FIfty Eight

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 1 - KWILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bmQWjq4DYM

TWO YEARS LATER

Picking up your purse, you took one last glance around your office. “I didn’t forget anything right? The computer is turned off, the printer is off, all the files that were needed for Monday were on the top right corner of the desk...” You whispered to yourself.

After shutting the lights in your office, you closed the door and headed down the hallway. The secretary Claire bowed her head in your direction. “Oh, there’s a gentleman out at the front waiting for you Ms. Shin.”

You smiled, sending her a quick wink. “Thanks Claire, have a wonderful weekend. I’ll see you Monday.” You headed out the glass door, and smiled at the gentlemen in front of you. 

Kris straightened up when you came closer and enveloped you in a tight hug. He placed a soft kiss on the top of your head. “Hey birthday girl!”

You rolled your eyes, chiding like a mom, “You didn’t have to come all the way here to pick me up. I would’ve ubered myself and met you at the restaurant.”

“It’s your birthday. I’m not going to make you uber anywhere.” Kris led you to the passenger seat where he opened the door for you. “This will be the only day where you can treat me like I’m your chauffeur. Got it?”

You chuckled, tossing back your signature bangs. As Kris shut the door, you couldn’t help but look at yourself through the rear view mirror.  The years have changed you greatly. After moving to Vancouver and establishing your own Art and business firm, you began to get a lot of offers from fashion designers for your spunky attitude and upbeat personality. Together, with your artistic abilities, you were able to help design Gucci and Versace’s latest shoe and hand bag line for their Fall collection.

It was hard to imagine how different life would be if you had remained in Seoul. Two years ago, you wore dark colours and had striking pink hair. These days you found yourself wearing pastel colours and digging brown locks.

You still sported your bob cut and sarcastic humour with you everywhere you went though. At least that was one thing you were never going to change about yourself.

“Alright, enough admiring of yourself. Eyes on me, got it? The iest man in Vancity.” joked Kris.

“I honestly wonder why women aren’t fawning over you…” you teased back.

Kris choked back on his laughter. “You’re so rude. Get out.” He pointed with his finger to the direction of the door, but he was only joking.

Today was your birthday and Kris had taken the liberty to map out where to eat. He booked up Saku for the night because he knew how much you loved the torched pressed salmon sushi there and aburi samplers. When you and him arrived, everyone was already waiting inside the restaurant for you two.

The servers held the door open for you and Kris, while Chanyeol came running straight towards you. “HAPPY BIRTH—EH?!”

You saw him coming, but you swerved to the right. Instead, you ran straight towards Yenny. You scooped the one year old baby girl from her Dad’s arms. “Yenny!!! Auntie missed you so much!” You cooed into her ears.

Sehun looked down at his empty arms. “You’re lucky I didn’t bring Minhee here with me or else she would’ve scolded you for ignoring me.”

“Okay, listen here Sehun, you were the maknae but spots have been taken now. You’re not special anymore.” You said as you stared at the adorable baby who giggled as you bounced her in your arms. She looked so much like Sehun!

Sehun made a face. “If I had known my daughter was the highlight of the night, I would’ve left her back in Alaska with her mom.”

You chuckled and handed Yenny reluctantly back to her father. You gave Sehun a peck on the cheek and thanked him for coming. From behind, you felt Chanyeol jump on you as he clung to you closely. Ever since the yacht incident a few years back, Chanyeol had made it his mission to stick to you like glue. By the time you made it to the table, everyone yelled out happy birthday. There were balloons and pictures of you all imprinted onto the balloons.

After everyone sat down and got their orders in, conversation began to flow amongst all of you. Most of it was about Yenny, who has now become one of the new favourites amongst all of you. Who would’ve known that not only was Sehun the first to get married, but was also the first to become a Daddy? Although around you, he was still a child. But with his daughter, he had a habit of becoming someone twice his age whenever she began crying. It was probably the Daddy duty within him.

Throughout the dinner, Sehun rocked her back and forth on his lap because he didn’t want to leave her in the buggy while you all ate.

When the food came out, cameras all came out to capture you eating your first bite of the birthday meal and then conversation slowed a bit as everyone began to eat theirs.

Suho, who sat across from you, wiped his lips. “How are you liking the meal Hari?”

You smiled and put both your thumbs up. “I love this place. You have to make to try the torched salmon when it comes out. It’s amazing!”

“Have you tried the salmon ceviche here?” wondered Luhan.

You smiled and nodded. “It’s good, but not as good as the Mexican style ceviche. Next time when you’re in town, I’ll take you to my favourite place.”

“That sounds like a promise. Don’t forget eh,” winked Luhan.

You nodded in promise and took a sip of your sangria.

“Sooooo…” Xiumin cleared his throat and took a sip of his sangria as well before asking. “Have you spoken to Kai recently?”

Silence suddenly fell upon the table as everyone waited nervously for your response. Ever since the incident, you have been keeping mum on the ordeal. You forced on a smile, easing some of the tension. “Well I spoke to his lawyer the other day and they think the judge may shorten his sentence by five years.”

“Oh, that’s good!” exclaimed Tao, as he shoved a piece of nigiri in his mouth. “How much years was it before?”

You cleared your throat again and coughed. “Uh… twenty.”

“Twenty?!” Baekhyun, D.O, and Chen made a face.

“Hey, hey,” Yixing reminded. “As Kai’s friends, we are not judging him at all. You three should be ashamed of yourself for not visiting your friend.”

The three of them glanced down guiltily knowing that Yixing had been right. The only people who’ve been visiting Kai in prison was Hari, Kris and Wongeun. Unfortunately, since the incident, Hari had forgotten everything that had happen from post-traumatic disorder and Wongeun spent most of his days tracking down the remaining Blood Dragon members.

“Wongeun hyung!” Sehun perked up, as he held up Yenny’s small arm to wave.

Wongeun came strutting in, wearing a navy blue suit. He came in holding a small gift bag and flowers. “Sorry for being late!” he huffed slightly. “I rushed off the plane and got to my hotel 30 minutes ago. It’s a little la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter