Day 4

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family fOur   It's May. Jonghyun and Jinki are at Kibum's apartment, spending their time in the living room with the dogs. The weather is beautiful and they're all wearing loose clothes in order not to sweat too much. Jonghyun turned 2 in April and Jinki and Kibum have their one year anniversary a couple of days later. Everything is idyllic and full of love. Until Jonghyun stomps on the carpeted floor of Kibum's living room and declares that he wants to learn to swim. It sounds more like 'Jongie wants water' than 'Jonghyun wants to swim' and it takes the two men a couple of tries to understand exactly what it is the toddler wants. It's Kibum who understands first, making Jinki sulk a little.

"You want to go swimming?" he asks and Jonghyun nods excitedly. Jinki, for the first time in Jonghyun's 2 years, seems reluctant to succumb to Jonghyun's wishes. Kibum sends him a curious gaze but the other man says nothing. So they agree to go swimming. Jonghyun is filled with excitement and he is almost ecstatic when they reach the public pool.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asks Jinki as he helps Jonghyun change into his swim trunks in the men's changing room. Kibum just smiles at him and nods.

"Of course. We'll take care of him. Nothing'll happen, Jinki." Jinki says nothing but it doesn't seem to ease his fear.



Jonghyun has a hard time waiting for his father to get changed and even Kibum starts to get a little impatient when Jinki is still in his jeans while they other two have already fully changed.

"Babe, hurry up," Kibum says. He knows the other men in the room is looking at them strangely and their gaze only changes into disgusted glances when Kibum calls Jinki baby. None of the two men care about the glances that are sent their way, though. They have each other and that's more than enough. Jonghyun jumps and almost slips in a wet puddle on the floor. The only reason he doesn't is because Kibum is holding his hands and steadies him before it happens. Jinki sighs and gets fully changed. When they enter the pool area Jonghyun tries running away. Kibum holds him back. They find a couple of chairs to put their towels on and Jinki grabs Jonghyun's hand and squats in front of the toddler.

"Jonghyun," he says, tone serious. Jonghyun peeks curiously at his father. "You can't go in the water without me or Kibum, understand?" The toddler nods once. "You can't go in the big pool either." The toddler nods twice. "And you can't try the slide." Jonghyun squirms, tired of listening to his father's concerns and when Jinki lets his grip on Jonghyun's forearm lighter the toddler gets free. He starts running away from them and Jinki gets up to chase the giggling boy. When he catches Jonghyun, it's only because Jonghyun has stopped to stare at the water in the big pool.

"Jonghyun!" Jinki scolds as he lifts the boy and brings him back to Kibum. Jonghyun is teary-eyed when they come back and he reaches instantly for Kibum who takes him in his arms. Kibum sends Jinki a harsh glance before he sits on the edge of the pool, legs dangling in the water. Jinki says nothing. Jonghyun giggles loudly when his feet hit the water and as Kibum sinks into the pool, Jonghyun in his arms, the toddler screams with joy.

Jinki sits on the chair and watches the two in the water. He knows that Kibum takes good care of Jonghyun but he can't help the unsettling feeling in his chest. He wants Jonghyun to learn how to swim but he hadn't planned to start already. It's obvious the boy likes the water with the way his laughter fills the area but Jinki is sure something is going to happen. He knows the boy. Jonghyun is a troublemaker much like any other boy his age. It's not like Jinki doesn't enjoy the company of his son but he does get tired of all the troubles at times and he doesn't want to burden Kibum with them either.

And as if Jonghyun being two and a troublemaker isn't enough he has other things on his mind. Like how to ask Kibum to move in with the two of them. It's not as easy as it sounds. If only Jinki knew how to but he can't help but worry that it's too early? They have only been together for one year, it's not much but Jinki wants to spend his life with Kibum.

He sighs a little and then Kibum returns to him without Jonghyun. That instantly sends a shiver down his spine and he glances around the pool but can't find Jonghyun.

"Kibum, where's my son?" he asks, close to panic. Kibum laughs a little and settles down in a chair.

"Don't worry. He's in the baby pool and he's got floaties on. I just wanted to find you." Kibum only gets to finish his sentence before a
Please log in to read the full chapter