Day 56

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family Fiftysix "Push!" someone says beside her and places a hand on her shoulder. "Just a little more, I can see the head. Come on. Push again when I say it ... Now, push!" Gwiboon wants to cry and at the same time smash Jonghyun's head into the table beside her for bringing her so much pain.

There's a little monster that's trying to crawl out of her and she is not liking this one bit. Not at all. Jonghyun isn't in the room, the doctor told him not to be. Another 'push' reaches her and she pushes the best she can to get the baby out of her. She's certain that she's going to love the child the minute it's out of her but right now she swears she is never-ever getting pregnant again. Never.

The pain lessens a little and then she hears the doctor and a heartbreaking scream fills the room. Except instead of breaking Gwiboon's heart it fills her with love and affection. See, she knew it. The nurse wiggles a blanket around the baby before she gets beside Gwiboon and lets the child rest against Gwiboon's chest.

"It's a girl," she says and smiles. "Do you want me to get your husband?" Gwiboon looks at the nurse a little confused before she remembers that the hospital doesn't know she and Jonghyun aren't married yet.

"Oh yeah, please do." She's distracted by the small baby with her closed eyes and small hands and the way her black hair is wet is a little unsettling. But she's beautiful, she's so beautiful and Gwiboon almost wants to cry again for the second time. When Jonghyun enters all she hears are his sobs. She lifts her head to look at her boyfriend. "Crybaby," she says but Jonghyun ignores her and the little girl on her head.

"You're so beautiful, my little princess." He kisses the baby's forehead and returns his attention to his girlfriend before he pecks her lips. "She's beautiful." And then he cries some more.



Kibum is awakened at 4 am when his phone rings. He reaches out groggily and takes it. The first thing that meets him is a 'It's a girl' and it takes him 30 seconds before he realizes that it's Jonghyun and he's talking about his grandchild. When it finally sinks in, he smiles.

The conversation is short but there's not a lot to say. Kibum also ushers Jonghyun back in to Gwiboon and his daughter instead of talking to him. They can talk another time. Before they hang up Jonghyun agrees that they can come visit and see the baby when they get back home to their own apartment. When Kibum puts his phone back on the table he feels a hand wrap around his waist and pulls him closer.

"Who was it?" Jinki murmurs into the warm skin of his neck and Kibum chuckles and turns around in the others hold.
Please log in to read the full chapter