Day 5

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family five   It's ridiculously cold outside as Jinki strolls down the street, one hand in Kibum's and the other carrying Jonghyun. It's December and Kibum insists on making Christmas memorable. It's not even their first Christmas together as a couple but Kibum argues back with a 'but it's our first Christmas as a family!' whenever Jinki mentions it. So they're Christmas shopping.

Jonghyun's nose is running and Jinki is pretty sure the small boy will have his first cold if Kibum keeps insisting they haven't finished their shopping. It's not that Jonghyun isn't dressed in warm clothing. It's more like the opposite, he's dressed in too much and the heat can't escape, making him sweat and thus making him cold. Jinki doesn't really want a sick Jonghyun for Christmas but there is nothing he can say to Kibum to change his mind and Jonghyun is amazed by all the lights that decorate the streets so he just sighs and lets go of his concerns. At least for now.

Kibum finds a lot of Christmas decors Jinki has never seen before. He wasn't even aware it was possible to find so much Christmas-related stuff in Seoul. Jinki pays for most of it although Kibum insists he doesn't have to. They separate to go buy gifts for each other and plan to meet up at the car 30 minutes later.

Jonghyun is with Jinki and it only takes Jinki 15 minutes to find the sunglasses he knew Kibum had wanted. They're ridiculously expensive for a pair of glasses but he buys them anyway. Jonghyun finds a t-shirt which is ... not really Jinki's nor Kibum's style but the boy insists that Jinki has to buy it. It's amazing how good the small boy is at insisting. Jinki blames it on his puppy eyes when he buys the shirt for Kibum from Jonghyun and remembers to make sure Kibum can change it.

2 hours, 9 shopping bags, a cold and sleepy Jonghyun and an empty wallet later they enter their now shared apartment. Kibum unpacks and immediately starts decorating the apartment while he hums Christmas carols. Jinki puts his son to sleep.

Jonghyun wakes up with a fever in the middle of the night and starts crying. This wakes up Kibum who immediately tries to wake up Jinki.

"Jinki, your son is crying," he says and Jinki stirs in his sleep. Jonghyun continues his crying from Kibum's arms, clinging to his second father. "Jinki, get up." Kibum punches his side under the blanket and Jinki wakes up. He's groggy when he looks up at Kibum and it's only then that he realizes that Jonghyun is crying.

"What is wrong?" he says, voice hoarse from sleep. Kibum is still trying to calm Jonghyun but nothing seems to be able to calm the boy.

"I don't know. He won't stop crying." Jinki sits up in bed and stretches his arms out, taking Jonghyun from Kibum. The child keeps crying and Jinki puts his hand to Jonghyun's forehead. Then he sighs.

"I think he has a fever." This makes Kibum perk up and he turns to look at his boyfriend. He looks concerned but he doesn't find the same concern in Jinki.

"Do I need to call the hospital?" he asks and Jinki looks at him before he shakes his head. He's still trying to comfort the sobbing boy in his arms but Jonghyun seems to gradually calm down. Kibum feels slightly jealous that Jinki can calm Jonghyun so easily when he tries so hard.

"No, it's not necessary. He'll get over it soon." Jinki lies down in the bed again and drapes the blanket around him and Jonghyun. He smiles at Kibum when the toddler finally stops crying. Kibum glances towards the alarm clock. It's 5 am. He still can't shake off the worry he feels because of Jonghyun's fever, however.

"Are you sure?" he asks and Jinki sighs a little.

"Honey, it's probably just a cold. He just needs some rest the next couple of days. So no playing in the snow, okay?" Jinki raises an eyebrow but is then interrupted by a yawn he has to fight back. His facial expression is so contorted Kibum can't help but snicker with laughter.

"Okay," he agrees before he lays down and snuggles close to his family.

Garcons barks and Comme Des joins him at 9 am and the family is all awakened once again. Jonghyun is still feverish so Kibum walks the dogs alone while Jinki helps Jonghyun build a pillow fort in the living room. Well, Jinki builds it and Jonghyun holds his favorite teddy bear in a tight grip while he watches his father. Jinki makes sure the opening is facing towards the television and when he's done he puts Pororo on and snuggles with Jonghyun in the pillow fort.

Kibum returns and feeds the dogs before he sees the pillow fort and he laughs. Commes Des and Garcons joins the two men in the pillow fort when they're done eating and Jonghyun lets go of Jinki to cuddle up in between the two dogs. Jinki gets up from the floor and hugs Kibum's midsection. He wipes away a fake tear and fake-sniffs.

"He grows so quickly. Soon he won't be needing me anymore," he says dramatically and that has Kibum laughing.



"Jinki!" Kibum shouts through the apartment. He hears a 'yes?' from the study room. He sighs a little before he leaves the kitchen to find his boyfriend at the desk. "We need a Christmas tree," Kibum informs the other and Jinki turns around to look at him.

"I'm pretty sure my dad has a tree we can borrow," Jinki answers and Kibum shakes his head.

"No, I want a real tree. Not a fake tree. Go out and buy a tree." His answer makes Jinki blink.

"A real tree? Where do I even find a real tree?" Kibum shrugs.

"You'll find one, babe. I trust you." When Kibum leaves the study room, Jinki sighs heavily. How did he fall in love with a man so demanding when it came to holidays? Jinki usually doesn't make a huge fuss when it comes to holidays but Kibum really wants to make everything perfect. Jinki sets out anyway in warm clothing to find Kibum his real Christmas tree. He calls a couple of friends to help him out. If he's supposed to walk around he might as well have some company. It's been long since he has spent some time with his fr
Please log in to read the full chapter