Day 25

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family twentyfive   "Get out," Kibum snarls. The older man in front of him stares at him with wide eyes.

"Kibummie?" he tries but Kibum grits his teeth and points to the front door.

"Get out of my house." Kibum is angry. He's seething with pure rage and Jinki has just returned home after his lecture. He had taken a new job as a professor for medicine students with their chosen specialty in pediatrics but right now he's standing in front of a much bigger challenge than any student or child could ever be. Kibum shoves at his chest, pushes him towards the front door, thankful that all the kids are away. He wouldn't want them to see this and he's frankly sure he wouldn't be able to be calm around them either.

"What is..." Jinki tries but Kibum interrupts him.

"I can't believe I loved you for 14 ing years when you go out and cheat on me like this! 14 ing years of love was worth nothing to you huh?! And with a female!" Kibum screeches. "You bang a 20-something-year-old ing female while I sit back home and wait for you? No ing way! Out! You could at least have had the ing decency to leave me before you started screwing around! You're disgusting!" At this, he's gotten Jinki shoved outside the apartment. Jinki is speechless. "And don't ever think of getting back!" With those last words, he slams the front door closed and sits down on the floor and starts crying.

He can hear Jinki on the other side of the door talking but he doesn't listen. He doesn't want to listen. He can't believe Jinki actually has been cheating on him. For 14 years they had been a happy family. For 14 years Kibum had spent everyday loving Jinki. And it had taken less than 24 hours for Jinki to ruin everything. Maybe more, Kibum isn't even sure if it's the first time or if Jinki has been screwing around with someone behind his back for years. He doesn't want to know either. He sits in the hallway, large sobs wrecking his entire being while the tears flow down his cheek.

The past months have been absolutely horrible. Garcons died 2 months ago because of old age and Comme Des was put down 1 week ago for the same reason. Two olds dogs, indeed, but Kibum misses them daily. Jonghyun's grades have been low for the past month and Kibum doesn't know how to help him. The boy doesn't want to study either. Minho is ignoring him most days because he's "old and grown-up and doesn't need the help" according to himself and Taemin is being ignored and bullied by every other kid in his pre-school class for "looking like a girl".

Kibum wants to give up. He had wanted Jinki's help but he sure doesn't need any help now. It doesn't matter anyway because Jinki will be taking Jonghyun and Taemin with him when they separate so he'll only have to deal with Minho's bad attitude. He feels a little dizzy when he gets up 40 minutes later, tears dry on his cheeks because there's simply no more to cry. He finds a blanket and wraps it around himself while he prepares a cup of tea.

The phone rings just then. Kibum clears his throat before he answers it, trying to hide the fact that he's been crying heavily for the past 40 minutes. It's Minho, asking whether or not he can play with Changmin and Kibum easily agrees. That's one less person to hide from in the next hours to come. He settles on the couch with his cup of tea when he hangs up, staring at the blank screen of the television.

It's weird. When he first met Jinki he would have never thought that he would be the cheating kind. But Kibum has had happiness for the past 14 years, he guesses it changes at some point. Jinki was too good to be true anyway. It amazes him when another tear fights its way down his cheek, he really thought he had run out.

The phone rings again. It's Taemin's pre-school teacher who is now talking about some cruel joke
Please log in to read the full chapter