Chapter 8

I'm Marrying You?!

Your POV

 

“Eomma, you cant do this!! It will kill me!” I said as we walked into our house.

“It wont kill you, Inhee. We’ve made this promise ever since you were born.” Appa explained.

OH , WHY DID HE HAVE TO MEET MR. KIM WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE?!

“Appa, I don’t even know him, and,,,,he’s…old already.”

“He’s just the same age as your older brother, Inhee, he’s just two older than you.” Eomma explained as she handed her discarded coat to a maid.

“Still, I wont do it. I don’t want to.” I said.

“You can say anything you want, Inhee, but the decision’s been made.” Appa said.

“Don’t I even have a say on whom I’ll marry?!” I couldn’t hold it any longer. I was just so frustrated.

“Don’t you dare raise your voice at us young lady, all your life you were pampered and spoiled us, you don’t even care about the company, you don’t have a job, the only thing you need to do for us- your parents is to marry the man you were arranged with. If you don’t want to, you are free to leave the house.” Appa said coldly, then he walked away.

I felt my eyes water. This….isnt…right. Eomma hugged me once and followed dad, but she stopped and turned to me.

“Don’t take what your father said seriously, Inhee, he-both of us are just doing this for your future.” Eomma said.

“But this…is~”

“It’s because we love you, that’s why we want you to marry someone capable and worthy of you.” She said, then she went up to their room.

This is so wrong. Why am I marrying someone I don’t even love? Isnt that the whole concept of marriage, LOVE? I felt my eyes water, I care about the company, I just never had the calling to work.  And what’s worst? The man I’m marrying looks like he’s in love with someone.

I felt hands on my shoulders.

“Time for bed, Innie, worry about that tomorrow, you need sleep.” Khun oppa said as he pulled me to the stairs.

“Am I really a useless child, oppa?”

“How could you say that? No, you’re not.”

I shook my head.

“Look at me, Inhee.” He made me face him.

“You’re not useless, okay? You’re my very special sister, you’re the only girl in the family and we all love you. It’s just that…Father doesn’t want you to meet the wrong person, that’s why he wants you to marry into the Kim family.”

“Wow, they totally love me because they’re making me marry someone I don’t even know.” I said as I shrugged his hands off and went up to my room.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Mom, you’re being unreasonable. I don’t even like her.”

“You will like her in the future when you’re married.” Mom said.

“Son, we made this arrangement ever since you were born. Her father and I are the best of friends.” Father said.

“I don’t care about the promise, you made that without even telling me. I will not marry her.”

“Well, you do that and leave me your resignation letter tomorrow.” Father said as he went to his study. I flinched as he banged the door.

“Jaejoong, we’ve already sent the invitations, there’s no turning back now. It would be a big disgrace.”

“But…I love Serin mom.” I said.

“But she doesn’t love you back, I can see it.”

“Because I never told her I love her.”

“No, Jaejoong, I can see it in her eyes, she loves you, yes, but only as a friend. Nothing more than that.”

I sighed.

“I don’t love Ho Inhee.”

“You’ll never know what will happen, dear.” She gave me a warm smile and left.

What will happen?

I will be marrying a rich spoiled brat and a bonus, a rich spoiled brat who is also a player.

 

Your POV

 

I woke up pretty late, 10 AM. I couldn’t get any sleep last night. Well can you sleep soundly when you’re getting married in such a short span of time?

I stood up from my bed and pulled the curtains. I stretched my arms, then I saw a black Rolls Royce enter the gate. It wasn’t ours. I watched as the car turned in our car.

I saw a familiar lady descend from the car.

Mrs. Kim.

I almost tripped on the desk and I dashed to the bathroom. I will take an hour bath and will not show my face~

“Inhee? Oh, good thing you’re up early, your mother in law is here, please dear take a shower quickly.” Mom was standing by the door; she was wearing a blue dress with her favorite pear studs.

“..yes, mom.” I said as I gave her a smile and entered the bathroom.

I honestly have nothing to say about my situation right now. I’m getting married this weekend, yes, this weekend. Last night, butler Jang handed me a copy of an invitation to my wedding and my jaw literally dropped when I read the date.

 

After taking a shower I changed into a cream colored sleeveless mini dress and a pair of red Tory Burch flats. I dried my hair and went down. I was on the stairs when my phone pinged.

I already RSVP-d. Kekeke. Meet us later at the Grill for lunch, baby.  -Junho oppa

I hate you. Fine, I’ll be there, I replied.

I glared at my phone and placed it back in my pocket.

I entered our living room and was welcomed by my mom and my other….soon to be mom. I sighed. I like Mrs. Kim, really, but marrying her son, is another thing.

 

It took a good 45 minutes just to get away from the moms at home, they were planning the wedding, they had three wedding coordinators following their every single word and copying the details they wanted. Not that I don’t have a say in anything, I just didn’t feel like it. Well,yeah.

 

“Inhee, you’re here!” Wooyoung oppa ran to me as I entered the outdoor function room of the Grill. He gave me a hug and spun me around, earning us a few weird stares from other customers.

“I cant believe you’re getting hitched before any of us.” He said as he pulled me to the table with the others. Chansung oppa was slicing some sort of steak.

“Uggh, remind me why I went here again?” I asked as I sat down beside Taecyeon oppa.

“We’re having a congratulatory lunch in your honor.” Junho oppa grinned.

“In a barbeque place.” I said with skeptcism.

“We tend to break away from tradition, right?” Chansung oppa said while raising his invitation up.

“You guys are all coming?” I asked as I forked a piece of mushroom. They all went back to eating.

“Ya, aren’t you worried for me, at all? I’m marrying a stranger!” I said, hurt.

5 pairs of eyes looked at me.

“It’s not like he’s a gangster, baby.” Jun oppa said while chewing on his steak.

“Yeah, he’s a tycoon, a good business man.” Taecyeon oppa nodded. Chansung oppa gave me a smile and raised both if his thumbs.

I sighed.

“But, where is my brother?” I asked.

“We called him, he said he’s stuck in a meeting.” Wooyoung oppa said. I nodded.

“So, how is this Kim Jaejoong like?” Taecyeon oppa asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Uhm, he’s human?”

“Wow, we didn’t know that, baby.” Jun oppa gave me a wan smiled.

“I don’t know, why do you have to ask me? It’s not like I dated him before I’m marrying him.” I exploded.

“But, how come you never told us anything?” Junho oppa asked. I swallowed a chunk of meat.

“Well, I just heard I was getting married last night.” I said with a sweet smile.

“Seriously?”

I nodded.

“The invitations…” Chansung oppa trailed.

“Ask the elders.” I shrugged.

“It’s a surprise arranged marriage?!” Junho oppa asked.

“What do you think?” I gave him a shrug and went back to eating.

“And you’re not rebelling against it?” Taecyeon oppa asked.

“Do you think something will happen if I do? You know my parents, oppa.”

“Good point.” He nodded.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jaejoong arrived at Noree, jazz bar situated at Namdaemun. He found Serin sitting alone.

“Did you wait long? Sorry, I got stuck in traffic.” He said as he sat beside her.

“No, I just got here.” She said as she took a sip from her drink.

“So, it’s really happening? You getting married this weekend?” Serin said. Jaejoong stiffened.

“You received your invite already?” He stuttered. Serin nodded.

“It’s real. I’m getting married.” He said, head hung low. He heard Serin sigh.

“Why, are you jealous?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes, I am.” Serin nodded without looking at him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++