Twenty Five

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOLLOW ME - GOT7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgK9GgEYbLE

Mingyu casually took his time walking to school this morning.

There was a huge fuss going around, something to do with Valentine’s day, that had all the Earthling girls in his school on the edge of their toes. He was still not used to the googly eyes that he received from them, and even worse, with this ‘international holiday’ just right around the corner, he’s been a huge target that they’d been trying to track down all week. More and more girls were gaining more confidence trying to talk to him, but he would always brush them off or pass them off to Hoshi.

By far, Hoshi was probably the worst with women. He was awkward, shy and could never find words whenever he spoke to them. He had a terrible problem when it came to approaching women, which is why Mingyu was always trying to find him whenever he was stuck in a horrible predicament. The only girl that Hoshi was good with was Hari, but just about anybody was able to talk to Hari. She was just easy to talk to, and never forced a conversation. If you wanted to talk, she will talk to you. If you wanted to be left alone, she would leave you alone.

If only girls in his school understood that concept – talk when somebody wants to and leave when somebody wants you to.

As time went on, Mingyu found it hard for him to find girls in his school attractive. They were clingy, full of gossip and never had anything nice to say to each other.

Which is why, with Valentine’s day coming up, Mingyu was dreading what was going to happen. He had already heard all the conversations from the girls, their talks of confessions and chocolate and cake for him. No-ope. Especially, the four witches, Sooyoung, Hara, Jina and Kaitlyn, who plans on doing something elaborate for him to see who could be the one to win his heart. The thought of dating one of them made him cringe. The thought of even smiling at one of them made him cringe, and puke at the same time.

Mingyu knew he was great looking, but he didn`t realize his level of handsomeness would win the attention of this many Earthling girls. One girl is good, two is nice (but he would never), but more than three was just a hassle. If his parents wanted him to live a low key lifestyle on Earth, then forget it. There was no such thing as living quietly in Pledis High when you were rich, good looking or smart—once they find you, you’re basically on their list to stalk 24/7.

It’s a good thing Mingyu had chosen a good group of friends. They would joke constantly about Mingyu’s relationship about Hari, wondering if the two were dating yet, to which Mingyu would blush bright red and yell out, ‘Hell no!’ But that was it. They never pried on him, never asked about his family or how the job at the mechanic was doing, nothing. It was kind of like a golden rule amongst them. If someone doesn’t tell you something, then you don’t ask until they do.

For someone who raised such a riot back on Planet Diamond, Mingyu felt pretty damn proud of himself for being so quiet down on Earth. It’s not that he never had any of these qualities before, it’s just… being sent down to this unknown place somehow made him put up his guard. He trusted everyone on Planet Diamond simply because he knew that they had good intentions. While everyone on Earth… judging by the demeanour, he could tell not everybody had the same heart as Hari.

“GOOD MORNING MINGYU!” shrieks a familiar voice.

“Wait for us!” demanded another voice.

Speak of the devil. Mingyu almost pauses in his steps, but recognizing the voices, he instantly began to speed up. He didn’t bother to look back to know that it was Sooyoung chasing after him, with Kaitlyn, Hara and Jina in tow.

The bell was going to ring soon, and if he was late, all the seats would be taken and he would end up sitting with them again. No way was he going to let that happen. Mingyu went from a jog to a sprint real quick, making sure to push past every student in his way.

“MINGYU!” cries Hara, her breath coming out in heavy puffs as she tried to catch up with him.

“He’s so rude! He never ing waits for us!” complained Kaitlyn, her voice echoing from far away. Mingyu smiles defiantly as he breaks through the double doors, and lets out a breath of relief. The bell hadn’t rung yet so that he still had time to go to his locker. As Mingyu turned the corner, he caught sight of Vernon and Hoshi hanging by S.Coupe’s locker. He walked towards them, tired. “Morning guys.”

Hoshi eyes him and then frowns, “The witches again?”

Vernon and S.Coupe chortles loudly, amused with Mingyu’s constant struggle of trying to run away from them. It wasn’t funny being chased by desperate girls, but it was funny seeing Mingyu suffer.

“Why don’t you just tell them to off? It’s not that hard,” suggested S.Coupe as he slammed his locker shut.

Mingyu pouted, “I would, but that’s too mean. I can’t bring myself to be rude to girls.”

“If you want, I can take Hari out of your hands and you can have those four wonderful ladies,” smirked Vernon, a mischievous glint sparkled in his eyes.

Mingyu rolled his eyes, “Shut up. I don’t want any of those girls.”

“Aw boo,” S.Coupe shakes his head, “You’re just going to give Hari up like that?”

“I don’t mean Hari, I meant the four witches.”

Vernon’s smile grew wider as he clapped his friend on the shoulder, “I’m only half kidding. You know that, right?”

Before Mingyu could think of a bright come back, the bell rung. The hallway became a mess as students started to rush and push past each other to get to their classes. Mingyu groans. “, I am going to be stuck with those girls again.”

Hoshi kissed his teeth in shame, “, bro. Good luck trying to fend off the witches. Use your leg if you gotta.”

“We pray for your soul man,” said S.Coupe with two hands clasped together in a prayer.

Mingyu’s face grew long and sad, “See you guys at lunch.” He spun around, only to have some random guy hand out a flyer about Valentine’s to him. Mingyu looks at it, and then chucks it on the floor in annoyance.

His friends watched him in enjoyment. Hoshi delightfully accepted the flyer from his fellow peer while Vernon and S.Coupe declined the advertisement.

“What went up his ?” asked Hoshi.

“I don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter