Ten

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I NEED YOU - K. WILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7he400oN3Y

---

A few days have passed since Mingyu started living with you. Just like he promised, Mingyu stayed out of your sight for the majority of the time. When he was at home, he was on his laptop doing his own thing while you were in your room sketching. Periodically, you would come out of your room to get water and ask him if he was hungry, and you guys would exchange a quick chat about whatever you were doing and then you guys would go straight back to work.

When he said he wasn’t going to be a pest to you, you didn’t actually think he would mean it. Judging from his playful actions and childish attitude, you thought he would be annoying you left and right, but Mingyu was surprisingly very… well mannered.

As weird as it sounded, having Mingyu as a temporary roommate was strangely comforting. You had lived by yourself for so long that you had forgotten what it was like to live with somebody else. Having him around the house made it feel less empty. It was nice having someone tell you good morning and asking how your day went, even when that someone was practically a stranger.

It was a gloomy Friday.

You had finished class at 4 today and would’ve been home by now if you hadn’t decided to stop by the convenience store. Since Mingyu had not displayed any warning signs that he was a murderer, you decided to give him a copy of your keys. It was a lot easier on the both of you that way, since he wouldn’t have to wait outside your house until you came home, and you wouldn’t have to wait up for him until he got home.

While you waited for the bus, a car stopped by on the side of the road. You curiously stared at the white Lexus, wondering what the driver wanted. As the tinted windows rolled down, the driver appeared in sight. Your blank stare instantly turned into recognition. “Kris?” You walked over to the car and bent down with a delighted expression on your face. “Why are you still in Korea? I thought you’d be in Vancouver right now.”

Kris’s lips turned upwards. “Not yet. I had some things to do over here first. Tomorrow’s actually my last day.”

“Kris Wu, who’ve would thought you’d become such a busy business man after High school?” You grinned, making Kris smile in response. “Alright, don’t let me stop you now. I’ll see you next time when you come back.” You patted the car and was about to stand up when Kris gestured you to come in.

“What are we? Strangers? Get in the car, Hari. I’ll give you a ride,” offered Kris. You shook your head fervently, but Kris insisted. With a sigh of defeat, you went in the car.

Kris flashed you a wide smile and started the car.You would have never thought that out of everyone from high school, you and Kris would’ve ended up being the two closest to each other. Throughout high school, Kris rarely attended any of his classes because he was so busy travelling from city to country for his father’s company. At one point you thought Kris had moved schools, but it later turns out that he was just in Bora Bora training his Father’s new employees. You didn’t know too much about the company, aside from the fact that it was retail.

Despite his absence, Kris somehow managed to still graduate high school and getting the third highest rank in the school.   

“Where are we heading to today, Hari?” asked Kris, turning on his GPS.

“Home, please!” You started to laugh, because it sounded like he was your taxi driver and not your friend.

“I’m not your taxi driver, I am your friend,” said Kris, as if he read you mind.

You gave him a bewildered look. No matter what you were thinking or what you were about to say, Kris always knew what you were going to say before you did. Yixing always joked about how you and Kris were twins because you guys always finished each other’s sentences.

“I’m not even going to ask how you knew,” you said, crossing your arms over your chest.

Kris laughed and pointed to his head with an index finger. “It’s a Hari intuition. I have it wired in my brain to let me know that you are alive you know.”

You rolled your eyes, but laughed, too.

“By the way, I came back for you that night,” said Kris. He switched lanes smoothly without needing to look at his blind spot. As unsafe as that sounded, Kris was a great driver with an outstanding driving record. “Where did you go? Please don’t tell me you went home on your own again.”

He almost sounded annoyed.

Your shoulders bobbed up and down as you shrugged, “I don’t know. Did I? Maybe I took the cab.”

“Knowing you, you probably didn’t,” sighed Kris. From outside, a light rain broke out from the clouds.

Kris turned his windshields wiper on and sent a concern look your way, his eyebrows were deeply connected together. “When I go back to Vancouver, I’m going to make sure Kai babysits your . Lord knows how difficult it is to watch over you, Hari.”

“I am not a baby, Kris. I can watch over myself,” you defended yourself. Chanyeol and Kris were always treating you like a kid. No matter how many times they watch you beat up Tao and X

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter