FIFTY

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVENTEEN - ADORE U (VOCAL TEAM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgT4z-iNG2E

Two weeks has passed since Mingyu had last spoken to you.

Neither of you had tried to make the first move. In truth, you knew it was for the best to keep your distance until he wanted to speak to you again. You had written him a note, saying sorry on his sleeping bag, but that was it. He didn’t mention it, and you decided you shouldn’t have to either. When he was ready, you will be there for him with open arms. It seemed like an immature decision on your part to wait on him to contact you first but you were scared to push him farther away. 

School was now over and it felt like you and Mingyu were strangers again. Yet, this time around, you two really did feel like strangers. Even his first few days here were full of abundant smiles and jeering. Now he didn’t even look your way. It broke your heart to not speak to him, but what can you do? You were in the wrong. Why couldn't you just let Kai go when Mingyu had asked you to? Why are you such an idiot for not being happy with leaving the past, in the past. 

There were numerous nights where you cried yourself to sleep, and you wondered if Mingyu could see it on your face the next morning. Did he still care? Did he still love you? Did he miss you as much as you missed him? Even though the two of you lived under the same roof, the irony of missing him so much you felt like dying seemed like a crude joke to you.

At the end of the third week, you had come home from job hunting, when you saw his suitcase at the front door. As soon as you realized what was happening, your heart fell to the floor. Your eyes grew wide and you felt a sudden shiver past through your body. Oh no. NO! He was leaving!

You quickly ran into your house without taking off your shoes. “MINGYU! MINGYU WHERE ARE YOU?” Tears began to fill your vision. You noticed on the dining table, there was a bowl of warm seaweed soup greeting you, with the steam still escaping from it. There was also bulgogi and kimchi in separate bowls as well, all covered as if waiting for your return.

Appearing from the bathroom, Mingyu stepped out of it with a white t-shirt and denim jeans on. A small smile on his face. The first time he had smiled in weeks. Didn’t he notice your tears? Your expression turned flat as you stared at the man you loved, his grin indicating the goodbye that was ahead. Don't do this to me Mingyu... please. Don't say goodbye.

“W-where are you going?” you ran to him, holding onto his arm. You froze when you felt him shift away.

Mingyu gently shrugged out of your grasp and planted a tender palm on your head. “I’ve stayed here long enough noona. You’ve been taking care of me for a very long time and I want to say thank you for everything. I made you dinner as a thanks for all that you have given to me—”

“No, no. Don’t leave, please Mingyu. We didn’t even get to talk anything out! I’m sorry, I KNOW. It’s my fault. I’M SO STUPID, SO PLEASE STAY HERE!” You begged him. Tears were coming out violently now, but you didn’t care. You needed to talk things through and make things right between you two.

Mingyu shook his head, seeming to act as if nothing was wrong. “I’m sorry… if I led you on noona. I have to be honest with you and let you know that I really can’t stay here with you anymore. My purpose here was to study Earth and to bring what I learned from here back to my home. I have long extended my stay and overrode my welcome. Now its my time to leave... I'm sorry if this seems hasty, I hope that you can one day forgive me.”

You felt your breath cut short. Something sharp had split into your heart, and it wasn't the words that weren’t said, but implied. He was leaving you. He was not coming back. Your eyes were wide, frantically trying to find the words to tell him to stay, and that you love him, and that you were sorry.

“I know it’s my fault… that you are leaving. I know you wouldn't leave me just like that.... please let me work things out with you,” you managed to croak out.

Mingyu stared down at your sullen expression, gently swiping one thumb over the tear that ran down your cheek. “It’s going to be okay, everything will go back the way it was supposed to be. I love you, noona. I do, but I have to go.”

Before he can say anything e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter