Fifty Seven

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SAFETY ZONE - DMTN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Z6Ei54MAs

Kai flew to the ground as one man kicked him square in the chest.

The fight had begun with guns and machetes, but with all the bullets gone, Kai had proposed a duel to the death with fists. Only a real man would fight without guns and Kai was a man who loved his challenges more than triumphs.

It was a tough fight considering there was five left amongst the bunch. If it weren’t for his precise dodging skills, he would have been dead by now. Each time he struck someone with his fist, the higher he felt. It wasn’t the sort of high, but just a good enough fix to keep his blood pumping.

He expertly slid from side to side. Kai was just about to grab one of the men by the hair and yank him to the edge of the yacht when he felt an unexpected kick to his lower back.

Before one of the men can land a stomp on his face, Kai rolled to the side, panting with all his might and getting up. Just as he straightened up, someone slugged a punch to his face, causing him to stumble back in shock. He felt his bottom lip burst in half and the buzzing pain numbing his lip. Blood began to gush out, but that didn’t stop him from landing his own punch at the man. He was beginning to grow tired, but the image of Hari waiting for him in the finish line pushed him to his limits. He tried his hardest to get through all of them, but there was just too many.

From behind he felt someone yank him by the collar and drag him downwards. They were all sweating and panting, but not as tired and bruised up as Kai. The one who had dragged him downwards began wrapping his hand around Kai’s throat, choking him. He could feel the younger man growing weaker below him and this was his chance to finish him off. Meanwhile on the other end, one of the men smirked, wiping off the sweat off his brow. He pulled out a pocket knife from his shoe and swung it open. I’m going to shut you up right now Kai. As he lifted his hand to put an end to this fight, a force more stranger than gravity knocked him out of his place. He slid right off the edge of the boat and fell into the dark blue water.

Seeing how grey Kai was turning, the man he had been choking grinned with delight. He raised his fist in the air, chuckling out loud at the pathetic child squirming underneath him. “Goodnight Kiddo—” Suddenly he was pulled back and flew right into one of the windows of the yacht.

The remaining three men who witnessed what had happened to their two comrades looked around in fear. Who did that? Who killed off Sungjoon? Who threw Yoonshin inside the window?

Kai remained panting on the floor, gripping onto his neck for dear life. Heavy panting came out of him as he struggled to sit upright. Just then, he saw a hand fly out in front of his face and in and instant, he was lifted upwards.

“You managed to mess up again with her eh.”

Kai let out a breath of disbelief. Across from him stood Mingyu, in an all black attire. Mingyu’s eyes were an inhuman pink as he glared at Kai.

“Where did you come from?” whispered Kai. Why is his eyes pink?

Mingyu stared at his rival in the face, feeling more disappointed than angry with Kai. If he had known this was what the stars had aligned for Hari, he would not have gone back to Planet Diamond so soon. Going back to the Planet had been one of the smartest decisions he had made, but at the very same time, one of the stupidest decision as well. His parents had been more than proud of his decision and were happy to know of all the wisdom he had gained from his travel to Earth. Him and his parents had never been closer. But to return without knowing what the stars were in store for Hari, he would have risked losing her forever.

“This is no setting for me to do such discussion,” gritted Mingyu. Kai took a note of the difference in the younger boy’s tone. It sounded years older from when they first came head to head, but that was merely a few months ago. Without a saying anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter