Fifty Three

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KARD - DONT RECALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWLZOQKo78

In the middle of munching on your breakfast and scrolling through your Instagram feed, you received a surprising call from Rijin. You picked the call up on the first ring, immediately hearing a velvet sweet voice greeting you on the other line. “Hello my beautiful dongsaeng, how are you doing today?!”

“Well look who decided to finally give me a call!” You teased sarcastically. You put your spoon into your bowl and perked up, wondering what the phone call would be about.

“I have the best news for you!” exclaimed Rijin. Although you couldn’t see her, you had a feeling she had her palms wide open in excitement.

“You have the bests news for me, huh,” repeated what she had said. Taking a gulp of orange juice, you tilted your head and leaned the phone closer to your ear. “And may I ask what this news inquires?”

Rijin giggled, clearly too amped to see where to begin. “You see… long story short, I am currently dating this guy who owns some of the most well-known museums in Seoul. Particularly, the Posco Museum in Seoul is currently searching for a new secretary at the front desk. Now I know it’s a tiny position at the moment but as you work your way up, you might even one day become Chief of Operations or Director of Arts and Crafts there. What do you say? Are you interested? Once he mentioned it to me, your shining beautiful face popped right in my head! I can’t think if anyone else better for the position than you Hari.”   

By the time Rijin had finished explaining, your jaw had dropped to the floor. You couldn’t believe the wonderful opportunity being thrown your way. After an exhausting month and a half of job searching, you were finally given a second chance at life. In truth, if Rijin hadn’t called by the end of the week, you were willing to sacrifice your happiness to run back to the Noodle House. Even if you didn’t like the place, at least you were having some sort of income. However, now that Rijin had granted you this opportunity, you were undoubtedly going to take it.

“Of course, where do I sign up? And wait, you have a boyfriend? MY RIJIN UNNIE? We definitely need to go for drinks as soon as possible. On me!” You squealed. On the other end, Rijin screamed along with you, her excitement overpowering yours. Clapping your hands together, you glanced up at the ceiling. Thank you Universe for granting me this opportunity. May I forever be blessed by you! You bit your lip, holding back the bright smile you were about to put on. Can life get any better than this?

---

After a successful interview with the Directors and Managers of Posco Museum, they shook your hand and welcomed you to the team.

“Orientation begins in two Mondays from now, and after that, your first official shift will start. We will give you a call when the orientation is near,” smiled the Director. You bowed to him, and then to the Manager.  Then closing the door as you left, you jumped up and down at your first Museum job. You were DEFINITELY going to thank Rijin and her boyfriend for this later. Although the two who interviewed her came off a bit as snobbish, they had their reasons for being that way. People in the arts were always far more picky than regular people, but that didn’t mean all artsy people were pricks. You always considered yourself to be one of those.

As you left the Museum in happy spirits, you quickly dialed up Chanyeol, informing him of the great news ahead.

“I’m so proud of you Hari! 1) You finally called me without me asking you to. 2) You finally have a grown up job, my baby is growing up,” sniffled Chanyeol.

You rolled your eyes, though your nose was held slightly up in the air. You weren’t exactly proud, because you didn’t get the job yourself. However, a job opportunity like this only comes once in a lifetime and you were certainly not going to let it slip by.

“Since you have landed such a great job, let’s all meet up this weekend for drinks as a celebration for you,” suggested Chanyeol, the gears in his head was already mapping out a party.

“Okay, it’s just a job. No need to fuss over it,” you reassured him. You hated making things into a big deal. When it came to satisfying you, all you need was your friends by your side. Throwing a party would make no sense, especially in this scenario.

“Too late. We haven’t seen each other since Sehun’s birthday and that was three months ago. I’m planning something whether you like it or not.” He was serious.

You slapped a hand over your forehead. Why did you decide to call Chanyeol up again? “No, seriously. Nothing but you accepting this call was all that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter