Day 49

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family Fortynine Taemin is a healthy young boy at the age of 12. Or so he thinks himself. He's pretty sure his fathers agree but he haven't quite asked them and he has absolutely no intention of asking them. But there is one question that Taemin would like answered though and who better to ask than his best friend? So when Jongin is over one evening and they're lounging in Taemin's room Taemin decides that the time is right.

"Oi, Jongin?" he says and the other boy lazily rolls around so he lies on his stomach and looks at Taemin. Taemin sits on the floor with his back against the desk. They had been playing on his play station but none of the boys hold a console any longer.

"Yeah?" the younger boy asks. Taemin sighs and gets up from his spot on the floor and goes to lie in the bed beside Jongin.

"You know girls, right?" he says and Jongin winces slightly. Taemin doesn't see it. He's been wondering about this for quite some time now (at least since he turned 12!) and he doesn't really want to ask Gwiboon about it. She's a really cool noona and heck, Taemin is happy that Jonghyun finally had balls enough to get together with the girl, but it would also be really really awkward to ask her about other girls. Minho and Jonghyun would totally make fun of him if he ever as much as mentioned girls and although Gwiboon has been so cool to tell Jonghyun to stop making fun of him, he's not sure neither of his brothers would actually stop. And his fathers are just too old to know this sort of thing. So really - his only bet is Jongin. He's waiting for Jongin's confirmation but when the boy doesn't say anything, Taemin continues. "They're weird, right?"

"Uh-huh," Jongin agrees and Taemin feels a little more confident. He knew he could count on Jongin.

"They always talk about love and all that. Weird stuff. But..." he says and pauses. Jongin turns to look at him.

"But?" he asks and Taemin shakes his head slightly.

"It's just, I heard Naeun tell her friends yesterday that this boy had confessed to her and kissed her and - what is the point with kissing anyway?" It may be a little more philosophical and the fact that he had eavesdropped on Naeun's conversation didn't really have anything to do with his initial question. Jongin blinks at him and Taemin sighs.

"Hmm. I think I heard mom tell Soojin-noona that kissing was the best thing in the world." Taemin winces at that. Thank god, his fathers never tells him stuff like that. Jongin turns around in bed so he lies on his side and looks at Taemin. Taemin shifts as well, propped up on his side as well. "But to be honest I want to know how it feels." Taemin stares at his best friend in mock-betrayal.

"Really? Don't you think it's super weird?" He raises an eyebrow and Jongin easily agrees with his best friend.

"Of course it's weird, but ... It's just - it looks really nice when mom and dad kiss each other." Taemin ponders over this for a minute or two. Jongin is right. Not that he finds it very sweet when Jongin's parents kiss but his own look pretty happy whenever they kiss each other. So he leans closer to Jongin and presses his lips to Jongin's. It feels weird. Definitely not nice the way his fathers make it seem.

And then the door springs open and they hear Minho ask for a specific game. He freezes midsentence at the sight of his 12-year-old brother kissing his 11-year-old best friend and then he starts laughing. Taemin springs away from Jongin and quickly gets up from the bed, glaring at his brother. He misses the blush that spreads on Jongin's cheeks.

"Get out!" he shouts after his brother and Minho just leaves the room laughing without the game he came to ask for. "And close the door!" Taemin shouts after him once again before he slams the door shut. He turns around and looks at Jongin who is laying on his back and staring at the ceiling. "Kissin
Please log in to read the full chapter