Fourty Six

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BLOOD SWEAT TEARS - BTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q159t_RYKsY

Mingyu awoke with his whole body hurdling upwards. As if he had been electrocuted back to life, his eyes were popped wide open with his hair in disarray as he studied the unfamiliar room he was in. It wasn’t until he realized he was on the floor with a pair of probing eyes staring from upwards did he calm down and remember where he was.

Vernon was eating popcorn early in the morning, his elbow propped on his bed as he laid his head against his palm. “Good morning sunshine.”

Mingyu groaned tiredly, feeling the rays of the sun peaking between the curtains blind him. Running a hand through his hair to smooth out the mess, he asked in a very hoarse voice, “What time is it?”

“Early enough to start your day but late enough to miss school,” replied Vernon with a snicker.

“I should probably go home,” sighed Mingyu.

“Yeah, you probably should birthday boy. You had one too many shots last night with a side order of vomit, you might need some scrubbing to get rid of the bad stench you’re wearing,” suggested Vernon as he shoved a mouthful of popcorn inside his mouth.

Sniffing his shirt, Mingyu looked at his friend with surprised eyes. “Really?”

Vernon started to crack up and shook his head, “Nah, I just want you to get the out so I can e.”

“Thanks for the info, bro,” muttered Mingyu, his face turning into a grimace upon hearing it. With a shake of his head, Mingyu stood up and went straight to the washroom. After washing his face and rinsing his mouth with water and spitting out last night’s mess, he went back to the room to find Vernon in the same position.

“Heading off now,” said Mingyu.

Without a second to lose, Vernon bounced off his bed, placed his bag of popcorn on the nightstand and the two boys made their way down the stairs. While Mingyu was tying up his shoe lace, Vernon placed a hand on his friends shoulder. The playful expression he had worn earlier vanished, and was now replaced with a gentler look. “Don’t be too mad at noona, alright? I’m sure she has a reason for not showing up yesterday.”

Mingyu had actually forgotten about what happened last night up until now. Trying his hardest not to look too miffed, he nodded his head and gave a small shrug. “I’m not mad. Things happen and people can’t always work their ways around the schedule, but you can’t blame them for it.”

“Do you actually mean that or you’re just bullting so I can shut up?”

Cracking a smile, Mingyu stood up and stared at his friend with an unreadable expression. “Both.” He clasped both his hands on his friends shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze, thanking Vernon for the hospitality in taking him home for the night. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow, Vern. Catch you later!” Waving off his friend, Mingyu skipped down the steps, leaving Vernon with an everlasting image of him in good spirits for the day so that he wouldn’t need to worry too much.

Once he turned the corner and was no longer in Vernon’s peripheral view, Mingyu’s shoulders slumped down and a frown came upon his lips. After drinking his heart out last night, he woke up feeling void of his emotions. He knew he was upset, but after hearing Kai’s voice on the other end, he couldn’t help but try to rationalize with himself and remind himself that something extremely important must have come up. Hari was not the type of person to just cancel plans without having a good reason to do so, and after living with her after all these months, Mingyu had come to know her all too well.

Once Mingyu caught the bus, he closed his eyes, wondering to himself how on earth he was going to face Hari. Though he tried to come up with reasons as to why Hari had not shown up, it didn’t prevent him from feeling the thin layer of jealousy in his heart for her choosing to be with Kai for the evening. The image of her hand holding Kai’s, with a smile on her face as they talked amongst each other intimately over dinner broke Mingyu’s heart and he squeezed his fist tightly, hoping that that wasn’t the case at all. Time and time again, Mingyu had warned Hari about Kai so there should be no reason for her to fall back in love with a man like him.

In the midst of his thoughts, Mingyu had idly got off his stop and headed towards the house. It wasn’t until he was closer to the house did he notice someone slumped over in front of the door with their eyes closed and mouth wide open.

“What the hell…. Is that noona?!” Mingyu eyes grew as big as saucers, and in less than a nano second, he rushed on over.

Stooping down, he began to shake you gently. “Noona! What are you doing sitting here?!”

Startled by the frightened voice, you woke instantly, “W-wha?” It took a minute until recognition crossed your features and your heart swelled up with joy. You threw your arms around Mingyu’s neck and began sobbing loudly. “OH MY GOD MINGYU! I-I THOUGHT YOU LEFT EARTH AND I WASN’T GOING TO EVER SEE Y-YOU AGAIN. YOU SCARED ME! W-WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!”

“Why are you crying?!” Mingyu demanded, though his face flushed bright pink at how tight you were hugging him to you.

“BECAUSE I-I THOUGHT I WAS NEVER GOING TO SEE YOU AGAIN. I-I THOUGHT YOU LEFT ME!”

As you sobbed against his neck, Mingyu felt all the jealousy and sadness he felt previously disappear. Instead, he hugged you tightly against him and rocked you affectionately from side to side. “Silly goofball, I would never leave… without giving you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter