Forty Five

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KIM WOOBIN - 내 머릿속 사진

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gGWW3oUJvU

The ride towards Nolbu was awkward, silent, and full of tension in the air. No one knew what to say, not even Kris. He had so many questions that were in store for you, yet the urge to speak had gone away the moment the three of you sat inside his car. He had sped off quickly into the other direction, taking a longer route towards Nolbu, as he tried to muster up his courage. He was anxious, worried and full of concern and knew that if he didn’t control himself properly, his words could end up making you hate them even more.

If there was one thing he had learned most about growing up with a bunch of guys and one girl, it was definitely the art of consideration. Being friends with guys was easy and care free—guys don’t care what you say to them. Girls, on the other hand, have to be spoken to differently. You have to think through what you want to say to and do to them before doing it, otherwise… the seal of hell will definitely rip right through.

Chanyeol on the other hand, spoke with whatever words he had on the top of his head hence why he was all sorts of fidgety when he sat next to you. He knew his mouth got him in trouble every time he spoke without thinking his words through, but he couldn’t help it. Once he was boiled up, there was no stopping the kettle from fuming. As the car ride wore on with silence, Chanyeol would throw a look your way every so often to see if you were as angry as he had expected you to be. However, once he had clasped the seat belt over you, you did not budge and kept your eyes glued to your side of the window, staring blankly out ahead at the darkening streets.

You looked too peaceful.

Catching Kris’s eyes in the rearview mirror, Chanyeol gulped. The look of serenity was all too much! She is literally driving me nuts.

Start it first.

No you!

No, you! This is your mess.

As the two exchanged eye contact, you let out a heavy sigh beside Chanyeol before slumping down your seat and closing your lids shut.

, she did it. She closed her eyes. Chanyeol mentally facepalmed himself, knowing this act of yours all too well. Back then, whenever you were seated in that position, that meant that you did not want to talk. No matter how hard the boys tried to, you did not open that mouth of yours. The only person who could ever get you to open your eyes with Kai, and he was not here right now.

Glancing up, Chanyeol could already read what Kris’s eyes were telling him.

You must talk to her once we arrive to Nolbu. You have no other choice.

With that silent understanding passing through them, Kris the volume to his radio and exhilarated on his engine.

---

The moment you three arrived at Nolbu, Kris was the first one to grab a room, while Chanyeol yanked you to the side of the Karaoke bar. Although the streetlights were dimly lit, you could see the evident pained expression that was etched all over Chanyeol’s face.

When a few seconds had gone by without him saying anything, you let out an annoyed groan and tried to walk away but instead, he pulled you into his arms. Surprised by what had happened, and still feeling somewhat emotional after the departure of Sehun, tears began to well up in your eyes. 

“I hate you, you know that right?” You mumbled into his neck.

Letting out a guilty sigh, Chanyeol nodded solemnly. “I’m sorry Hari, for what happened. I didn’t mean to upset you like that. You know how I get with you. I love you and that’s why I worry over you.”

Releasing a sigh of your own, you hugged him back. “I know, I’m sorry too… It’s just… been a hard few months for me, Yeol.”

“Talk to me about it, Hari. I’m here to listen, not make judgements.”

You pulled away, making sure you two were arms apart as you laughed at what had just been said, a look of accusation was on your face. “That’s exactly what you did last time though.”

“Come here,” Chanyeol pulled you right back into his arms and began petting your head gently. “As your so called best friend, it is my job to make sure you are okay Hari. The reason why I blew up the way I did at the restaurant was because of how secretive you were about this guy… and that’s not like you at all. The Hari I knew all this time would’ve told me in a heartbeat about everything going on her life… but since we’ve all left high school, everything just feels different. I know we are all on a different path, but that doesn’t mean we should stop telling each other everything.”

“Yeol… but you have to understand that sometimes in life we cannot tell our friends everything. There are things we have to keep to ourselves, and when the time is right, I will decide whether or not to tell you.”

“But why? What is it about this guy that you don’t want to tell us…? I understand that there comes a time in our lives where we cannot tell the people we care about everything that is going on in our life, but when someone you knew for so long begins to see someone new, different, out of our own group… I cannot help but put myself in between you two. I don’t want you to get hurt… I need to know that you are in good hands, Hari.”

You snorted loudly at the last sentence. “Since when have you become so wise Yeol? You don’t even tell me anything about the girls you date. The only secretive one is you, you mean.”

“What?! That’s only because it’s for adult ears and I can’t tarnish your purity by letting you in on my dirty deeds,” yelped Chanyeol. Seeing his reaction made you burst out in a fit of chuckles.

Hearing you laugh made his heart swell up with relief. As he gently tugged away, he stared down at your face and softly wiped away your tears. “It just hurt me a little that you didn’t tell me about him, but I guess… I need to accept that my little Hari is growing up too, right?”

“You make it sound like I’m ten years younger than you. Give me some credit Yeol, I’m the one who knows how to fight not you.”

Smiling, Chanyeol gave your head a gentle flick. He had so many more questions to ask, but with the mood going so well right now, he didn’t want to ruin it. Holding your hand tightly, he looked to you once more for confirmation. “Are we okay?”

You smiled back. “We are, as we always are, more than okay.”

Feeling comforted by your words, Chanyeol asked one more question. “Will the day come when you tell me more about this blue haired Mystery boy?”

You shrugged, tugging him towards the entrance of the Karaoke bar. “Maybe. If I have more time with him, then maybe I’ll let you in on the story.”

Chanyeol frowned jealously. “Will I still be your Yeollie?”

“Always.”

“Wait, am I still your Krissy?” said a voice out of nowhere. Glancing up at the tall figure, you  held your hand to your heart. “Where did you come from?! Good lord.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “You never come for the talks. It’s always me trying to mend things better.”

“I wasn’t at fault,” Kris blurted out.

You shrugged your shoulders. “Yeah… but you never said sorry. Only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter