Twenty Two

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OASIS - CRUSH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOfCKcB4Bk

Mingyu rushed home after school. He didn’t stop to talk to his friends, he even made sure to push past the four witches who drove him insane every day at school to make sure he wasn’t going to miss Hari. There was no way in hell he was going to miss out on seeing Hari getting all dressed up and dolled for wherever she was going.

Luckily, he was able to get past rush hour and made it home just on time to see her.

When he came through the doors, you had just stepped out of the washroom with the towel over your wet hair, staring blankly at Mingyu. As he collapsed to the floor, panting hard like he had just gotten home from a marathon, he lifted his gaze up to you with a drained look. Damn, since when did you become so damn cute? Just looking at you was bringing back his energy.

You crossed your arms over your chest, smiling down at him. “Someone clearly needs to start exercising more.  All that popeyes isn’t doing you no good, kiddo.” You reached down to wipe away the sweat, treating him like he was a baby.

Mingyu scowled, swiping your hand away from his face. He pulled himself together and stood up. He dashed his backpack to the corner, and fixed his uniform out. “Shouldn’t you, like, be getting ready to go?”

You frowned, “I should, but I don’t really want to.”

There was a visible sign of unhappiness crossing your features, making Mingyu curious. It didn’t seem like you wanted to go to this event at all. He nonchalantly walked over to the fridge and took out an apple as he asked, “Where are you supposed to go anyways?”

You started drying your hair with the towel, “My high school reunion dinner.”

“Ou, that sounds fun,” commented Mingyu. He took a big bite of the red apple and casually leaned against the counter as he spoke. “But why do I get the feeling that you are pretty bummed out about this?”

“Yeah… this is totally what I wanted to spend my evening doing,” you rolled your eyes. *Because being around rich elites and have them talk in front of my face is soooo great.* Mingyu could sense the sarcasm from your tone of voice and smiled in amusement, “Cheer up, noona. I’m sure it won’t be that bad… plus look at the dress that’s waiting for you to wear tonight. It’s going to be a great turn out, I bet. Come on,” Mingyu walked over to you and gently pressed his palm on the small back of your back. He urged you towards your room, “Go get ready.”

You turned back with a flat expression, “You just want me out the house so you can enjoy the evening here.”

“Yeah, because I’m that much of an to not want you here,” replied Mingyu. Given any circumstances that he had to undergo, Hari will always think he had other motives.

You swung around and pouted, “Hey, I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I’m just here for the end results,” said Mingyu. He didn’t give you the chance to speak because just as you were about to raise your fist and open your mouth, he had closed the door between you two.

A big smile formed on his lips, now… all he had to do was wait.

While he waited for you, Mingyu opened his laptop and started typing down all the things that he had learned about Earth on his wordpad. He could have done a voice journal, and send it directly to his parents, but voice journals were awkward. There was something weird and uncomfortable about talking to a watch, even if he used his watch for 99% of his living. But there was a difference between talking to a watch and giving it a demand, and honestly, a watch isn’t a person. He couldn’t just talk to an inanimate object like it was a person. Watches don’t have feelings and they certainly cannot give Mingyu feedback, not the way Hari does.

About an hour later, you stepped out of your room.

You had finished all of your glam tonight, going all out on your make up and spraying on your favourite Chloe perfume. You even wore the infamous bebe heels that Kris had bought for you in high school. You didn’t really like wearing heels, because you were already tall enough, but since this was once in a life time kind of thing, you figured you would make Kris happy by wearing it out tonight. He always seemed to complain that you didn’t like wearing the things he bought you.

Just like the other day when you sent him a photo text of the dress you wore, all he said in return was:

‘What about the hundred other dresses I bought you?’ – K.W

While Chanyeol texted you:

‘Beautiful girl, can’t wait to see you tomorrow night. It’s been too long, Hari<3 btw shot4shot like old times?’ – Chanyeol Park

Maybe one day you would wear Kris’s dresses. (Although his taste in fashion was a bit on the risqué side. Sure you loved showing legs, but cleavage? Not so much.)

As you snapped out of your reverie, you glance down to see Mingyu with his head on the table while his other hand was lying over the keyboard. It looked as though he was trying to type down an essay but had gotten tired halfway and somehow managed to fall asleep with his hands on the keys. A soft look glazed over your eyes as you stared at the sleeping blue haired Prince. His hands had been on the keys for so long, that on at least ten pages there were an infinite amount of ‘zxxxxzzzzzz’.

You bent down and when you lifted his hands off the keys, Mingyu’s eyes fluttered open. He blinked several times before adjusting them to the light, and seeing you in front of him. The blood rushed to his cheeks as he noticed that your face was just inches away from his. His heart shaped lips formed into a small O as his eyes darted to your glossy lips and then back to the sparkles that were glistening on your eyelid.

*Damn, she looks so beautiful… I can’t stop looking at her.* Mingyu’s brown eyes grew warm and gentle as they smiled at you.

You could feel your heartbeat skipping quickly in your chest as you two locked gazes. But still, instead of staying frozen, you beamed radiantly at the sleepy Prince. You offered him your hand, to which he took immediately as you pulled him up with all your strength. You were going to let go, but Mingyu spun your hand as if you were a ballerina, his eyes scanning every inch of you.

“Well, how do I look?”

Mingyu could not believe how lucky he was to know someone as beautiful as you. Before he could even think through his words, he blurted out, “You are beautifully gorgeous, and even with those two words added together, it somehow still seems like an understatement to describe how you look.”

“I know, I might have probably exaggerated on the make up a little bit,” you blushed, breaking eye contact with him. The way Mingyu was looking at you made your entire body heat up in embarrassment, which was strange. Why were you feeling so goddamn shy for?

Before Mingyu could say anything else, you heard your cellphone ring. “Oh… Kai.” You rushed into your room.

Mingyu’s eyes widened slightly, hearing the name Kai made his bones turn cold. *So her date is that douchebag? … he better treat her right tonight, or else I will let myself be known in front of him.*

When you came back out, you had on a long white peacoat and your gold clutch. “Alright Mingyu…. I’ll see you later?”

Try as he might to look unconcerned with how your night was going to go, Mingyu nodded with a forced smile. “Have fun Hari. Eat a lot.”

“I will…” You bit your lip and hesitated by the door. Overwhelmed by the sadness of leaving Mingyu, you skipped over to Mingyu and hugged him. “Thank you so much for the dress Mingyu, I love it so much. Make sure you tell your friends I said thank you, too. Okay?” You pulled apart and pecked him on the cheek.

Mingyu’s mouth grew so wide at what had just happened that it felt like had just gotten a slap to the face. Either he wanted to faint, puke, or cry. He wasn’t sure which one he wanted to do first.  *Maybe faint. Fainting sounded like the best option for me right now…* He touched his face, deep in shock at the euphoria that he was feeling.

You smiled, tenderly ruffled his hair and left the house without a glance back to see the blushing Prince.

---

Once you were strapped in, Kai started the gas of his newest car of the week towards the banquet hall where the dinner was held. Although it was dark, you could see him wearing a gold tie. Hey, at least he matched something of yours.

“Missed you Hari,” said Kai, running one hand through your hair as he drove. You smiled, happy to hear that. “I’m surprised you didn’t flop on me.”

Kai feigned offense by scoffing. “You have that little faith in me. I see how you are, Hari. Is this what happens when you become a true artist? I know they can be a little picky, but damn, girl give your BFF some faith.”

You laughed. As he drove, your eyes would occasionally drift over to look at him. He had his hair up tonight, slicked back, showing off his perfect round forehead and nicely shaped eyebrows. “You look good tonight, Kai.”

Kai smirked, “Stop checking me out. I am embarrassed.”

You made a face, “Yeah… no one wants to check you out okay, buddy.”

Kai reached out and placed his hand over yours. He gave it a sweet squeeze as he pressed his foot against the break, flashing you those melt worthy brown eyes of his, “You look beautiful yourself. Aren’t I so lucky to have a best friend like you?”

You tossed your hair back with attitude and shrugged, “Finally you realize how perfect I am.” Of course you were joking, but it was nice hearing him call you beautiful. Sure you were fishing for his compliments, but his opinion mattered most to you. Nothing made you happier than to hear him call you beautiful.

“I always knew,” replied Kai, his voice sincere and earnest as he looked at you.

*Oh no, don’t look at me like that. I’ll fall more in love with you, oh god.* You gulped, punching his arm and looking away. Kai laughed that low husky laugh of his and started driving again.

---

THIS GUY - DAZZLING RED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP69vjcWYQc

By the time you two arrived at the banquet, all the past Pledis High students were just beginning to pile in. Some were outside smoking, preparing for the long night that awaited them while some were squealing with joy, since it was the first time in a couple of years since they have last saw each other. You heard a lot of screams and squeals and OMG coming from the front as you made your way inside, but none of them were directed your way. Sad as it was, not many people in your high school had liked you.

What was even more depressing was the fact that every now and then someone would see Kai and yank him out of your reach. You didn’t mind being alone, but being alone surrounded by these people and waiting for him to come back was the biggest mood killer. It had been years since high school was over for all of you, but judging from the dirty looks you were receiving, all of these people remained the same.

At one point, Kai had had enough with what was going on. He reintroduced you, and people would often give you the same old reaction:

‘Oh, Hari. It’s you… You look good.’

Of course, they hadn’t meant jack in the compliments they tried to feed you, but it was considered an obligation since you were Kai’s best friend.

You were so over everything and ready for the champagne and red wine to bust open.

It wasn’t until you entered the main room where the buffet and seatings were when someone called out for you.

“HARIIIII!” You looked up at the lou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter