Chapter 7

I'm Marrying You?!

 

Khun’s POV

 

I woke up for breakfast, Inhee followed a few minutes later, she sat down without looking at me. I read the newspaper and drank my coffee. Then after eating a piece of bread she stood up again and left the room. I looked at her as she made her way to the garden.

 

“Innie, are you mad at me?” I asked as I sat beside her on the bench.

“Oppa, how could you do that to me? It was her fault too, my toe is wounded!” She pointed to her toe.

“I know she was at fault too.”

She looked at me incredulously.

“The why did you let me apol~”

“Inhee, she looked like she wouldn’t let it go, she would cause a scene if you didn’t apologize.”

“But still, you made me apologize to someone who hurt me.” She crossed her arms; I placed my arm around her.

“I know, I did wrong, I’m sorry, baby, but when people act like that, you have to give way, don’t stoop down to their level.” I prodded as patted her head. She nodded slowly.

“I know, Oppa.” She beamed at me.

“So today, Mom and Dad are coming, do you want to come with me and pick them up?”

She gave me a weird look.

“Oppa, we have the chauffeurs for that, let’s just wait for them at home and give them a warm welcome back.”

“Right, drivers.” I scratched the back of my head. She laughed.

“Shower now, Inhee, mom and dad are coming.” I said as pulled her to stand.

“Arasso, but Oppa….” She said as we walked back to the house.

“What?”

“I like the Hello Kitty band aids better than the Pooh ones.” She said, referring to the band-aid I placed on her foot.

“That still matters now?” I asked as I playfully placed my arm around her pulled her to the house.

“What can I say? I’m the only girl!” She said while laughing.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

“Hi Mom, Dad.” Inhee said as her parents entered the house, she gave them a hug each.

“Was your flight okay?” Khun asked.

“It was a bit bumpy, but nothing we cant handle.” Mrs. Ho chuckled as they went to the living room, where tea and cookies were served.

“No news from Chunji?” Their father asked.

“I emailed him the other day, he said he’ll be back soon.” Inhee replied as she got a cookie and nibbled on it.

“That’s good, I still hope he’s going to be here for the wed~”

“Honey!” Mr. Ho sounded alarmed.

The two Ho children looked at them skeptically. Mrs. Ho clamped shut.

“Anyway, tomorrow, I’ve scheduled a private family dinner, Inhee dress nicely.” Mr. Ho said, changing the subject.

“O-okay, appa.” Inhee nodded.

“Khun, give Chunji call, I’m worrying about that child, he’s been to busy because of school.”

“I will, Abeoji.”

 

Your POV
 

I was strolling at Town Square mall, I was wearing a purple sheer blouse and black leather hot pants, and my favorite black patent YSL pumps.

I entered Tory Burch, I was checking a certain purse when I heard a familiar shrilly voice. I looked up and saw a couple, the guy was wearing a black suit with a blue shirt inside, and the girl was wearing a green Versace dress.

“Really? So what did Su say?” I heard them talking. I saw the way the guy looked at her, it looked he……loves her.

Oh, they must be dating, that guy, Kim Jaejoong, got mad at me because of her dress, that rude even insulted me. But..why did that girl flirt with my older brother?

I placed the product down. Then I saw them two looking at me. I looked at them straightly. The Serin girl looked at me coldly, then she looked away. Kim Jaejoong gave me a tight-lipped nod.

Seriously? I could buy a 100 of dresses and then burn them. I shook my head as I went to the cashier to pay for my purchase. I was about to exit the store when someone brushed pass me, hitting my shoulder, he went out of the store. But I heard him talking on the phone.

“Dinner?...Tonight?....Okay, I’ll be there. I’m with Serin.”

I glared at his back as I went on my way. Rude good-looking .

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I met my parents at home, they were both dressed.

“Jaejoong, hurry, dress up! I already asked Butler Seo to prepare your suit for you.” Mom said as I made my way to the stairs.

“Who are we meeting anyway?” I mumbled to myself.

“Very important people!” I heard mom said. Wow, mom hears so well.

 

“Eomma, who are they, why do we have to dress up just to meet them?” I asked, we were all inside the car.

“You’ll know later, son. You almost got us late, where were you?”

“I told you, I was out with Serin.” I replied.

“You’re always out with her, and yet she doesn’t reciprocate your feelings.” Mom said as she fixed her dress.

“I haven’t confessed yet, mom.” I replied.

“Well, I’m sure you will find someone better than her.” She said. I was about to talk when father gave me a look. I sat back on the seat.

No one’s better than her, mom. She’s the one.

 

Khun’s POV

 

I was having a video call with my younger brother through my Ipad.

“Oh, hyung, why?”

“Ya, you, when are you going home? You don’t even call.”

“Oh, about that, I’m busy, I’m still finishing my thesis. But after this, I’ll go home. I promise.”

“Give mom and dad a call if you have time, they’re worried about you.” I said as I sat on my couch.

“Arasso, hyung. How’s Noona doing?”

“She’s still the same, she misses you.”

“Does she still have those…dreams?” Chunji asked hesitantly.

“Yes, sometimes~”

“Oppa?” Inhee was on my door. She saw me talking to Ipad.

“Talking to someone~ oh, dongsaeng-ah!” She said as she looked at scream.

“Hello, Innie noona. Are you two going out? You’re all dressed up?” Chunji asked, Inhee sat beside me on the couch.

“Yeah, family dinner, wish you would join us though.” Inhee pouted.

“I’ll be home in a few Noona, anyway, I need to get back to school, I’ll call later. Bye.”

I placed the gadget down. Inhee was beside me, wearing a blue power shouldered dress.

“You look so Inhee-ish.” I grinned.

“Mom and dad left already Khunnie, I’m riding with you.” She said.

“It’s just Khunnie now, huh?” I grinned as I wore my coat.

“Well, I told you I wanted Winnie the Pooh ones.” She said as she pointed to her toe.

“It bled again?” I asked as we exited the room.

“I wore heels earlier.” She smiled wanly.

“Careless girl.” I said as we approached the car.

“The Pooh ones, okay? Let’s buy after dinner.”

Aigoo, if she’s still going to be like this, what would happen if my sister gets married?

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Mr. and Mrs. Ho arrived first; they found the Kim family already waiting inside the private hall.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, Saeyeon-ah.” Mrs. Ho said as she pecked Mrs. Kim from cheek to cheek.

“It’s okay, we just arrived too.” Mrs. Kim replied.

The two elders, Mr. Ho and Mr. Kim were talking like old high school friends reunited. They were both laughing and talking.

“Oh, by the way Minhee-ah this is Jaejoong, my son.” Mrs. Kim gave me Mrs. Ho gave her a meaningful look.

“Nice to meet you, my my you have grown a lot, last time I saw you, you were just a baby.” Mrs. Ho smiled as she shook Jaejoong’s hand.

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Ho.”

“It’s Auntie for you, hon.” Mrs. Kim prodded.

Soon, Jaejoong was already introduced the Mr. Ho, whom he was given a warm nice to meet you.

Soon, waiters entered the hall and served the main course. Just as they were about to start a conversation, Khun entered with Inhee.

“Hey mom, dad, sorry we’’re late~ oh, good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” Inhee bowed politely.

“It’s okay, Inhee, take a seat, you two must be hungry.” Mr. Ho said as she gestured for her to seat right across from Jaejoong. Inhee nodded gratefully.

“Famished.” Khun agreed sending Inhee a look. She grinned at him.

Inhee didn’t look at Jaejoong, she was starting to have the feeling she would definitely not like the guy who insulted her.

“What was that announcement you mentioned, father?” Khun asked, making everyone looked up at Mr. Ho in expectation.

Jaejoong looked at his parents’s smiling face. Then he had a sudden sinking feeling in him.

Inhee went back to looking at her plate, her face read, its-just-business-i-don’t-really-care look.

“It’s about Jaejoong and Inhee~” Mr. Ho started.

Inhee’s head snapped out as she heard her name.

“They’re getting married, next week.” Mr. Ho said with a smile. Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Ho smiled lovingly at the two.

Jaejoong’s fork slipped from his hand.

“ANDWAE! (NO WAY!)” Inhee said.

Everyone went quiet. Nichkhun looked shocked at the same time amused.

“Why would I marry him? I barely even know him!” She pointed an accusing finger at Jaejoong.

“Mom, I don’t want to marry her, I have someone.” Jaejoong said.

“It’s already been prepared, hon, the invitations have been sent earlier this afternoon.” Mrs. Kim said with a smiled as she stood up and gave her son a pat in the cheek, then she gave Inhee a hug.

“I’m so happy to have a daughter in law as beautiful as you, Inhee.”

Mrs. Ho went to Jae and patted his shoulder.

“It’s not auntie anymore, Jaejoong, it’s omoni now.” She gave him a smiled.

Inhee didn’t know what to say. Jaejoong didn’t talk anymore; none of them could win against their parents.

But one thing bothered them the most,

WILL THEY HAVE TO REALLY REALLY MARRY EACH OTHER?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++