Chapter 20

I'm Marrying You?!

 

 

Your POV

 

“Hello?” I answered my phone, I was standing at the restaurant’s mini veranda.

“Noona?”

Oh, it’s loverboy.

“Chunji baby, what’s up?” I asked.

“It’s Soomin’s birthday party~”

“Your girlfriend? You’re finally introducing her to me~”

“Noona, how did you know?”

“Ha! So you do have one!”

“ANYWAY, Noona, she wants you to come later with Jaejoong hyung.” Chunji sounded irritated.

“She’s having a party? That’s good.”

“Yeah, it’s at Clover later at 7.” Ji replied.

“Arasso, I’ll tell him about it, I’ll just call you later, okay?”

“Okay, noona. Please do come, she wants to meet you.”

“Aigoo, I’ll try. I’ll see you later, hopefully. I love you little brother.”

“Bye noona.”

“Ya~! Wait, no more “I love you too” because you have a girlfriend already? How disappointing.” I tsk tsked.

“Noona~~~!” Chunji whined.

“I understand, call you later loverboy.” I placed my phone down and went back to the restaurant.

 

“Who was it?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oh, Chunji, he wanted me to ask~ uh, I’ll tell you later.” I said.

“Okay, anyway, my parents wants us for dinner tonight.”

WHAT? EEP, schedule conflict.

“..Ah….okay.” I replied.

“Inhee sister, can I ask you something?” Junsu oppa asked. I gave him a nod.

“You’re not really what we think you are right?” He tilted his head.

“What?” I asked, Jaejoong was looking at me.

“Yoochun said you were a pla~”

“Kim Junsu, just continue eating.” Jaejoong grew tense beside me.

“Let him continue.” I said as I gave him a smile.

“You’re not a playgirl, are you?” He asked, Changmin looked at him then he choked on his wine.

“Junsu, You~!” Jaejoong reacted. Serin was quietly listening.

“Ya, relax, at least he asked first, right?” I said to Jaejoong.

“I’m not a playgirl, all those idiots~I mean guys you’ve seen me with they’re just like brothers to me.” I said as I patted Junsu’s hand. I saw him smile gleefully.

“See? See? I was right! She’s not like Yoochun!” He pointed Serin, Changmin and Jaejoong. I had to stifle a laugh.

“Ya, I wasn’t included with that.” Serin waved him off.

“Inhee-ya, all that time I didn’t believe them, I knew you had a reason why you were with them.” Junsu said.

“Thanks, cousin-in-law for believing in me when no one was.” I said while giving Jaejoong a look.

“What? It was all Yoochun’s fault.” He reasoned. I laughed.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“We’re really sorry for calling you that Inhee.” Changmin said as we stepped out of the resto.

“It’s okay, long legs oppa.” She replied. I had to laugh at that one.

“Changmin actually allows girls to call him names.” I said as I helped Inhee with the steps.

“Because she’s my sister.” Changmin shrugged.

“Amazing, Minnie.” Junsu said.

“I’m the best friend and you wouldn’t allow me to call you names.” Serin muttered.

I looked at her, Junsu heard it too.

“I have to go.” Serin started to turn away.

“Serin-ah~” I said I was about to follow her but I remembered Inhee.

“Go after her, she’s feeling bad.” Inhee said.

“But, who’ll drive you~”

“Oppa’s office is just around the corner, now, go after her. You don’t want to lose her.” Inhee gave me slight push. I ran after Serin.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Inhee watched as Jaejoong disappeared in the crowd.

“Why did you do that? He’s your husband.” Junsu said. Inhee shrugged.

“Why stop someone from going to someone he loves?” She replied as they walked. The two men stopped walking.

“You know?!” They said at the same time.

“Who doesn’t?” Inhee said.

“And you, Changmin oppa, you should be sensitive enough that you might hurt her feelings. ”

“But~”

“You don’t need to explain, I understand, I grew up with seven boys.” Inhee said.

“I’ll drive you back~” Junsu started.

“No need, my brother’s office is just right over the corner, I ‘ll just walk there.”

“But letting you walk~”

“You thought I was a playgirl and now you think I’m a spoiled brat who can’t walk?” Inhee asked.

“Jaejoong would kill us~”

“He wont, now you guys go, I know you still have work.” Inhee waved them goodbye and walked away.

“Hyung, I have to admit though, Inhee’s too sweet to be a playgirl.” Changmin said.

“I agree, Jaejoong hyung’s lucky to have her.” Junsu nodded.

 

Your POV

 

I walked to our company office. Why do I feel angry at myself? Angry for what? Letting Jaejoong run after Serin? No, I cant be like that, they should be angry at me, if I didn’t enter the picture they wouldn’t be separated.

I arrived at the lobby, I hopped in the elevator.

 

“Oppa! Annyeong!” I said as I marched in his office and lie on the couch face first.

“Inhee, behave.” Oppa said as he threw a blanket over me.

I sat up.

“Have you eaten already?” He asked as he sat on the other leather couch.

“Yes, did Chunji say something about a~”

“Girlfriend, party at Clover tonight, what was her name again?”

“Soomin. Are you going?” I asked.

“I’m not sure~”

“Oppa, you should go, I cant go.” I replied.

“Why?”

“Jaejoong’s parents are having is over for dinner.” I replied.

“It being tied.” I added. Khun oppa laughed.

“I’ll go.”

“Good! Now, bring a resume with you, ask for her address, age, weight, height, blood type, background~”

“Inhee-yah.” He gave me a warning look.

“Well, you’re the overprotective older brother, I’m the overprotective older sister.”

“Yeah, right.  Anyway, what brings you here?” Oppa asked.

“What? I cant visit my dear brother whom I miss so much?” I smiled and batted my lashes.

“Aegyo wont work today, missy.” He shook his head as he got his Ipad.

“Well, I just had lunch with Jaejoong and his friends and I decided to pass by.”

“And you left your husband, that’s great Innie.”

“More like I let him leave me.” I said as I touched my lower lip thoughtfully.

“What?” Oppa looked up.

“Loooong story, but….Oppa, you told him,,why?”

“Told who what?”

“My nightmares…why did you have to tell him?” I bit my lower lip.

No one should know about THAT.

“Inhee, he should know, he’s gonna be living with you in one house and he’s your husband.”

Not for long, Oppa. I sighed.

“Did you tell him why I have them?” I asked reluctantly.

“No, I didn’t. It’s your choice if you want him to know~”

“No, oppa, please don’t.” I said.

“I wont, Innie.” He smiled.

I sighed in relief. Seriously, Kim Jaejoong, aka my husband should never know what kind of crap I had gone to before~

“Hyung? I’m here for the feedback report on~ Oh, Noona.” Chunji came in with a folder in his hand.

“Oh, it arrived already, I’ll check on that later.” Khun oppa got the folder from him and placed it on his worktable. I watched Chunji.

“Noona, waeyo? All your staring~”

“You hid your girlfriend from your hyung and noona, why?” I asked as I crossed my arms. Khun oppa made a you’re so dead action by running an imaginary knife over his neck.

“I didn’t really hide her, I was just looking for the right time~”

“When did you start dating? Where did you meet? How old is she~”

“Noona, you sound like a detective.” Chunji sat beside me.

“Ya, you shouldn’t hide your girlfriend, look at your noona, she wasn’t even dating and yet she ended up married.” Khun oppa said.

“Ya!”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Serin-ah, what’s wrong?” I said as I finally stopped her.

“Why are you here? Go back to her.” She shrugged me off.

I grabbed both of her shoulders.

“Why did you explode like that earlier? We both know how Changmin is.”

“I know how he is, Jae dammit.” She sighed. I looked at her. Why is she mad?

“Are you mad? Serin, Changmin didn’t mean to hurt you, he was just making Inhee comfortable~”

“It’s always about Inhee, Inhee, Inhee.” She said as she raised both of her hands and pushed me away.

“Serin-ah~”

“You know what, I need to leave Jae. I’ll….call you.” She said as she turned away.

Whats wrong with her? I already assured her that to us she would always be Cho Serin, our only girl.

I walked back to my car. Then a sudden thought hit me. Did Inhee make it safely to their company?

I got my phone and called her.

“Hello?” I heard her voice at the other end.

“It’s me, are you in the company already?” I asked.

“Yeah, I am, why?” She sounds distracted.

“Nothing, oh, don’t forget about the dinner.” I reminded.

“Sure. I’ll be home by 4.”

“And, what was that you wanted to tell me earlier?” I remembered she wanted to say something.

“Uhmm, I’ll--- just forget it, it wasn’t that important. I’ll see you later.”

I placed my phone down.

I wonder what was that she wanted to say?

 

Your POV

 

I was back at home, I was still choosing what to wear for dinner. I wonder why his parents want to have us over. Strange.

“This or this?” I muttered as I placed two mini dresses on the bed. I was to choose over a blue with golden tassels mini from BCBG or the purple satin off shoulder dress from Prada.

“Purple would look good on you.” I heard someone say. I turned, Jaejoong was leaning on the doorframe casually.

“When did you arrive?” I asked.

“A few minutes ago. I had to drop by the company.” He said. I looked at the wall clock. 5:30 pm.

I nodded as I placed the blue dress aside. I went in the closet to get a pair of heels. I found Jaejoong sitting on the divan.

“So, what was that Chunji wanted you to tell me?” He asked.

He remembers?

“You have great memory.” I muttered.

Somehow, having him inside the room doesn’t make me feel awkward, on the contrary it feels…normal…in a way.

“Well, his girlfriend’s birthday is today, she’s having a party tonight a Clover, and since we have this dinner, I told him we cant come. But you don’t have to worry about it, Khun oppa’s going.” I nodded to myself as I got my bag.

“We should go after dinner, it’s a bar party, we can go late.” He said.

“Jaejoong, it’s okay, we should~”

“I think I should leave a good impression on my brother-in-law, right?” He gave me a wistful smile as he stood up and headed to the door.

tumblr_lvnbe4lC7l1qancn8o1_r1_500.gif

 

“Now, I’ll leave my wife to dress up.” He grinned as he went out and closed the door behind him.

How does he do that? Smile and make me feel fuzzy wuzzy inside.

Aish.

“…Okay.” I said as I turned to my dress.

Even though we just married for business, I’m glad he wants to impress my family. It feels nice.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++