Forty Nine

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DEAN - WHAT 2 DO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3GZkxoZeU

Stretching your body, the immediate force of tension between your shoulder and neck made you wince in pain. Surprised by how weak you felt, your eyes blinked open, welcoming in the bright sight of the morning light spilling into your room. Damnit, I really ought to stop drinking so much. Considering how weak I am, I’m probably going to send myself into an early death. As you were about to cover your eyes and go back to sleep, the curious question as to how you arrived home startled you awake.

You sat right up, but that was a bad idea. Your eyes began to roll back, and the intense rush of a headache forced you back down in bed.

“Hey, gentle Hari, gently,” whispered the husky voice. The familiarity of it was all too close, and your body grew cold at once. You glanced over to where the voice came from and was struck blind to see Kai, seated on the floor, staring worriedly at you.

“What’re you doing?” you managed to croak out.

Kai’s lips lifted slightly in amusement, but there was a certain look in his eyes that made all the bones in your body grow cold. “You don’t remember do you? Last night you were so drunk, I took you home. You know you shouldn’t be out drinking like that, especially when it was just you and another girl. It’s unsafe.”

“Oh my god…” You whispered. MINGYU! They must have met path. Where is Mingyu? You got out of bed, with Kai holding on your elbow.

“Where are you going? Stay in bed and I will get you what you need.”

“Where is…” Your voice trailed off without saying Mingyu’s name. You shifted out of Kai’s reach, and opened the door in search for Mingyu. To no surprise, you saw Mingyu sitting at the dining table with a cup of warm tea and his laptop open.

“Mingyu…” you whispered.

Unlike his usual friendly demeanour, the alien Prince did not look up at you, but kept his eyes steadied on his screen.

“Good morning Mingyu,” you said, carefully walking over to where he was sitting.

With all his might, he tried not to raise his voice and lifted his head to study you. Judging from your appearance he could already tell you were hungover. “Morning.”

You turned back to see Kai standing protectively behind you, his arms wrapped around his chest as he studied your interaction. “Uh, Kai. You can go home now, sorry if I kept you up.”

His eyes softened slightly but he shook his head, “No. I’m not leaving yet, I have some things to ask you about.”

Mingyu narrowed his eyes at the ballsy statement, but did not huff a single word in fear that he would do something he would regret. There were no words to describe the amount of fury he was harbouring inside of his body, but judging from the heat that he felt in his chest, he knew if he said one wrong thing, a fight would most likely occur.

“Uh… well do you mind if I have a private moment with Mingyu? Just for a bit?” You pleaded.

Why the does she need his approval to speak to me? Who the am I to her? Mingyu taunted his jaw and focused on the screen in front of him. A thousand angry curse words forming inside of his head.

Reluctantly, Kai backed away and went into your room, shutting the door with him.

As soon as he went in, you went straight to Mingyu’s side and sat next to him.

“Okay I know you’re mad—”

“I think you’re currently underestimating just how angry I am right now with you,” growled Mingyu. The venom in his tone made you shrink your arm back. He had never spoken to you this way before, and for the first time since you had known him, there was no softness in his eyes. Only anger.

“I honestly didn’t call him up, Mingyu. I swear. I don’t even know what the hell happened—”

“Hari, I’ve been here for you ever since we first met. You had been a great friend to me, and I’m so thankful for that… but I can’t keep playing the stupid card. I can’t keep being here for you only to know that my heart is going to be broken in the end. I can’t… wait for you, knowing that your heart is still with someone like that.”

“No, no, it’s not. I’m not in love with him anymore. I swear.” You tried to reach for his hand but he pulled it away before you could. Your heart dropped like an anvil, feeling the anxiety beginning to creep into your chest.

Mingyu shook his head, the eyes underneath is bag conveying the physical tiredness that he had. “I defied my family to be with you and to love you. And I know you met him first, and I know about your history so I can see why it’s so hard to let him go… But I want you to know that I don’t want to be your second option. I want to be your first… but I know it can’t happen. We don’t belong together.”

“Mingyu, I love you. I’m sorry I couldn’t say it sooner, but you know I—”

“No, you don’t. If you did, you would have came to me first. You wouldn’t have to hide me from your friends, you wouldn’t have to ask him for permission to speak to me, and you would have not kept him in your life. You know he’s toxic for you, and yet, despite all the pain he made you feel, you kept him around and I can’t respect that.”

Tears had already began spilling down your face, and it broke Mingyu’s heart for speaking so roughly to you but he had no choice. He wanted everything off his chest. He no longer wanted to be your back up. If he couldn’t be the first for you, then that was fine with him. He didn’t want to fight in a battle where he knew he would be losing.

Hearing the heated exchange from your room, Kai burst out i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter