Day 52

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family Fiftytwo Minho meets Taeyeon in February on a busy day. She's rushing through the hallway muttering strange letters and numbers while her short hair frames her face beautifully as she runs. She's gone in a flash and Minho is left staring at the corner she disappeared behind. It's first when someone pats his shoulder and whines that he gets back to the friends he was with.

Taeyeon is nothing like any other girl Minho has ever met. Or well - he hasn't spoken to her yet but every time he sees her she's dressed in jeans and an oversized sweatshirt, her short black hair is barely brushing her shoulders and she's always muttering letters and numbers in a strange combination Minho has never heard before. And while she isn't exactly as aesthetically beautiful as some of the other girls around campus, she's intriguing in another way. It's a fascination Minho hasn't felt ever since he learned that Eunsook was lesbian. It scares him a little but it doesn't stop him from approaching the girl.

"Hey," he says and leans a little forward to look into her book. There's a lot of numbers and it almost looks like ... math?

"3x = 4y = 7z, oh hey." She looks up shortly before she turns back to her book. "...possible value of x + y + z" she mutters and continues past Minho and leaves him staring at the girl.



Approaching her turns out to be more difficult than he had expected it to be. So he takes a different approach. He's out drinking with a couple of his friends and the music is playing loud behind them when he finally gets do ask.

"Do any of you know Taeyeon?" he shouts over the music and a couple of his friends frown. Few of them ignore him and go back to drinking. It's his friend Sulli that answers him with a 'who?' Sulli is pretty and he knows that she had a crush on him at some point. But Minho doesn't really find her attractive or intriguing the way he found Eunsook or - now Taeyeon. "Taeyeon!" he shouts again and Sulli shrugs.

"Who?" she asks again and Minho begins to describe her. Ridiculously skinny, always wearing skinny jeans and oversized sweatshirts, pretty. It seems as if it makes Sulli recognize her because she nods. "Ah, the math nerd!" Minho has never heard of anyone on campus being 'math nerds' but he hasn't really been spending a lot of time with the science majors either. Studying medicine is hard enough. But he learns that Taeyeon apparently studies Mathematics and that just makes her all the more intriguing.



The next time he meets her is at the cafeteria for lunch. Instead of passing her table and finding his friends at their usual place, he sits down opposite of her. She doesn't even bother with looking up from her notebook while her hand writes down number after number. Minho admires her for a couple of seconds before he clears his throat. This has the girl looking up in surprise. She frowns a little when she sees the boy opposite of her.

"How may I help you?" she asks catiously and Minho sends her a wide smile.

"I just want to talk. Hey, I'm Kim Minho." He stretches his hand towards her and she grabs it, still a little cautious.

"Lee Taeyeon," she presents herself, looks towards her notebook before she gives up and closes it. "What do you want with me anyway? I'm the weirdo." Minho widens his eyes at that and blink. Why would she call herself a weirdo? That doesn't suit her at all.

"I seriously just want to talk. I want to be your friend." Taeyeon sighs.

"Look, Minho or whatever, I'm sort of busy and you don't want to be friends with me either." With that she opens her notebook and ignores him for the following 50 minutes. Minho sighs heavily when he enters his next class.



Minho spends th
Please log in to read the full chapter