Twenty Four

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY NEW YEARS GUY! Wishing you all the best in 2016 <3

 

JANG JAE IN - AUDITORY HALLUCINATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya0nm7unMQo

It is safe to say that in the past month, Kim Mingyu has been living the life of every teenage boy on Planet Diamond had ever dreamed of. He was able to travel to Earth, board in a house with a beautiful Earthling girl, attend high school like a normal Earthling AND be liberated from his parents. Not many teenagers on Planet Diamond could be given such privileged opportunities, and while some may dispute that it was because of Mingyu’s Princely status that granted him the opportunity, Joshua, the Kingsmen, the Servants and whoever else that served in the Palace understood that this opportunity was not freedom for the Prince.

It was a lesson to be learnt.

Forcing their one and only son down to Earth was the only way they saw fit. If he was going to mature as an adult and be the future King of Planet Diamond, he had to understand the importance of being independent and making the right choices.

But this? This right now?

Running to find a boy who broke a girl’s heart tonight just so Mingyu can find satisfaction in making her happy?

No.

This was not part of Mingyu’s lesson at all. This was not one bit of the reason why his parents sent him down here. The King and Queen watched on the blue holographic screen, the image of their son heading towards an unknown destination to confront what was going on between Hari and the boy who broke her heart.

The Queen stared at the screen in disbelief, frowning in disapproval as she watched Mingyu run across the city like a dog. Had he forgotten who he was? Had Mingyu forgotten that Prince’s do not chase after things, especially after people who have no relations to them? Sure she liked Hari. Heck, the Queen adored Hari for being so sweet to Mingyu, caring for him like an older sister and taking him in. She knew that Hari was the perfect person for Mingyu; trustworthy, kind, funny and patient. With Mingyu’s quirky personality, many people find it hard to tolerate him. Yet strangely enough, his personality and Hari’s personality was a match made in heaven.

As far as everyone on Planet Diamond could see, Hari was exactly the type of guidance Mingyu needed for him to grow on Earth.

But.

What the Queen cannot accept is the fact that her Royal son, was running around doing things for people in which he had no business doing. She very much wished that Hari had kept her tears to herself instead of exposing them to Mingyu. Her son was foolish, naïve and far too young to really understand these kind of situations. And now… look. This is the result of what Hari had exposed him to.

Mingyu was now going to get caught up in a web that he didn’t belong in.

“This is all your fault,” cursed The Queen, her eyes wet with tears as she glared at her husband.

The King pursed his lips, saying nothing back. His eyes weres glued to the holographic screen as he monitored Mingyu’s every movement. They had the Stormtroopers on standby. If something went wrong, with a snap of his fingers, the Stormtroopers will be sent down right away.

“He’s going to wind up hurting himself over her,” complained the Queen.

“Hush,” growled the King. “He’s not stupid. He may be childish, but my son, with my blood pumping through him, is in no way stupid.” Sensing the King’s annoyance, the Queen clamped her lips together and watched the screen with her husband.

The two of them sat utterly still, eyes moving wherever Mingyu went. It was like playing the waiting game, except that if he made one wrong move, they would send him straight back to Planet Diamond with no return flight back to Earth.

---

When he opens his eyes, Mingyu finds himself standing outside on a grassy field staring out at a dark sky and a faded red sign on his left that said, underground parking lot. It was a suspicious place to host a meet up in the middle of the night, but with no fear in his nerves, Mingyu tracked Kai’s movement’s from his watch. According to his map, Kai was on the south end of the parking lot.

A chill breezed down his spine, but it wasn’t because he was afraid. His eyes travelled upwards to the sky, knowing full well that his parents were probably upset with him. That’s the difference between his people and the Earthlings. Unlike his people, Earthlings are not linked with their parents. They will never know what it’s like to feel what their parents feel. They cannot feel the anger, the sadness and disappointment that their parents have whenever they do something wrong—they can only feel the fear, and the words ‘I am sorry, I’ll do better from now on’ sliding out of their lips.

Mingyu hesitated for a second before a flashback came to him, replaying the moment Hari was crying against his chest, the way she sounded so heartbroken and betrayed made his blood boil. No one should ever cry that way over somebody so useless. With her in his mind, he strode forward, shaking away all thoughts of his parents. The only person he wanted to see now was Kai.

It was a good thing Kai wasn’t going anywhere.

According to the map tracker, him and the other 2 persons were rooted to one spot. This makes finding him so much easier.

There was no gate, no garage, no doors blocking the entrance of the parking lot. It was an open entry, with only a long stick at the front to forbid cars from coming through but that’s about it. There wasn’t even a guard at the front, so to say that this place was still up and running was a bit questionable. Although the lights were still on in there, Mingyu couldn’t figure out what the use of the parking lot would be. It seemed to have been placed in the wrong spot, in the middle of nowhere, in a rural area that that held no signs of life.

Even the few cars that had been placed here looked as if they, too, had been abandoned here for decades. Dust residue clouds up the glass screen, and the wheels all look rusted and moldy from years of lack of use.

Why was Kai going to a place like this? What was here for him?

Just when Mingyu was a meter away, he could hear the flow of conversations ebbing out in the silent parking lot.

When the voices grew louder, Mingyu stopped in his tracks and hid behind one wall. He peered over slightly, seeing a short girl with two tall males, one dark haired and one blonde haired.  The dark haired one, which was obviously Kai, was on top of an expensive looking car, red and bright as he casually watches over Hayoung. Youngjae, the blonde douchebag, had an arm over Hayoung while she fixed her make up and pouted her lips at her compact mirror. Even though Mingyu had seen him for a split second, he could just tell by the look on Kai's face how much he adored the girl. He couldn't even begin to imagine what Hari must feel when she was in the presence of the two. 

“You really shouldn’t have done that, Hayoung,” warned a male voice, but he wasn’t being serious because Mingyu heard him chuckle.  

“Oh shut up, like you care Youngjae,” snapped a female voice. “The had it coming anyway. Did you see how rude she was being to me?” The sound of a lighter being flicked rang in Mingyu’s ear, and in no time, Youngjae was inhaling smoke. Disgusting. Mingyu made a face, but waited on for the voices to continue talking. He was careful to keep his invisible shield on in case anyone spotted him. 

“Kai, come on. I know you’re on my side. She was being so mean to me, wasn’t she?”

At the mention of Kai’s name, Mingyu’s face lit up with interest. 

There was a pause on the other side for a moment, until Kai's deep voice filled the air, “I am on no one’s side. I am disappointed in both of you.” 

“Oh, come on Kai. She was giving me so much attitude!”

“You should have left her alone. You know very well that you don’t like her, and you know how she feels about you. At least she tries to give you the space you want while all you do is put her down.”

The female pouts, making a weird noise in the back of as she continued to find reasons to defend herself. “I was looking to the reunion on all week and she ruined it. She even ruined my dress, Kai!”

“You ruined your own dress, Hayoung.”

At this point, Kai was starting to get the girl, Hayoung, quite mad. Her voice come out in half yell, half whine, “I can clearly see whose side your on now, you !”

“It’s not like that,” mumbled Kai, he almost sounded guilty. “I even ran after you, Hayoung.”

Mingyu was not certain about a lot of things in life, but one thing he was absolutely, positively, surely certain about was the fact that he didn’t like this Hayoung girl. In fact, he felt a deep hatred towards her even though he had literally heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter