, we weren’t able to hide it from her!

Jessica: You’re a genius!

Then suddenly, the bus came. It was a big and large bus. We then come inside quickly. As soon as we come in, they were all already sitting at their “permanent seats” Well, that’s because they don’t want to transfer seats. Why? At the first seat to the left was HyoHyuk (Hyoyeon+ Eunhyuk), while on the right was YoonBum (Yoona+ Kibum). To the second seat was TeukFany (Leeteuk+ Tiffany). To the third seat at the left was SeoKyu (Seohyun+ Kyuhyun) while to the right was HeeSica (Heechul+ Jessica). To the fourth seat was YulWook (Yuri+ Ryeowook) and to the fifth seat was TaeWon (Taeyeon+ Siwon). I then saw Donghae at the back. He was listening to his mp3 player while looking at the outside. I then head to the back seat. I sat next to him. Hankyung who was following me quickly greeted Donghae.

Hankyung: Hae!

Donghae: Omo! Hyung!

Hankyung: You still prefer on calling me “hyung” than Sunbae!

Donghae: Well, you know how much I want to call you hyung! By the way, I heard that you were studying at Seoul University and that you were going to transfer when the second semester ends. Why?

Hankyung: well, my parents want me to. They need someone to help them manage the company.

Donghae: really? So you’re going back to China?

Hankyung: Yup! But don’t worry! I’ll certainly come back here in Korea! So how about you, where you planning to take college?

Donghae: I’m still thinking about it. I want to get the finest teaching in Dance that I can find in a university. You know, I love dancing!

Hankyung: well then, I hope you can find the right school you are looking for!

They then sat down. As Donghae sat down, he saw me. Well, at first I didn’t know what to do. The last time, we almost fight and we were ignoring each other. He then asked me.

Donghae: who gave you that?

Hankyung: oh! I did! I really bought it for her, I was actually about to go to their house but then I saw her to the restaurant.

Donghae: Oh! Really? The flowers suit you, Sy.

Me: Ne. Kamsahmnida!

Ugh! Awkward! Why do I sound so pale and weak when I talk to him? It looks obvious that something is going on between us. I hope Hankyung don’t mind it. If he does, Oppa will surely find out and it’s going to worry him. I don’t want to make him worry about me. Suddenly, Hankyung asked me.

Hankyung: By the way, Sy, do you have a boyfriend now?

Sy: Bwa?

All at the bus heard that and they were looking at both of us. OMG! Ah!!! I hate it when everybody stares at me like this. Their expressions were like they were shocked and were expecting something.

Yoona: YA! Hankyung-Sunbae, you don’t know? Sy already has a boyfriend and he was sitting at her right.

Hankyung look at my right side and he saw Donghae.

Hankyung: Oh! Donghae! I never thought. Mianhae, Donghae I hope you don’t mind it. Sy, Mianhae!

Donghae: Let’s just forget it!

Hankyung: anyway, you look really more beautiful than before Sy. You have matured now. While others still haven’t fully matured yet! And some still look like a kid!

Taeyeon: Ya! Sunbae!

Hyoyeon: Ya! Hankyung-Sunbae! What do you want?

Hankyung: Mianhae! I really didn’t want to make you guys get mad. I was just joking. But what I said about Sy was true.

Seohyun: Ne! She matures fast.

Me: Ya! Doesn’t mean you gave me flowers and chocolates, you can tease me every time you want! You still can’t beat me in Tennis!

Hankyung: Omo! Up to till now!

Hyoyeon: Bwa? Sy beat Hankyung-Sunbae in Tennis?

Hankyung: Ya! Sy! No saying of secrets.

Me: Mianhae. I can’t help it. I have to use my trick card.

Siwon: Speaking of cards and tricks, Donghae show us some magic tricks you know!

Tiffany: Donghae knows how to do magic tricks?

Jessica: ne! I have seen it before!

Donghae then took a red handkerchief and magic it into a red rose. He then magic it and it suddenly vanished. He took something from my ear and then the red rose appears. Everyone was clapping. They were all amazed. I, myself was shock too. That’s the first time I saw him do some magic tricks. He then gave me the red rose and greeted me.

Donghae: (Smiles) Saengil Chukkahamnida, our Choi Sooyoung!

Me: Kamsahmnida! (Smiles)

Seohyun: Hae is not only smart and athletic, he’s even talented and can do magic tricks. That’s really awesome!

Yoona: Wow! That’s the first time again I saw you do a magic trick. Sy was so lucky. She must have seen a lot of Hae’s Magic tricks.

Yuri: Ya! Sy, you didn’t tell us that Hae can do something like that.

Me: Actually, that’s my first time. I never saw him nor know he can do things like that!

Taeyeon: then, how about you do something we all haven’t seen, Sy?

Hankyung: Whoa! I like that!

Me: well, I’m not really good at this but~

After 5 seconds, tears from my eyes start flowing. I imitate one of dramatic scenes at a drama movie I have watched and say a few lines from that scene. I then wipe my tears away.

Me: That’s all I got so far!

Hankyung: Wow! Your acting skills are very outstanding.

Hyoyeon: Aigoo~ I feel like crying now too!

Eunhyuk: Sy is really good in imitating! That was DAEBAK!

Taeyeon: Show us something funny now!

Me: This, I need help from Yoongie and Yul!

We then stand up and when in front of the bus. We started acting some funny moves and lines we’ve seen in TVs. After 5 minutes, we finally arrived at the Amusement Park. As soon as we get out of the bus, we immediately ride all the rides we want. It was really memorable for me. Everything seems so fun and enjoyable. I feel so light for a moment there. We ride Ferris wheel last as usual. We then took it by two. But since Kyuhyun can’t ride Ferris wheel, he just chooses to join Hankyung at the bench and so is Seohyun. We were all at the Ferris wheel. I was with Donghae then suddenly, we stopped at the top. I was looking at the beautiful city lights of Seoul.

Me: Today seems really fun, isn’t it?

Donghae: Ne! That’s actually the reason why we both love Amusement park, right? We find happiness here!

Me: yeah! We’ll always find happiness here. But all of the things are not what it has to be. This may be the place where we’ll always find happiness but not all the time, its happiness what we’ll find here and sometimes it’s not happiness what it gives us.

Donghae: Sooyoung.

Me: This place first gave me happiness. On the second time, it gave me more happiness. On the third time, it gave me so full of happiness and on the last time, it gave me the most painful pain a person could have.

Donghae: what are you saying?

Me: We started everything here. We first met here. This is also the place where you became my boyfriend and this… (Tear fall from eye) this is also the place where we have to end it. Let’s just…just…finish everything here. Let’s end it!

Donghae: You’re kidding! Why… Why would you suddenly…

Me: (Crying) it’s better of this way! You may not know but everyone has been expecting me to go to America to finish my studies there. Even if we continued, our relationship won’t work! Long-distance relationships don’t work at all!

Donghae: I don’t get it! Why? I don’t believe it’s just because of that! Tell me the truth!

Me: You want the truth? Fine! It’s because of… Of Jessica! Don’t think that I don’t have feelings at all! It hurts me every time I see you with her. Everything may be ok for you but not for me! I feel like Sica knows you more than I do. I don’t even know you at all! I feel stupid when she’s around. You even make it seem to me that you care about her more than me.

Donghae: but Sica is just a friend and you know it!

Me: Since when you care so much “just” for a friend? To the point where you even get mad at me “just” because of a friend! You know what, let’s just end it. Let’s just… Let’s just break up!

Donghae: Sooyoung! Wait! Did Taeyeon say something to you?

Me: What would she say to me? About what? Is that something important that I must know?

Donghae: nothing! Forget it!

Me: You know what? Let’s pretend that nothing really happened between us. Like we never became and that we’re just friends. Let’s just be friends from now on. Siwon-oppa will surely not like it. Everyone will question us why. It’ll be more complicated. If it’s ok with you, about the prom, let’s just pretend that we were for a night. I can be your date just for that night and after that, we can continue being friends.

The ride then finally stopped. I wipe my tears away. I took off of the ride and act like nothing really happened. He was not speaking nor doing something right after that. I then went to Seohyun, Kyuhyun and Hankyung who’s been waiting at the bench. We then all went to the bus and eat there. We were all eating, laughing and playing. It was so fun but I feel like crying. Why do I feel this way? I should be happy because I did that for him. I knew that if we keep on continuing our relationship, Hae will suffer. But I feel so bad. I lied to him and it’s worse than cheating. That is the first time I ever lie and it kills me. Oh! God! Why do we have to end up this way? When we were all finished eating, I said something to all of them. More likely a speech! J

Me: Guys, I just want to thank you all for everything! Without you all, this day wouldn’t be perfect. I knew you guys know that I actually don’t like celebrating my birthday. It’s been a long time but after this day, I feel like I want to celebrate my birthday again. And it’s all because of all of you. Today is the most memorable day for me. Thank you! Jeongmal Gomawoyo! And Happy 17th birthday to me! J

We then all do a group hug and we finally go.