Eight

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I LIKE YOU THE BEST - BEAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZezaSsGHY

---

Time felt a lot slower than it usually was today. Every time you would look at the clock, it didn’t seem like the minutes had changed at all. Five minutes felt like forever and a second seem to have droned continuously on for hours. You kept telling yourself to stay patient because you had all night to hang out with Kai, but that didn't stop your heart from aching for him. That's the thing about being in love with your best friend, you don't just miss him because you crushed on him, you missed him because he was your other half and the only person in the world you could ever relate to. All you wanted was to talk to him about everything that has happened since you last saw him.

Minus the part about Mingyu, since you had no intention of spilling any secrets of his. The last thing you wanted to do was to upset any ethereal being from above and have angry storm troopers from another planet kidnap you and force you back to their land where you will be imprisoned for all of eternity. The thought of it made your body shudder in fear.

Speaking of Mingyu…

When you woke up this morning, Mingyu had already left. You noticed that he had folded his blankets and stacked his pillow on top of it. There was no note or anything that told you where he was going or what he was doing. The only indication that showed that he was ever in the house was his suitcase. It remained rooted next to the blankets, leaving off the scent of blueberries and cocoa.

As your morning classes ended, you went out to get your usual smoke break. There was something about being in an art program that brought out your inner demons. You weren’t exactly a big fan of smoking, nor were you a social smoker, but after being in a lecture hall for two hours, a smoke break was definitely much needed.

Also, it kind of comes with the starving artist theme of yours. There was something so undeniably bad yet metaphoric about a cigarette in one’s mouth that inspired you.

This terrible habit started a few months ago when freshman year of college started. Kai was disappointed in your growing habit, but never really made an effort to stop you. Your other friends, however, didn’t have clue that you smoked. It wasn’t a thing that you were proud of, so there was no reason to show it off to the world.

You had worn a leather jacket today, but regretted your decision the moment you got to school. Even the hoodie underneath didn’t keep you warm for long. Summer in Seoul was hot, but winter’s in Seoul was even colder.  

As you lit up your cigarette, snowflakes began to fall down from the sky. They were light and fluffy as they descended downwards, hitting against the ground and on top of people’s hair and jackets. People looked at you with a curiosity in their eyes, but when you daringly looked back, they shifted their gazes away.

You ignored them and let your mind wander off. It eventually led to Mingyu, and you softened slightly. *He’s probably miserable being all on his own… poor kid. I hope he doesn’t get lost either… Seoul’s a pretty big city.*

---

Applying to school had been the easiest part of Mingyu’s whole traumatizing earth ordeal, but actually staying in his classes and listening to his teachers teach was the more difficult part. Mingyu had always thought that if he had put his mind to things, he could do whatever he wanted. But he was very, very wrong.

The “Schooling” institution down on Earth was boring, repetitive and full of really shallow humans. The school looked dirty, and the white walls that were once white were now stained yellow from the lack of care given to it. The floors had blotches over it and the classrooms were too small for a class of thirty. Not to mention, the teachers here really looked like they hated their jobs and wanted nothing more than to beat up all the kids that talked back to them.

Even though back on Planet Diamond, Mingyu was a pain in the behind for all of his teachers, not one of them had ever lost a nerve with him. Despite hardly listening to them during their lectures, his Professors remained patient and caring towards him.

*Maybe I just chose the wrong school to attend.* The Prince thought to himself sourly. As his notes turned into doodles, he thought back to his parents and he froze up at the thought of them watching over him from above.

*Just pretend you are writing down notes, Mingyu. As long as the King and Queen see you writing something, they will think you are changing!* Mingyu reminded himself every now and then when his hands got lazy from taking notes. It was hard to stay awake, but he pushed himself to do it. From the corner of his eyes, he could see a couple of his female classmates ogling at him in interest. His ears picked up what they were saying and he smirked to himself.

“Oh, he is so cute!!!”

“You think he’s from Busan? He has that Busan bad boy attitude that I’m digging! Yummy!”

“No, no, he’s definitely from Jeju. Look at his skin, it’s so beautifully tan. He’s got to be from there.”

“Omo! Maybe he’s a foreigner? Brazil?”

There was a loud clear of the throat that came from the teachers direction. The girls whipped their head towards her and started writing down notes quickly. “This isn’t Tinder ladies, this is a classroom. Please leave all your teenage hormones outside of class, thank you very much.”

Instantly, all four of the girls who had been chatting about Mingyu froze in their seats and their cheeks flushed a deep crimson red in embarrassment. Mingyu who pretended to not know anything, turned his head slightly away and started to chuckle quietly to himself. He didn’t realize how much Earthling girls loved gossiping, especially about boys, but sitting here for the last few hours made him realize how shallow Earthling girls were. They gossiped about their looks, the boys, the parties and even who they had ‘slept’ with.

At times like this, Mingyu wished his hearing wasn’t so sensitive. He didn’t need to hear about anybody sleeping with anyone. He was too young for this!!!

*I swear we are all 17 here… how are these girls sleeping around so much???* Mingyu could not comprehend the amount of nonsense he had heard today. In the back of his mind, he wondered if Hari was like this, too. But as he imagined her face in his mind, the innocence that was held in her eyes when he first met her, told him that she was different from the girls in his classroom.

*Nah, Hari is cool. She doesn’t seem like any of those girls over there.* But then again Mingyu literally only knew her for a day. You can’t know everything about somebody in one day, knowing somebody takes time and a lot of effort. Plus, Hari didn’t seem like the type of person to open up so easily, which was what Mingyu wanted exactly. He hadn’t come down to Earth wanting to make friends at all, he came down to “observe” and “study” to make his parents happy, not to get to know people and become buddies with them.

But still, Mingyu’s thoughts kept swimming back to you and wondering what your school life was like. He wondered if “College” was like high school and if your classmates gossiped about boys as much as his classmates did.

When the bell signal for lunch, Mingyu was the first to pack up his bag and leave. Most of the students all piled out in the hallway, getting ready to go to the cafeteria but Mingyu left to sit outside in the bleachers. The uniform that he had on made him hot and itched his legs. The only way he knew how to cope with this heated struggle was by sitting outside on the bleachers.

He ignored all the whispers and gooey love stares from girls and walked right out the doors. He could hear people calling him crazy, because he wasn’t wearing a jacket or winter boots, but truthfully the cold didn’t really bother him. Planet Diamond was ten times colder than Earth, being here felt warm and cozy to him.

As he contemplated what job he should apply for, he saw a group of guys running ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter