One

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CRAZY TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXfNFMWpvYc

---

Kim Mingyu stuck his head out from one of the rose bushes. The thorns poked him everywhere, but he had no choice. Either he hid here or he was going to be subjected to a two hour lecture on the effects of chemicals and biomass. When he heard voices, he ducked down. He could see all the servants and guards running around the palace searching for him.

“Quick! I think he went that way!” One of the servant girls pointed. Everyone followed her.

When he was sure they were gone, he stood up from the bush and ran a hand through his midnight blue hair suavely. *Serves them right for trying to dictate me!* A wide grin was on his face as he made his way back to his chambers. Sleep and relaxation was calling for him. The thought of lying down on his soft bed made him shudder in satisfaction. He didn’t like to study, but his parents always made him do it because he was the ‘Prince’ and learning about all the galaxies in the world was very important to them.

“Prince Kim Mingyu! Stop right there!” called one of the guards.

*Damn! I thought I lost all of them!* He heard a bunch of footsteps follow in behind the guard. Slowly, he turned around. There were at least 10 guards waiting to capture him.

Mingyu rummaged his mind to come up with ideas to help him escape from this terrible predicament. *Come on Mingyu, you have your father’s brains. Think!* Suddenly, a thought struck him and he forced on one of his big, cheesy smiles. He tapped his face with one hand and looked up at the blue sky, “My, my, today is such a nice day. Look at this, the clouds are out, you are all here…” he gestured to all of the guards as if their presence made all of this ten times more magnificent. “And we’re all together, isn’t that so amazing?”

Despite Mingyu’s attempt to fool the guards, the leader was not impressed. “Get him,” he ordered them.

Just as they were about to rush to the Prince, Mingyu quickly held out his hand and yelled out, “S-stop! O-okay. I’ll stop playing around after this. Just let me show you guys one more magic trick and I’ll stop. Just one more.” He held out a finger with pleading eyes.

The guards glanced nervously back at their leader, waiting for his command.

The leader gnawed onto his bottom lip. He glanced up at the sky, and saw that the sun will be setting soon. Then his eyes flickered back to the Prince who gave him warm puppy eyes. *This kid has been living for 97 years, and he still won’t seem to grow up! Oh what the heck.* “Fine, but let it be quick. We have to you back to the King and Queen right after."

*YESSS* Mingyu beamed. “Alright, one of you guys there, throw me a rock.”

One of the guards, with long hair and curly eyebrows picked up a rock from his feet. He was just about to throw the rock when the leader cleared his throat. The guard looked at him and saw the threat in his eyes. *You throw that rock at the Prince, and I will slay you.*

The guard gulped and cautiously approached the Prince, who rolled his eyes and scoffed.

Whether a hundred years, thousand years or a million years have passed, the old fashion rules on Planet Diamond will always remain the same. Despite their technological advances and discoveries through the past millennium, the people on Planet Diamond remained loyal to the old fashion ideology of superior hierarchy. If you had royal blood, you will never suffer a day in your life. The people of Planet Diamond lived to serve the Royal family. Whatever they wanted, they received it.

To the people of Planet Diamond, the Royal family was a gift from the Gods.

You see in each generation, there was a scientific genius born in the Royal family. Mingyu’s Great Great Great grandfather invented the first time-machine. His great great grandfather invented the first cellular phone device to light up in a holographic image whenever a call was made. His great grandfather invented the first machine to take you travelling to every planet in the universe, though that aircraft was only given to trained scientists for their biological studies. His grandfather invented a watch that can make a person disappear. All you needed to do was strap it on and tap the button on the side of the watch and wait. You may be able to see yourself, but no one else can.

 Mingyu’s father, the current King, was not an inventor but he was a genius scientist who excelled in chemistry, biology and physics. He was a professor at the Palace, and taught many of the young nobles and scholars on what Life Beyond the Universe really was. Despite how smart the King was, he never had the passion to invent. He was more of an observer of the Universe, than a doer.

Meanwhile, the scientific gene seemed to have skipped Mingyu completely. The only thing he could do was compel Humans to forget their memories, which is no biggie because everyone on Planet Diamond could do it. It wasn’t anything special when you were immune to something.

While he may hate science, learning, and just about anything that had to do with being studious he did however, have one hobby: Pranks. It wasn’t very common for somebody to joke around the Palace but since Mingyu was born, there have been more comical days than there were serious days. The Palace hasn’t been at peace for a long time, and keeping Mingyu seated still was his parent’s hardest job.

Mingyu loved playing pranks on people a little too much, whether you were a guard, a servant, his friend or family. He pranked everybody and anybody with no mercy in his heart. Mingyu was always reading up on Human magician tricks to see what he could learn next. There was never a day where he didn’t mess with somebody—today included.

And the best thing about doing all of this was that Mingyu was well aware that no one can do it back to him. That's one of the perks of being a Prince.

Once the guard came over, Mingyu snatched the rock from the guard and held it between his palms. “Okay, you see this? It’s stuck between my hands right?”

Everyone nodded, eyeing the rock that was squished in his hands. Mingyu’s eyes glistened in entertainment. His fingers overlapped each other and then he squeezed his hands twice before releasing it. He held out his hand and everyone took a step forward to see what happened.

“The rock is gone!” Pointed out one of the guards. His mouth wide in shock. A loud gasp emitted from the crowd and excited chatters came from all around.

“Alright, now everybody turn to your leader. Don’t look back at me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter