Forty Seven

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOOMBOOM - SEVENTEEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzplmS-VeBc

Mingyu’s lips pulled into a small, tender smile as he watched you grasp his hand in yours, dragging and submerging him into the crowd of people in the subway. You hadn’t told him where the two of you were heading, and what you two were going to do, but seeing the look of hope on your face encouraged him to entrust in your decision.

Just being by your side is enough for me. I don’t want to imagine what it would feel like to be separated from you… Thought Mingyu, staring thoughtfully at you.

By now, the sun was beginning to set over the horizon and the two of you have finally made it to the infamous destination. In the parts of Itaewon known as Little Italy, was an Italian restaurant specializing in its house made tomato and Alfredo sauce, known as rosé. All of the famous celebrities loved dining here, but it was not a place one can simply go just for the gist of it. The menu was known for being quite pricey and the service top notch, but it was a price you were willing to pay in order to make things right between Mingyu and you.

As the two of you entered the dimly lit restaurant, the hostess greeted the two of you with a dazzling bright smile.

“Welcome My Bistro, have you gotten reservations for tonight?”

Nodding your head, you pointed to your name on the list. In a flash, the hostess grabbed two menus and led the way towards your table. Sitting in the far back of the restaurant, right next to the window, she placed the menu’s down, opposite of each other.

“Your waiter will be right with you,” she informed, before giving a slight bow and walking away.

Mingyu sat down cautiously, with his eyes wide and curious of a new found setting. “It’s pretty dark in here.”

Draping your jacket on the back of the chair, you chuckled and said, “Yeah, it’s supposed to set off the whole romantic vibe. Are you liking it?”

“Well not really. I can’t see your face.”

You rolled your eyes, smiling all the while and brought the small dinner candle to your face. “How about now?”

“Half of your face doesn’t count,” said Mingyu, shaking his head in objection.

Laughing, you placed the candle back down and opened up your menu.

“Since I’m always treating you to fried chicken and ramen, I figured we’d try something different today. I’m not sure if you’ll like pasta, but Italian dining is pretty much the ideal for fine dining.”

“We could have had chicken and I would have been even happier,” assured Mingyu.

You made a face. “Just look at the menu. Trust me, once you go Italian, you’ll never want to taste anything else.”

“Fine, I’ll take up on your offer. This better be the best damn thing ever,” he said, while sticking his tongue out at you in a playful manner. Opening up the menu, the two of you began to scan through the menu, debating on what dish to order.

A short moment later, the waiter appeared with two wine glasses. He looked fresh out of college and had a killer crooked smile. “Good evening, my name is Joonyoung and I’ll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with some drinks? Our special tonight is half off Pinot Grigio, imported straight from France.”

You almost fell off your chair at how gorgeous he was. “Uh-uh no thanks. I think we are okay with water for now.”

Mingyu narrowed his eyes, studying the interaction.

“Oh, that’s a shame. If you decide to change your mind on the drinks, let me know. You certainly don’t want to end your night without trying one drink,” winked Joonyoung.

Your cheeks grew slightly pink, flustered by how smooth his voice was.

“Um, excuse me Joonyoung, can we get to ordering the main dish,” demanded Mingyu.

“Sure thing,” said the young waiter. He pulled out a pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter