Seven

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INFINITE - THE CHASER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXmhKapmCI

---

Just as you expected, the trail inside the forest was bumpy and filled with lots of hidden holes that you couldn’t see. Since it was winter, there were a lot of slippery slopes along your path and having Mingyu drag you across the forest like a puppet didn't help one bit. After numerous occasions of tripping, Mingyu couldn't take it anymore and decided upon himself to just bend down and piggyback you for the rest of the way. For someone who waitressed with such ease whilst holding two trays filled with large bowls of noodles, he couldn't understand how you could struggle so hard with just walking against a wet ground. Instead of making a smart reply like you usually did, you kept quiet and did as you were told. If he were to ask you if you were scared, you were definitely going to reply with the truth.

“Maybe just a little bit.”

But Mingyu didn’t ask you anything, and you a part of you guessed that he already knew the answer without even needing to ask.

After a couple of miles of walking through the forest, Mingyu tapped his watch and turned off the invisible shield. Once he heard the click inside the watch, he knew you two were now visible to the world again. He carefully set you down on the ground and straightened out his back. You looked around the dark vicinity, seeing nothing but the haunting trees that surrounded you both. Your eyes flickered upwards and saw no sign of the moon or the sky for that matter.

Mingyu turned to face you. The glint of pink in his eyes returned as he smiled at you. “Okay, now you really can’t back out of here.”

“Wasn’t dreaming of it.” You replied dryly as you stood a little bit closer to Mingyu than you had intended and stuffed your hands in your pockets. It was colder in the forest than it was outside in the city. Even the clouds of smoke coming out from your breath seemed heavier.

Mingyu chuckled at your response. “Okay… here we go.” He lifted his wrist and mumbled something to his watch. From what you could hear, you were sure that he was speaking to what sounded like a mixture of Arabic and Thai words put together. Although you weren’t a language master, you were sure that he wasn’t saying anything in Arabic or Thai.

A few seconds went by and nothing happened. You weren’t sure what you were anticipating, but when the ground started to violent shake underneath you, you quickly held onto Mingyu’s arm for support. Your heart trembled in fear and you gripped onto him firmly.

“What the is going on?!” You cried in fear. An earthquake was happening, but there were no sounds of screams coming from anyone in the area but yourself. Mingyu was calm and collective with his arms crossed, unfazed by what was happening. “DO YOU NOT REALIZE WE ARE GOING TO DIE RIGHT NOW, KIM MINGYU?”

Mingyu glanced down and saw that you really were frightened. He started to chortle at your outburst. “I forgot to mention this…”

You threw a look at him. “Forgot to mention what?!” Before Mingyu could answer, the ground that was shaking beneath you was starting to split wide open. Out of instinct, you hugged onto Mingyu for dear life. As he took one step back, so did you.

From out of the ground, you could see something starting to rise up. The first thing you saw was a large dome shaped white roof and as it slowly transcended upwards, you felt your eyes bugging out wider and wider. You have seen many aircrafts before, but this one took the cake. At first it looked like a lop sided egg, but the more it came out, the more you could see that it wasn’t just an egg shaped thing, it was an actual rocket.

Your hands flew to your mouth and you gawked at Mingyu with wide eyes.

The ground stopped shaking once it finally came out. Mingyu took a step forward and touched the rocket as if it was his pet. “Meet my best friend, Rocky. Isn’t he such a beauty?”

You couldn’t believe what you were seeing. Mingyu had been telling the truth all along. Your body felt weak as you stared at the two foreign objects in front of you. How could it be possible for Mingyu to travel so many light years away to get to Earth? Not to mention, why hasn’t any scientists from Earth ever discovered planet Diamond before? How could you, of all people, be the first person on Earth to discover an alien? And why didn’t he have a big forehead and eyes? And why wasn’t he green?

This alien in front of you went by the name of Kim Mingyu and was a Prince.

What the ?

You gave yourself a tough slap on the face in hopes that this was just a horrific nightmare that you couldn’t wake up from. Once you heard the loud clap, and the sting that came quickly after, your shoulders went rigid.

“And I always thought I was the crazy one,” remarked Mingyu, his eyebrow raising as he judged you.

You glanced down to where the rocket had come from and realized that that must be some sort of secret hideout that had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter