Day 46

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family Fortysix Jonghyun has been a little bored ever since his semester began again in September. It's not that he doesn't have classes, he does. They're just very easy because he's been interested in composition for years and so far his teacher hasn't been able to give him any new tips. He's been told that he creates the best compositions in class which is a pretty impressive feat. But as much as he's proud of being this good in college, he's also very bored. This, of course, results in him being a nuisance to Gwiboon.

Gwiboon is by far his best friend in the art department and maybe Taemin was right when he said that Jonghyun was in love. But Jonghyun is not going to screw over his friendship with Gwiboon in case the girl doesn't like him. So he just keeps their relationship on a friendship level. One could say that he put himself in the friendzone. He doesn't mind staying there though because the girl is a joy to spend time with - at least when she's not stressing over her latest project or is having one of her diva-fits.

Jonghyun sneaks into the art room to find the girl in front of a huge canvas. It's at least 1½ meter tall and 2 meters wide. He widens his eyes while he silently sneaks closer to the girl who is sticking her tongue out in concentration. She's painting something Jonghyun can't identify. He'll never understand art. A smirk graces his lips when he gets up behind her unseen. He places his lips close to her ear.

"Boo," he says and the girl jumps in her chair and the brush makes a long line over the canvas.

"Jonghyun!" she seethes and turns around to glare at the now laughing boy. She lands a punch on his biceps as well. "I hate you." She turns back to the canvas and tries to save the mistake. Jonghyun peeks over her shoulder when he's done laughing. He places his head on her shoulder and she ignores him pointedly.

"What are you doing Gwiboonie?" he asks and she continues to ignore him. This has Jonghyun pouting and nuzzling his head against her neck. "Gwibooooniiiiiie, answer me." She sighs and puts her brush down and turns around in her chair again. Jonghyun lifts his head from her shoulder when she does so.

"I'm working on my final project." She dips a finger in the green paint and wipes it against Jonghyun's cheek. Jonghyun's eyes just widen.

"Already? The semester just began," She nods.

"Yes, have you seen the monster that this canvas is? It's going to take months to perfect what I have in mind and I want an A." Jonghyun knows that. The girl may not look like it with her fiercely pink hair and high stilettos but she's here to be the best. Jonghyun sits down on her lap and locks his arms around her neck. The position would be easy to misunderstand but Jonghyun knows that Gwiboon thinks nothing of it, because he has always been touchy. In fact, it would be weirder if he had sat on a chair. She just wraps her hands around his slim waist to hold him in place.

"What do you have in mind?" he asks and Gwiboon sticks out her tongue.

"I'm not telling you, you . You tried to ruin it already!" Jonghyun retaliates and sticks out his tongue as well.

"You're just afraid I could make something better than you despite not being an art major!" This has the girl snorting with laughter.

"Suuuuuure."



It's October and Jonghyun has been invited to a Halloween party nearby. It's his friend that has invited him but same friend was invited by another friend. Jonghyun is pretty sure half of campus is going to be there so it's going to be pretty impressive. He also knows that Gwiboon will be there because the girl hasn't been talking about anything else the past week.

He's dressed in a fancy shirt and some skinny jeans when he arrives at the party. There's alcohol everywhere and the bass is so loud one can feel it 50 meters down the road. Someone puts a beer in his hand and he goes around to find someone he knows. Maybe he's just looking for Gwiboon. Jonghyun isn't really sure himself but he does find someone to talk to and stays with them.

One beer becomes two and two beers become a couple of shots and suddenly Jonghyun is tipsy. He really hates himself for not having a high alcohol tolerance but despite college parties it's still incredibly low. He'll never be able to keep up with his friends when they start their drinking games. So instead he finds silence (well, somewhat) outside in the garden.

The grass is wet when he sits down in it and he hears someone laughing behind him. When he turns around he locks gazes with Gwiboon. Except art-student-Gwiboon with her hair in a ponytail and a (usually) paint-stained white shirt (though still very fashionable) is now art-student-Gwiboon with her flattened hair down and a little black dress that hugs her body in all the right places. He gapes. She looks stunning. Attractive. Not that she doesn't look attractive usually, but this is so new and he can almost hear his heart beat in his chest. This was not supposed to be happening and definitely not tonight.

She goes to find him, high heels digging into the grass and creating small holes in the grass. She sits down in his lap and Jonghyun can feel himself flush at the thought that her bare skin is so close to his crotch. It's so stupid, but his alcohol-dazed mind can't not focus on her. She hands him a drink and smiles at him.

"Do I look that stupid?" Jonghyun blinks and takes a large gulp of his drink. It's stronger than he had expected it to be. He then shakes his head.

"No, no. You look beautiful." This has Gwiboon slightly blushing. Or it looks like it, it's hard to say in the dim light.

"Why are you out here anyway?" She turns a little in his lap and looks up to see the clear sky. The
Please log in to read the full chapter