Day 26

A Cliché Family
Please log in to read the full chapter
A Cliché Family twentysix   A month later they receive a wedding invitation. Kibum still hasn't let completely go of his suspicion or his guilt for misunderstanding but Jinki does his best to convince the other that he really only loves Kibum. To be completely honest, Kibum knows he's being sort of a towards Jinki but the week thinking they would break up, that Jinki didn't love him left a scar on him. The wedding invitation, however, erases any doubts that could have lingered. Jinki's colleague turns out to be a lesbian and she's getting married in a month.

"Dear Lee Jinki and Kim Kibum," Jonghyun reads from the invitation. He turns to look at his fathers. "We're not invited," he then says and puts the invitation down, a little disappointed. It's weird, Jinki thinks, to have a 15-year-old teenager in the house that is overly sensitive and at the same time tries his best to ignore everything. Kibum takes the invitation and reads it. He's happy they're invited and he's sort of happy his name is on the invitation as well. Jinki takes the invitation after him, reads it and groans.

"Why is there a dress code?" the older man sighs and he puts the invitation down and goes into the bedroom to search through his wardrobe. 40-year-old Jinki is a man who prefers comfort over style and he's honestly not looking very much forward to being dressed up. 38-year-old Kibum, on the other hand, can't wait to get dressed up again.



"No," Minho says as Jinki turns around to show him his outfit. The boy shakes his head and Jonghyun enters the living room just then, only to wrinkle his nose.

"Are you going to wear that?" the teenager asks and Minho answers with another 'no'. Jinki sighs in defeat. It's the morning of the wedding and they have to leave the house in about an hour and he's still clueless. He really doesn't know what to wear. Nothing seems to fit the dress code and Minho's disapproval of every outfit he wears is not making it any better. Taemin runs into the living room, stops, looks at Jinki and turns around and runs out of the living room. Jinki deflates. He's going to disappoint everyone and he's going to make Kibum embarrassed.

Taemin reappears a couple of minutes later with a bunch of clothes in his skinny arms. It's Kibum's. Jinki isn't sure it's a fairly good idea and he's not even sure he can fit any of Kibum's clothes but Minho seems to agree with his younger brother. Soon all three kids are sitting on the floor, trying to assemble an outfit for Jinki that looks okay. Not good, Jonghyun told his father it was impossible for him to look good, so they settle on okay.



Kibum is in a hurry, telling his mother where everything is (as if his parents haven't been over before) and gives her plans for the kids. Taemin complains when Kibum says he has to sleep at 9 at the latest and Jonghyun mocks the youngest until Kibum sends him a glare and tells him 'no loud music after 10'. A kiss to three diffe
Please log in to read the full chapter