Thirteen

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEAUTIFUL TARGET - B1A4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNUSXFSJic

---

Mingyu found himself walking down the streets of Hongdae, confused by what a maze it was, but awe-struck at the same time by how beautiful everything was. There was just so much lively music going around from every corner of the street, coming from either a small band of young teenagers bundled up in jackets and scarves trying to show off their talents to boom boxes set up outside people’s shops to lure tourists inside. There were kids his age coming from all around, shopping, going on dates, or just casually strolling in the winter wonderland as they chatted with each other. Mingyu decided Hongdae was one of his favourite places because there was so much culture and art all around him, he practically fed off the good vibes coming from here.

He never expected to see any of this on Earth, he just assumed that whatever was portrayed in the movies back at home was what Earth was like, but boy was he wrong. Earth was nothing like what he thought it would be, it was so much more brighter and charming. He couldn’t even begin to imagine what the other parts of Earth were like.

As he looked around for any Help wanted signs, Mingyu could see four very familiar faced girls. Despite that there was snow falling from the sky, the four of them wore miniskirts adorned with a jacket that looked a size too small for them. Mingyu wasn’t exactly immune to the cold, but he could tolerate it well enough. But seeing the four of them in their miniskirts made him shiver, as if he was suddenly hit with a brutal chill going down his back.

Before he could turn around and avoid all social contact with them, he heard Jina call out his name.

*Damn! I should have just went home and waited for Hari. Why did I insist on going job hunting without her?* Mingyu mentally scolded himself and walked faster, but it was no use, the girls had caught up with him. He had no idea how that was possible considering that he had longer legs than them, but he was ambushed and could not move. A couple of hands wrapped themselves around his arms and he glanced down at his captors.

Sooyoung battered her eyelashes up at Mingyu, while Jina clung to him so tightly; it looked as if she was trying to get a whiff of his scent.

“Mingyu! What a great surprise to see you here,” exclaimed Sooyoung. She really did look happy to see him.

Jina glanced around and then smirked at him, tracing his arm with her slender fingers, “Are you here by yourself? Aww, that’s so sad. Come, we will play with you, baby.”

Mingyu shuddered in disgust at the pet name. He took a step back as he wiggled out of their grasps and smiled nervously, “Uh, sorry ladies but I am bit too busy right now. Maybe another time.”

Kaitlyn, who Mingyu never really noticed from the beginning, played with the ends of her black hair and crossed her arms. “What’s that thing you’re holding down there?” She meant the folder he was holding that carried his resumes.

“Aww, Mingyu,” cooed Jina as she reached out to pinch the end of his nose. “Are you trying to look for a job?” Mingyu’s eyes widened in surprise and flashed her a look, to which she grinned angelically at. What the hell was her problem? Why was she being so close to him for? He didn’t even need to know what her thoughts were, seeing that sleazy look in her eyes told him everything he was suspecting.

Hara, who had been quiet all this time, spoke up while popping her pink bubblegum, “If you need a job, I can easily get you one. My uncle works in an entertainment company and he is always willing to hire young, good looking guys like you.”

Something was telling Mingyu not to trust what she was saying. Mingyu might be new to Earth, but he wasn’t stupid. No matter how many times he told Joshua that he was a hidden genius, Joshua would never believe him. If only Josh was here with him now. He would be so proud of Mingyu for reading between the lines. Mingyu waved his hands, “Nah, it’s okay. I kind of want to stick with retail.” To be honest, he had only learned that word today. *Thank god for Hari, I have to go home and give her a big thank you.*

The girls looked disappointed at his answer and then exchanged looks with each other, to signal someone to say something to stop him from leaving.

But Mingyu was not having it. He would rather sit in a two hour lecture about biomass and chemicals than hang out with these four trouble makers. He brushed the girls off him and backed away, “Thanks for your help though girls… um, so I’ll catch you at school?” He spun around, but Sooyoung held onto him fast. Now he was definitely getting annoyed. He gnashed his teeth together and glanced down in irritation at her hand on his sleeve. He hated when people thought they were friends with him and acted comfortable around him, it was such a burden.

“Mingyu—”

A flash of pink glossed over Mingyu’s eyes, and he spoke quietly so that only Sooyoung heard him. She stared back at him, entranced by the encounter. “I want you to turn around and be a good girl and pretend you never saw me. Okay, Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung, who was hypnotized by his glowing pink orbs, nodded slowly. She turned around and walked away first, leaving her friends confused by what had just happened.

“Sooyoung-ah! Where are you going?” screamed Jina, but Sooyoung just kept walking away, further and further.

Hara knitted her eyebrows together and tried to stop Sooyoung, but she wouldn’t even listen.

“At least wait for us!” Kaitlyn called in outrage.

Mingyu’s eyes recovered back to it’s normal colour and exhaled in exhaustion. Today had been a long day, and the sky hadn’t even darkened yet. He had his arms crossed as he watched the girls running after Sooyoung. This had been his first time trying to compel an Earthling and he wasn’t sure if it was going to work because he hadn’t been meditating lately, but to his surprise, Sooyoung was compelled.

Once they were out of sight, Mingyu was able to relax again. *Alright, it’s time to really get serious about job hunting.* With a determined hope, Mingyu continued to walk down the streets and search for his deam job.

---

LIKE A STAR - TAEYEON & THE ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIKlrQ-r2xc

Mingyu wasn’t sure how long he had been walking, but seeing that the shops were all closed down by now, must have meant that he had been walking for an extremely long time. He wasn’t even sure when it had happened, but somehow during all this walking, the sun had finally set. The streets looked visibly emptier, and not many cars were in sight. He had only applied to one place today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter